Car seats and air bags

ratty

Is there anyway, anyone knows, that you can fit a car seat into a front seat when there is an air bag? I often have my boy alone in the car with me and it would be much better to have him in the front. I do not think air bags are turn offable....

I am not hopeful, but if anyone knows anything......

I think you might be able to turn off passenger side airbag for this very reason as you should never have it on while a child/baby is in the front seat. I'm not sure how new your car is, but check in your instruction manual (or call/google said car dealership and see if they can help).

We are able to turn off our passenger side airbag through a series of hoops and loops while we start the car, and while it's off our car will always remind us so when we start the car.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

-C

I think the problem is specific to rear-facing car seats - certainly de-activate the airbag in this case. Incidentally, latest guidance from doctors is that rear-facing car seats should be used for children aged 4 and under as the risk of serious injury/death is greatly reduced.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1192448/Use-rear-facing-car-seats-age-4-warn-experts.html