The Patch & William Rose

nonold

Big thanks to Dave @ William Rose for all his amazing support... on so many levels!!! A special mention of his development of a local meat supply chain, which will help us stay true to our community ethos!!

Chillaxed Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Maybe not pedantic, but tiresome.

>

> By the way, does being a new arrival disqualify me

> from being an ED person? Is there a cut-off date

> I can refer to?

It's a local shop for local people......

It?s not that unusual to ask someone who is making a big deal about creating a local, community based enterprise if they have links to the local community. I imagine he?s asking the guys if at least they already live here or was it just a case of spot the opportunity to start up a project.

What is the aim of having a locally supplied meat source by the way? Besides being local (which doesn?t mean very much) what specific provisions / requirements will be put in place to ensure quality / reduced environmental impact / good treatment of livestock (assuming these are your aims)?

Hello all,

Yes, I have lived here for more than 15 years. Sourcing meat as locally as possible is basic common sense. From an environmental point of view, we feel it is better to buy, lets say chicken from an organic farm in Kent 15 miles away, then it is to buy from a farm in, let's say, Leicestershire.. lower carbon footprint, easier to visit the farm to ensure good treatment and quality. However, the overriding aim is still to provide the highest quality product as possible, so we will obviously be flexible.

Cheers,

Nonold