Some advice needed on jogging pushchairs.

Hello all

I hope some of you running people out there can help me.

My husband is an avid runner and he would like to be able to bring our little girl along with him to give me a little me time.

I have been looking at various reviews on websites but really have no idea which pushchairs are good for running which is where I am hoping you can give me some advice. I am also thinking I could use this pushchair for traveling so hoping there a running pushchair out there that folds down in one piece quite small. As our every day push chair is an iCandy which is no good for flying.

Anyone got any advice or anyone selling a second hand buggy that's good For running.

Cheers for any advice anyone can give.

Yep, agree with David; we've got the new version of the Nipper and it's awesome. The adjustable handles are great; think the manufacturors took on board a lot of peoples' comments about the original version (handles, storage, option for more upright seat etc).

Not sure how far your husband runs, i researched this loads a couple of years ago. The only pushchair made for running is the baby jogger 2, it's really good for running / beach / woods etc was designed by a marathon runner!

V light and folds flat too.

Im in Kent now otherwise would say your welcome to try mine out!

We also have the new version of the Out n About Nipper Sport and love it. It handles really well, is light, the suspension is great and I can run with it one-handed. We live in Forest Hill where it's pretty hilly and the handbrake is really handy going downhill.

I wouldn't rate it for travel though. Sure it's light, folds flat and the wheels are all quick release but it is long so has a massive turning circle. I think you would struggle to get around on public transport/narrow streets/crowded places/shops without bumping into things/people. I think you will get this with any jogging stroller with a fixed wheel though so you are probably going to have to compromise somewhere; either by getting a three wheeler with a swivel wheel that can be fixed and is suitable for running or by getting a, dare I say it, third stroller for travel as well.

We have a jogging buggy that you can fix the wheel on. I've jogged with it a few times although I'm no runner, and it was great. It's an Expedition Baby Jogger, it was ?99 and it's a pretty good buggy. Fits on the bus, folds flat, easy to take wheels off etc. Fits into out Golf car fine too. The rain cover is rubbish though.

http://www.vinsani.com/baby-strollers/expedition-baby-buggy-pram-pushchair-3-wheeler-cobblestone-jogger-with-foot-muff.html

We picked a used Mountain Buggy Terrain (there are numerous Mountain Buggy models, this is the only true running model) off the EDF late last year and love it. My husband is a distance runner and found it lightweight and sturdy and it collapses pretty easy when not being used. I've used it myself in Peckham Rye park and hubby gets strange looks from the other Mums whilst running in Dulwich Park, but doesn't care. Great exercise and our 16-month old loves riding in it. Good rain cover for the baby as well if you get caught out.

• 7 years later...