Use of essential oils during labour

I found some bottles of clary sage, roman chamomile and rose oils which I got when I was pregnant four years ago. I think they are all meant to be used during childbirth but not sure how or why! I am doing some googling but getting slightly conflicting information. If anyone has any clue whether they are helpful (or not) please let me know

Clary sage can bring on labour, as can jasmine - good jasmine oil is very expensive but lovely.

Don't use til 38 weeks plus, run a bath then once taps are off add 4-6 drops of each to the water so oil floats on surface.

Can also be mixed with a carrier oil and used for massage - lower back is good - did this during labour and it was lovely, but again you can try it to bring labour on.

I also burnt jasmine oil in a burner during labour & can't smell it without being transported back to both my births (good memories).

Not sure about other oils but Angela Flanders is a good supplier & very knowledgable. Based in Columbia Rd, where the flower market is. Maybe phone her for advice?

Molly

X