Where can I get foam for a window seat?

Ole

I need to make a cushion for our window seat and I was wondering if it is possible to buy some foam locally which I can then cut to size? If there is nowhere locally, does anybody know of anywhere else in London? Many thanks!

Can't remember the name of the online company, but we used boat grade foam - essentially the stuff used to line bunk beds etc in boats. It was reasonable price wise, nice and firm and fire resistant. They cut the pieces to size which was great as our bay window was not straight. I'll try and find the link.

Aha, it was the foam shop:

http://www.thefoamshop.co.uk/category/15/BOAT-MATTRESS--SEATING

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for the recommendation re the foam. We are going to make small window seats and use the online site - what does anyone recommend re covers for those. For such a small job (and these are v small window seats - it seems a bit ott to get from angel upholstery although I do agree they are fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Ive made a few window style seats for our house myself. I can?t use a sewing machine.

I have very successfully used beautiful H&M tablecloths to cover many occasional seats. I use a piece of ply or mdf or thin easy to cut to size wood. Pop on the foam, flip over and staple gun in place. Happy to send you photos and answer any questions if you want to give me your email adresss. Your forum email account is full and not mailable btw.

• 4 weeks later...