Sushi Delivery

fionabona

Fujiyama in Brixton used to deliver to East Dulwich (at least to the North Cross Road area) - they do sushi but no idea what it's like, have only had their noodle dishes.

And haven't used them lately so no idea if they still deliver here, sorry.

If you search your postcode on the hungryhouse website (google search) you can tick the cuisine your after, there are currently 4 restaurants delivering sushi to within our postcode. I was recently after Japanese takeaway, its trial and error, make sure you read reviews before you make your mind up but they are out there. You can order direct through the website too, we never order via telephone anymore when we takeout. We had Japanese from Edo in Crystal Palace delivered, were at the Forest Hill end of Dulwich so may not be an option if your at the Camberwell end but it was really nice although haven't tried there Sushi.

Love Edo's sushi, can use Just-Eat to order which is a very easy way of doing it, there is a charge for delivery to ED though. Tried Fujiyama for sushi delivery once and was really underwhelmed, it was a bit of a mess by the time it arrived.

Do wish someone would open up a sushi place nearer though, and I miss the Moxon's sushi lady.

Mrs Nicklin Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We use Fujiyama in Brixton all the time to deliver

> to us on Upland Road. There is now a ?3 surcharge

> which needs to be paid in cash to the delivery

> person, but they've never refused to come!

>

xxxxxxx

Are you absolutely sure about that?

A year or so back we had a Fujiyama delivery person claim there was a delivery charge to be paid to him, which at that time at least was definitely not true provided the order was above a certain value - I can't remember what.

We paid it - it was what he would have got as a tip if he hadn't lied - but weren't happy about the lie.

I've tried EDO sushi, it was good (not the best of London for sure but fine and fresh). Also reliable home delivery.

They are located in Crystal Palace, and if you live less than 1,3 miles from them, delivery is free of charge (from 15? of buying)

So if you live in West Dulwich/Dulwich village, as we are, it might be free of home delivery charge(if not it's 3?)

Fujiyama is great, I also got charged an extra ?3 on Sunday as we were over 3 miles, apparently it has always been their policy but I have never been charged it in six years of using them. I would still use them though as not aware anywhere else that delivers.

We stopped using Fujiyama when the portion sizes of the noodle dishes suddenly became very much smaller than they used to be.

You used to get a container filled to the brim with yummy things, then suddenly it was scarcely half full.

The first time we thought it was a one-off, but sadly not.

I have used Fujiyama and also another one in Elephant and Castle with dissapointing results for the cost, service and food received.

Deliverance in Herne Hill seems to be the best overall, however sometimes actually run out of Sushi!

I'm certain an enterprising person would clean up if they were to offer reasonable quality Sushi in the area...