Recommendation for personal butcher/fishmonger

JMT

I had seen a post here advertising a meat and fish delivery service by Markymarket. I wanted some good quality, well priced fish for a dinner party and he sourced it for me. It was lovely and I think I have recommended him for it. However, it was only on Saturday that I realised the true worth of this guy. It was getting late, I had nothing for dinner and really didn't was to traipse out into the snow to buy something, si I called up Markymarket on the off chance that he had something left over. He offered me a corn fed chicken or some steak burgers, both from Smithfield market. Being slightly put off by the thought of burgers at the moment, I plumbed for the chicken. He delivered it in less than half an hour. It was delicious.

This guy should go far. I wish him the best of luck.

Hi all,

There was some great offers at the market thismorning. Pork belly at ?7.00/kg. Gloucester old spot.

Wesh lamb cutlets at ?10/kg. Topside beef ?11/kg. Hereford ribeye steak ?18/kg.

Also good, pork tenderloins, lamb shanks,lots of rabbit, pheasant, pigeon and duck. Large pork chops ?1.50 each.

Quail, guinea fowl, legs of lamb.

At billingsgate crabs starting at ?5 each, dress crab at ?4 each. Whole lobster, ssrdines, skate wings.

Fresh prawns and mussells at ?5/kg. All v v fresh. Brilliant smoked fish, haddock,kippers,cod,herring

Fresh scallops ?2 each

Hi all,

I have a few spare pieces of meat/fish...all bought today from smithfield and billingsgate.

2 large duck breasts ?7. 1kg of glouscester old spot pork belly?9.00. Hereford ribeye steaks?18/kg.

1kg of king prawns?14 and one live (well, she now...!) Medium crab ?6.00.

Txt or Pm and I can deliver today/tomo.

Guy@markymarket 07741106009

Hi julia,

Thankyou for your enquiry. We do have a website with a few prices for both meat and fish....

Www.markymarket.com

Regarding your query...

All fish is obviously v fresh. Shell fish is especially good as is the flat fish. Wonderful live crab,plus dressed crab,crab claws orwrrc echite crab meat. Lobsters,scallops either in shells or dried packed prepped (around 40 for ?28. ) all types of prawn per kg king or tiger etc ?18/24/kg.

Mussells or clams ?5.5/10.50/kg. Salt cod, live eels. Lots of salmon,wild or farmed. - smoked, whole or side fillets. Fab smoked fish stall, kippers, herring haddock, eel, cod etc . Brilliant tuna (sushi standard) Cod small or large filletsaround ?9.55/kg skate wings,whole plaice

And sometimes fillets of dover sole. Cornish sardines cost pence rather than ???'s jelled eels,whelks, snails etc.... and carp

There is an exotics fishv stall for red snapper or catfish etc....American hard shell clams,monkfish razors and lots of squid...various sizes

We are roughly 30% cheaper than any supermarket and supply a far superior product. And deliver asap from market.

Meat. Is also great chicken fab value, lamb is a fav- legs ,cutlets, shanks, as is beef, steaksand fore rib are especially popular.

Plus any offel, oxtail etc....

For weekend orders we go To market 3am Friday and buy the best available and deliver anytime Friday or saturday.

All payments after delivery.

Cheers Guy 07741106009

Hi all,

Smithfield are selling hereford forerib of beef at ?14.50/kg this weekend.

Its truely fab meat...looks impressive and tastes even better..

2ribs ideal for a family roast, great tossed on salad leaves with a thymeand mustard dressing.... But can buy 3/4/5 ribs

Guy07741106009