Clothes and reusable nappies...

Does anyone have any recommendations for baby boys clothing that is cut more generously to accommodate big nappies? Baby snowboarder is quite chubby anyway, never mind the nappy, and his new next size up trousers are too tight (and way too long)! I know about the cut 4 cloth range but they are SO expensive....any ideas?

cheers. x

My son was practically square so I know what you mean. I found that the Gap and H&M often had some great ones that had wide soft elastic at the top, were quite roomy, and had elastic on the cuff so that if you did have to buy bigger sizes (we did) at least the legs were not dragging at the bottom. Especially helpful when they start cruising and walking because it's hard to learn to walk when you're dripping over you trousers!

We put fella in stretchy material trousers where you can get in nearly all baby shops - or older kids trousers/shorts and roll up/cut-off the extra length. My 11 month old wears his two year olds cousins shorts and they work great as mid-length trousers and cover his cloth nappy with room to spare. Have you thought about 'babylegs'? Makes nappy changing easier too. Though if he's got very chunky thighs they may dig in a bit at the top at this phase, but may work well later on for him when he lengthens out.

Dungarees, and tracksuit bottoms I'd say...and check out places like George at Asda and Primark.

Another good tip (though may not be possible now) is to look out for trousers intended to be 3/4 length summer cut offs for older children, they work great over cloth nappies as full length trousers the first year, then as 'summer shorties' the next year, and often even fit for the 3rd summer once nappies are no longer in use! You may drop on a few of these in the sales at places like Baby Gap now I imagine?

Molly