Birthday Party

Adam

Does anyone have any recommendations for (hired) entertainment at a first birthday party? My baby and maybe 5 or 6 little friends will be there. I was thinking of Monkey Music (she loves the classes) but it is a bit more than I want to spend.

Before anyone asks, I am planning on doing plenty of entertainment myself but would like to hand over to the professionals just for an hour or so!

I agree with Fuschia, I honestly don't think it's worth paying for entertainment for 1 year olds. Both of mine at their 1st birthday parties (which just involved a few of their friends & some party food) were more interested in playing with wrapping paper than anything else :)

Good suggestions everyone...I just feel I should lay something on as some of the kids are travelling a fair way (from outside London) to join us. I'd be a bit embarassed to do a song and dance routine myself in front of their parents!

I have to agree 100% with Fuschia too. Why don't you have a big play date in your sitting room with your little one and 6 of her friends and get a cake with one candle so everyone can sing happy birthday. You can add some balloons to make it festive and have fun music on that she likes. The babies will entertain themselves.

My eldest's first birthday was spend sitting on a kitchen counter transfixed by the lit candle on her birthday cake while everyone sang happy birthday. My youngest's first birthday was spent on a 13 hour flight back to the UK from Shanghai.

It's only when they get a bit older and can remember that you have to start being creative!

Good luck!

Edited for pathetic typos.

we bought a bouncy castle from argos for our daughters 1st birthday party at home. It had a ball pit attached to it (which could also be filled with water) and we had our sand pit and a bubble machine. The bouncy castle and ball pit kept the kids entertained for ages (even the older kids) and the alcohol and bbq food kept the adults entertained too

Hi - we hired the room above the Magnolia pub on Lordship Lane with our NCT group. It was around 50 quid and they got out some mats and toys that they use for their baby club in the week. The kids played while all the adults had a nice lunch and some wine. I think at one they probably wouldn't sit still long enough for any entertainment. They're just happy if there are toys and loads of boxes and wrapping paper to play with.

Stop it Adam and listen to the voice of reason or experience !!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I've had more kid's parties then I want to own up to.....the first major one was when my eldest daughter was four and most of her nursery friends were invited to our home WE WERE INEXPERIENCED and UNPREPARED. The party was for FOUR hours....and as the children arrived it was as if pigeons had been released from a basket they were everywhere. We laugh about it now...............

Good Luck

PS We've had 30 children's birthday parties....there I've confessed and said it out loud fool that I am....

|