BCG?

Belle

Is there a standard time when babies are supposed to get this, as with MMR? I know we told the HV who visited us when the wee one was a few days old noted down that we wanted one and said something about a waiting list but since then I've heard nothing and just got blank looks when I asked during his other vaccines - not sure who runs it. how long have others waited?

i think it depends what borough you live in.

Southwark tend to vaccinate at around 9 months, Lewisham within a few weeks of birth and Lambeth somewhere inbetween (well that is the experience of me and my friends when we had our babies..

The HV fills in the form at her first visit then hands it in to a bigger clinic and the appts come from them..

I am at Dulwich Medical Centre and had it done at Townley Road when my little boy was 9 months old. You probably got blank looks at theother injections because they are done by the practice nurses.

If you need to travel to an at risk area before the vaccine is given then you can call the health visitors and they should be able to bump you up the list..

Hope this helps

You'll probably receive a letter when your little one is about 7 months old. It'll have an appointment for when (s)he is 8 or 9 months old and a phone number in case you need to reschedule. And as the previous post mentions it's not necessarily done at your medical centre. I can pm you the phone number that was on my letter if you want to call them to ask. Not 100% sure if I still have it but let me know if you're interested and I'll look for it.

Oh that's great - thanks both of you - he's 7 months so I expect I'll hear soon, don't worry about the number Cirtrovie. If I don't hear in the next month or two I'll call the HV. Hadn't quite clicked it was done separately to the Health Centre system.