We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.aardvarksweeps.co.uk

www.fabbeautelondon.com

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageSunken Trampoline
Posted by prdarling 28 May, 2012 13:34

Does anyone have a sunken trampoline in their garden and if so please could you give me contact details of who fitted it for you?

There was one in a rented house i stayed in the other week and it was brilliant, would love to check out how much it might cost me

Thanks PRD

messageRe: Sunken Trampoline
Posted by Saffron 30 May, 2012 16:03

I thought these looked cool, but we couldn't have one at the moment b/c we're in a rubbish rental property. [sunkentrampolines.co.uk] I think the decking option looks nice, if/when we buy our own place. Would also love to hear anyone's experience with these.

Posted by EDmummy 31 May, 2012 08:35

I played on one of these a lot when I was a kid (in my friend's garden). I've seen plenty of broken arms, legs! In my opinion, the above ground ones with a safety net are much, much safer because when the child mis-bounces sideways they fall into the next instead of the hard ground around the side of the trampoline. Worth having a second thought about.

Posted by Saffron 31 May, 2012 10:48

Well that IS food for thought! Perhaps these are best for only small trampolines, so kids can't make too high a bounce on them? Plus you could have fitted crash mats around the trampoline over the decking, I suppose. Good point about the importance of netting on large trampolines, EDmummy. Hmmm, on second thought, maybe a nice wood burning hot tube instead of a trampoline?

Posted by dulwichgirl2 03 June, 2012 21:53

Edmummy, agreed. That was my immediate reaction too. I can imagine some very nasty jolts right through the leg by landing at the side of the sunken area, even on grass.

Posted by popeye123 September 08, 01:13PM

Saffron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought these looked cool, but we couldn't have
> one at the moment b/c we're in a rubbish rental
> property. [ingroundtrampolines.org.uk]
I think the decking option looks nice, if/when we
> buy our own place. Would also love to hear
> anyone's experience with these.

-------

In ground trampolines are fantastic as the risk of falling is so much less. Of course, the kids could take a fall if there is no net, but the risks are that little bit less, when you're level with the ground.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum