looking for plumber recommendations

stardust

Hi Stardust

I had the guys above around for a quote. They came when expected, gave an estimate on the day and from first impressions, the advice given, the price and on the previous recommendations from the EDF, that seem to have disappeared now, I am booking them in. They were absolutely lovely. They are insured too, which not all companies on here are.

Give them a call.

• 2 months later...

I chose Garvey Plumbing to fit a new radiator and move an existing one after reading the recommendations, however I am sorry to say that my overall experience with them has been VERY disappointing.

Lee himself was polite and punctual when he came to provide a quote, which was competitive, but from then on experienced the following array of problems:

1) They were due to arrive at 0830 but didn?t show up until 1130. After a couple of hours they were gone again and did not return until just after 5pm when I had chased with several calls.

2) Lee had said the work should take one day. The new radiator could not be fitted due to the fact it was damaged but they did not even finish moving the existing one that day.

3) They came back next day when I was not there to finish moving the existing radiator, but they did not finish at all and seemingly achieved very little. When I returned from work I heard a hissing noise coming from the spare room ? the radiator valve had been left open. I checked other rooms and found the valve in another room was also open and water flowing out onto the carpet which was already completely soaked and is now stained.

4) There were several scratches on our dining room table. This could have been the decorators or the plumbers, but the latter were the ones with heavy tools and moving very heavy radiators that could cause such scratches in wood?jury?s out on this one.

5) When they came back to fix the new radiator they snapped a piece of the shelf in the boiler cupboard and left a black mark (immovable with cloth and thus needing touch up paint) on our newly decorated living room wall.

6) Throughout their various visits they seemed to want to get the job done in a rush and move on as quickly as possible.

Lee himself was apologetic for the first array of errors, and we came to agreement on how to compensate that. When Lee came round to do the bulk of the remaining work himself he was again punctual, efficient and helpful. Unfortunately I haven?t heard back from him since reporting the problems resulting from the final visit, perhaps something to do with the fact he had already been paid?

Based on other reports it would seem I was unlucky to experience so many problems whilst undertaking a relatively simple job. However, that bad luck was simply due to the carelessness and incompetency of Lee?s staff. If you do employ Garvey Plumbing I?d recommend you ask for Lee to do the work. I certainly won?t be using them again.

Hi there Steve. The guy in question is no longer with us. I agree his work was well below par and I can not apologise enough for his questionable work. I agree with you that the job did take longer than initially quoted. However as you rightly stated this was due to the radiator ARRIVING DAMAGED.

I did come to an agreement with you on the vent being left open and I can hand on heart say that the scratch on the table was absolutely nothing to do with me or any of my guys.

However regarding the the timber panel you are referring to, please call me to discuss. I am sure something can be done.

Regards

Lee Garvey