Fab Decorator/Handyman in the area

CAROANTY

Just wanted to recommend following Decorators and general bril handyman services Minns and Langton, who are locally based and have been absolute stars in fully redecorating our new house, as well as doing building work, making shelving units and fixing things around the house. Its really hard to know who to go for/trust but I was recommended to Nick and his team by a pal, and wanted to return favour by recommending them on as they've been such a help and we've actually liked having them in the house too!

Nick is on 07866267581, and based in W Dulwich, think they have a website too

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Nick and Minns and Langton. They did a great job in decorating the exterior of our house, plus carried out all sorts of other jobs for us too, including unblocking a drain, and making a cupboard unit for our daughter's bedroom. Immaculate work, and a pleasure to have around!

• 2 weeks later...
I agree. I live on my own and was a bit nervous about having someone I didn't know in my flat but minns and Langton were recommended to me and they turned out to be great- they were really efficient and reliable when helping me do my kitchen- I would use them again definitely

• 4 weeks later...
We used Nick after reading glowing references on EDF and agree, he and his team are top quality with great attention to detail and very respectful of our house and space. Would also recommend. Plus they fixed a number of things around the home - uneven floorboards, roofing on our shed, and leaking shower head while they were here, all very handy.

• 5 months later...

When I asked Nick where I could leave a testimonial for his great work he suggested this forum so I'd like to say what a lovely chap he is and what a great job they did for us.

Highly recommended

Nick sorted out a problem that emerged during the job - as these things do (no fault of his) - with great aplomb and style. He didn't run away as some tradesmen might. He handled it all very well and finished the job on time. Fantastic work

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Another recommendation for Nick and his team from Minns and Langton - the perfectly housetrained decorators: friendly and helpful but didn't spend hours chatting; got on with the job in super quick time, made a special effort to fit us in in order to get our house ready in time for an Open Day, made their own tea...we were so impressed at how efficient and unobtrusive they were. We'd definitely use them again and recommend them to others.

Nick and his team did an excellent job on repairing damage caused to ceiling, walls and flooring in my flat by a water leak from the flat above. Good communication throughout and caused minimum bother. Finished job was great. Highly recommended!

• 1 month later...
I feel I have to update my rec of yesterday - pretty much as I was writing it, the heavens opened and my flat was flooded due to a blocked drain outside the kitchen. Unluckily for him but very luckily for me, Nick Minns was working in the kitchen, spotted water pouring down the hallway, climbed out of the kitchen window and unblocked the drain - the flooding inside would have been much worse if he had not been there. More to the point, he started to clear away the water and even rang round to see if he could hire a carpet cleaner (before spotting mine in a cupboard) I was at work and could do nothing, meanwhile Nick stayed and did what he could to clear as much water out as possible, probably saving my carpets. Not many people would have helped to that extent - he was still there when I got home at 6, and amazingly was still smiling too! Thanks a million Nick!

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to second the recommendations for Nick and his team, who did a great job painting a bedroom and some furniture, going the extra mile to ensure things were done to perfection. Nice guys, clean, tidy and respectful of our belongings. The work was done on time and hassle free. Would user them again!

I would also be very happy to recommend Nick - he spent the day with us on Friday fitting a gate into a fence (did a great job), cut out and installed a catflap into our kitchen door and fitted a shower screen. He also helped my girlfriend decide on what colour to paint our bedroom, which is perhaps the greatest service of all as otherwise I'd still be looking at samples on the wall! Thoroughly pleasant chap and very easy to deal with. Will be using him again I'm sure...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yes, agree about Nick: he brings the right tools and glues and recommends the right paints, and his assistant was a very careful painter and decorator. He has done numerous small jobs for me and has recently decorated a bedroom to a high standard. Tends to be busy, but not so busy he's never available.

• 1 month later...
Also happy to recommend Nick at Minns & Langton. A very personable chap with a courteous and dedicated team who worked hard to re-decorate our very shabby stairwell and hall. They also embraced the challenges of some tricky wall papering to the stairs and we are delighted with the result.

Would also like to recommend Nick at Minns and Langton... Came round to quuote for some bedroom painting, ending up fitting new bathroom, fixing fence and fixing some damp issues. Felt very comfortable leaving my keys with Nick and his team, which was very convenient for when i was at work. Nick was very helpful and great to have around, even when i was being unreasaonble in my demands. Was very happy with the whole job and would use again without hesitation.

• 1 month later...
Along with everyone else on this thread found Nick a really personable guy and he has done a great job on some general handyman work for us. We used him to plumb in a dishwasher, put up tricky light fittings and a load of annoying tasks like fixing in curtain rails and picture/ mirror hangings etc. Would absolutely recommend him and use him again. Also very child friendly and happy enough to have a slightly infatuated 1 year old follow him round as he worked.

We have used nick and his team as well. Very high standard of work completed quickly and efficiently at a competitive price. We had insulation on the loft, new garden fence and a lean to built....very very happy with the work. A pleasure to do business with.

• 2 weeks later...
Very happy to recommend Nick and his team, who have completed a number of different jobs for us to a very high standard over the last few weeks. A recommendation not just based on the quality of the work, but on how easy they were to have around. Always punctual, polite and incredibly respectful, on top of being really diligent and tidy. Will definitely get them back whenever there's anything else to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Usually I wouldn't bother logging onto a forum to be negative about anyone but as I rely on this forum so much I feel compelled to update the thread on Nick at Minns & Langton.

Having read so many glowing reports on ED Forum I contacted Nick in Dec 2014 as I had a few handyman jobs in my bathroom.

The bad stuff:

* having to call numerous time to go over the same list of jobs before he could give me a date for the work.

* him randomly turning up on a different day than agreed (luckily I was home)

* waiting until 7.30pm to tell me I needed to be there the following morning as they weren't finished yet (hard to contact my boss at 7.30pm)

* not turning up until 10am the following morning as he already had plans and would be 'letting someone down' if he cancelled

* putting a hole in my wall when removing the bath panel - he did fill it and let me know about the damage

* no silicone around the bath tub and new bath panel so it wasn't waterproof and we couldn?t shower

* filling a scratch in my bath tub with the wrong filler so it came off within a few days

* damaging a few tiles when removing bath panel and not telling me (even denying it was him who did the damage)

* not getting through the entire list of jobs ? not even close

The good stuff:

* I have a new bath panel albeit without silicone

* I have a new shower screen (with silicone!)

* I have new silicone around the top of the bath

* he finally agreed to replace the tiles (his time for free) if I could find some tiles which matched

I've spent the last few weekends finishing the DIY in my bathroom myself.

All in all I had a horrible experience with Nick and his team. He told me a few times how he let other people down to prioritise coming back to finish the work at my place. I really didn't feel like a priority from the outset and in the end didn't arrange for him to come back for a third time to fix the tiles as even booking time with him was such a long process which I found frustrating. I appreciate this was before Christmas and a really busy time for him but it was just a mess from start to finish and the only reason I persevered was because I read such great reviews about his work on this forum.

I wish I'd had the type of service many others seem to have on this forum but it's important I leave this feedback to create a balanced view for others to consider their options when hiring a handyman.