Forum Sponsors

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

All Round Renovation

Glazer Delmar

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Fab Decorator/Handyman in the area
Posted by southsidesally 17 March, 2015 21:48

Having read this forum thread I decided to ask Nick to take care of a few DIY jobs that I needed handling last week. I could't have been more impressed. What I had thought was a small issue with damage relating to a leak turned out to be a much larger problem. Nick took of it immediately, working skilfully and carefully to assess the damage and take necessary action. His fee was also very reasonable.

Not only does Nick strike me as knowledgable and skilled, he is also a thoroughly courteous and professional chap. I recommend him highly and am already planning to book him for further work.

Posted by rstott 01 May, 2015 16:34

I would strongly recommend Nick Minns (07866 267581) - recently asked him to do a couple of days' worth of work including woodworking a new counter top, decorating and a host of small handyman tasks. All done with professionalism, calm, and at a very reasonable day rate. V pleased with outcome. Also, a very nice guy.

Posted by RMD 01 November, 2015 15:38

Nick and his team have just finished an insurance job in my flat and I'm really delighted with his work. Not only that but he's easy to deal with, knowledgeable, helpful and his prices are reasonable too (his was the second best of 5 quotes but I was impressesed with his professionalism and chose him over the best quote). I would thoroughly recommend him and fully intend to use his services again.

Posted by medina 17 November, 2015 16:01

Great job yet again by the charming Minns and Langton. Can't recommend Nick and his guys highly enough. His attention to detail is amazing in comparison to the slap it on decorators I've had in the past. The house looks and feels brand new. Thanks Nick. Here's his number if you need a good decorator 07866 267581

Posted by Katherine73 31 January, 2016 22:04

I'm happy to add positively to this thread and recommend Nick Minns of Minns and Langton. He's professional, dedicated to doing a great job, trustworthy and professional.

Posted by slimsurf 14 March, 2016 21:08

Hi

A long awaited further recommendation for Nick -- he took on a job that was going wrong from another builder. He actually came to our rescue at a difficult time and I think he put himself out quite significantly realising we were stuck with a non functional bathroom in a two bed flat. I really wish we had used him from day one his original quote was cheaper than the amount we paid out in the end having had one tradesman (a friend of a friend!!) let us down. interestingly his colleague Vampire a lovely chap was so unobtrusive working in the flat compared to the original guy. it was a pleasure to have him there and you could tell that he had such a good eye and work ethic.

Basically my impression is that Nick is one of the good guy's any minor snags he put right immediately and frankly it was a huge relief to be speaking to someone who was honest open and transparent.

More than happy to reply to PM's - I believe good people need support on the forum. Nicks number is in the thread so won't repeat it.

incidentally on the same note another recommendation for wayne who has done a lot of painting for us (so much so the kids have done a thank you card.--- 07931531057

Posted by schokoschnecke 29 April, 2016 10:58

Another recommendation for Nick - he re-decorated our damp-damaged hallway with speed, efficiency and great attention to detail. A true professional. It looks brand new.

Posted by slimsurf 15 May, 2016 15:19

Hi

a second recommendation for Nick --- long story but we are away and our flat is tenanted - the tenant had problems with the lock and we needed someone we could trust to change the locks which meant Nick contacting foxtons(devil's incarnate I know !) to get access etc etc. he really came to our rescue and negotiated everything including a burglar alarm that went off , police who became interested and foxton's who were hard to contact and all for what I consider a fair and reasonable charge.

Posted by Claref 09 June, 2016 10:20

Very happy to recommend Nick and his skilled team. We just had 4 sets of shelves built in alcoves and painted. The spaces were very tricky and they have done a perfect job, seamlessly blending them in with the existing framework. They were great to have in the house - considerate, tidy, professional and friendly. I would not hesitate to use them again. Even though it was raining they managed to do most of the cutting outside to save us from the dust, which I was very grateful for.

Posted by SARAHYOUNGER 09 June, 2016 20:32

Another recommendation for Nick. He's just completed work for me on a house in Brixton, great guy with great guys working for him. Good communicator and very professional. They did a load of joinery, removed a wall and some repairs and decorations. Cant recommend him highly enough.
His mbl is 07866 267581

Posted by edcam 11 June, 2016 19:02

Great that Nick gets such good reviews here but our experience hasn't been so positive. If someone is good, it's worth waiting for them to be free but repeatedly not turning up without even a message to let you know isn't great form. If you're too busy to take a job on, then it's only polite to say so.

Posted by broaders 18 June, 2016 15:56

Another recommendation for Nick's company. Ask for Kuba if Nick is busy - he has done two jobs for me now, extremely happy with both. Top bloke too! Kuba - 07502254041

Posted by SarahL1979 01 July, 2016 19:17

I really can't praise Nick and Kuba highly enough. They were great at contacting me before the work was done and the work itself was excellent! They did a huge range of jobs and all of them were finished to a high standard. Would definitely ask them to come back again. They are both really lovely as well!!

Posted by eoboe 03 October, 2016 11:41

Just adding my recommendation of Nick at Mins and Langton. He was reliable and hard working and very easy to have around. He did a days work of odd jobs and I had found it really difficult to get anyone to do it as it was such a small job. Nick did a really good job and have no hesitation in recommending him.
Emma

Posted by the_edventure 26 October, 2016 14:14

Hi

Just wanted to add to all the other positive comments. Nick has been super efficient, helpful, pro-active, reasonable and intelligent all throughout the flat refurb. Even from a distance, I have been able to 100% trust him on-site. I have no problem AT ALL in recommending him to others in the area.

Thanks Nick
Ed

Posted by east dulwich fan 23 January, 2017 20:44

Hi everyone,

I'd like to very highly recommend Nick Minns (07866 267581) for decorating/related jobs. Him and his team recently redecorated the exterior (including conservatory, which needed work on wood damage) of my 2-bed house in East Dulwich and did a fantastic job. They also did the interior conservatory. Nick is very very helpful, honest and I would rely on his opinion regarding getting jobs done. As per the other posts, I can't praise him highly enough for being so approachable and thoughtful. Feel free to message me directly or via the EDF if you need any further information!!

Posted by Tara 30 January, 2017 09:27

I want to add to the recommendations for Nick Minns and his team, including Kuba and Lesh. They have just finished painting the exterior of our house, laying a new garden path and putting up a new fence. Nick and the team were great, they were very flexible and came up with good solutions for what we could do within our tight budget. The end result looks great and I would happily recommend them to others.
Tara

Posted by niksterboots 18 March, 2017 19:56

Thanks to Kuba for coming to do some pre-house sale decorating. Great service at short notice - hugely appreciated as always. I can definitely recommend the team.

Posted by annachorls 24 June, 2017 10:22

I would also like to highly recommend Nick and his team they were excellent. They have done an high quality job in renovating my flat, attention to detail is second to none. They are extremely reliable, trustworthy and reasonable. I would have no hesitation in using them again.

The job consisted of plastering, painting, fitting skirting boards, fixing shelves, sealant. The list goes on. It was so great to have one person coordinate all of this and no job was too big or small.

Nick

Posted by the_edventure 02 May, 2018 14:47

I would second all these recommendations for Nick & Minns Langton. Recent works at my flat we the second time I've used them and I am pleased as punch. Everything was friendly, realistic, reliable and professional. Definitely recommended!

Posted by JJP May 25, 08:37AM

Another shout out for Nick.

Iíve used Nick twice over the past 6 months for some work following these recommendations -work include fixing a window, some plumbing, electrics, painting and general odd jobs. I really couldnít recommend Nick enough -all the work was done to a very high standard (in a few cases it was fixing poor work done by others....), he and his team were extremely reliable and friendly (Iím on my own with two small kids and felt very safe with them in the house and they were lovely to my kids) and his rates were very reasonable. Nothing was a problem and he was generally a dream to deal with. Highly recommended.

Posted by georgi_bw July 10, 07:53PM

Will totally ďsecondĒ the reviews of Nick, he was very professional from initial phone call to completion of the job. He spent a day fixing various things around our flat, including some pretty big plastering jobs. He made sure he didnít take short cuts to just get the job done but to do it properly. Would definitely have him back for any further jobs we need doing. Very reasonable, professional and a nice guy too. He even fixed a couple of extra things we hadnít noticed!! ‭+44 7866 267581‬

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum