electrician& plumber for refurb job needed

Ellie78

We're buying a small 1 bedroom flat - looking for an electrician & plumber to quote us on the work that needs to be done on it.

Work to commence Feb/March time, as soon as the sale goes through.

Can anyone recommend reliable and good value plumbers/electrians? really appreciated!

You might be interested in my listing on the Thames Water Approved Plumbers website under Southwark and also on the website of the Chartered Institute of Plumbers and Heating Engineers www.ciphe.org.uk. On their homepage click on 'Find a Plumber' and put your postcode in. I will probably come up among others, though I live in SE5. You can also find tradespersons on a 'Builders Award Scheme' compiled by Southwark Trading Standards. This can be found on Southwark Councils website. They do CRB checks and take up several references before putting people on this list.

• 5 weeks later...

Attention to forum users***

User jj111 is an electrician who has been recommending himself.

jj11 is JP

Proof is in the attached post below.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?6,997501,997501#msg-997501

Be warned.

Tradesmen who are pretending to be legitimate honest members of this forum going under many different alias' to recommend themselves should be ashamed of themselves.

Hi we has the same jobs needing doing,

We used DM building services and Garvey plumbing, they took care of all the plumbing for us and our new boiler as they were corgi registered. Also bear the other quotations we got!

Our contact is Danny 07830178104

The electrician we used was my father in law who's semi retired and done it as a favour so can't help there, sorry!! :)