Ivydale school

emc

Hi

Starting to look at primary schools for my 3 year old - while she is attending a Catholic pre-school I know there's a big chance she might not make it into the primary so thinking about other options too. I live v close to Ivydale so just wondered if anyone on here has kids that started last year or this year and can tell me a bit about what you think of it....

Many thanks

x

Hi there,

My 5 year old now has just started year 1, and loads of friends and neighbours have got children in reception, nursery etc. So far we've found it a wonderful school, with a very strong/active parent body and some excellent after school activities. The Foundation and Early Years stages are particularly strong with some wonderful teaching taking place.

We've lived in Nunhead for over 12 years and the school has improved consistently throughout that time, when I first came to the area it was all about how to 'get into Goodrich' but I now consider myself to be exceptionally lucky to live around the corner from Ivydale, and it was certainly our first choice when we had to fill in the necessary forms.

Don't underestimate the value of being able to walk to school either, I am so glad we don't have to do cars or buses etc.

Molly

Ivydale has hugely improved (a few years ago it was in the bottom 100 in the country). If you live in that part of Nunhead, you are not very likely to get into St Anthony's School but you have a good chance with St Francesca Cabrini School (good with outstanding features on its recent Ofsted report)on Forest Hill Rd as St Thomas the Apostle on Evelina Rd is the main feeder parish. Many children go to SFC from Nunhead, from the area near St Silus church, people either walk (about 15 minutes) or take the P12 that stops outside the school.