Inspire us with suggestions for places to eat...

Ellie78

...I know, another one of these... But we're all out of ideas.

We want somewhere decent to go for a late lunch with our 9 month old tomorrow, but everything is feeling a bit same-old. Any suggestions welcome for somewhere in ED, Peckham, Camberwell...even further afield

We like...

Ganapati

Tandoori nights

Swadesh

Indian Mischief

Angels and Gypsies

Thai Corner Cafe

Meze Mangal (Lewisham)

Hisar

PLease help us discover a new, old favourite.

Lunch scuppered through ear infection of 9mo - boooo!

Thanks everyone! assumed begging bowl not child friendly - but good to know if it is (highchairs etc?)

We walked past FM Mangal today - definitely going to give it a shot. Heard good things about the Silk Road too....

Babur I haven't heard of - we will check it out one day.

Good to know there are so many options. Hurray!

Cafe East, Surrey Quays. Kingsland Road quality Vietnamese. Buzzy. Easy parking, or get there by the Overground, heaps of high chairs. You may have to wait for a table but the turnover is quick.

No beer, no tap water and cash only are the negatives.

We went to the Begging Bowl a couple of weekends ago for lunch with our nearly 3 yr old and 9 month old. It's a bit of a squeeze getting the buggy in and the tables are all very close together but they do have a couple of high chairs and there are quite a few families there at lunch time. Plus the staff are very child friendly.

antantant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Cafe East, Surrey Quays. Kingsland Road quality

> Vietnamese. Buzzy. Easy parking, or get there by

> the Overground, heaps of high chairs. You may

> have to wait for a table but the turnover is

> quick.

>

> No beer, no tap water and cash only are the

> negatives.

Is that for real antantant? No tap water? Isn't that illegal? (PS - I posted a few mins ago about my use of ant killer - nothing personal you understand...)

ETA - sorry for going a bit off topic, very much appreciate all the suggestions here

I'm not sure what it says about me but it's the not selling beer at Cafe East that annoys me the most!

But yes, I think you're right, the no alcohol license means they don't have to give water away, which is a shame.

We had Sunday lunch at the Gantry in Brockley this weekend too - and that was really nice, with a great garden for Summer.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The lack of tap water really annoys me at cafe

> east - they refuse to give it to you, even if

> you're also buying soft drinks. But I think free

> tap water is a only a legal requirement for

> restaurants with an alcohol license.