Rec. for Gary Vu electrician

citylover

I wasn?t going to do a rec. for Gary because he has so many already, but then I felt I should because I suppose you can never have too many, and he did a really good job. So, he?s so efficient, I had an annoying hotchpotch of jobs that needed sorting out- light fittings that my handyman couldn?t work out, a new ventilation fan in the bathroom, a bit of rewiring in a new extension and Gary just went through them one by one without pause, puum, puum, puum! and they were all done. Then I asked him to sort out my electric shower because the water just didn?t get hot; he explained the cable used in my one wasn?t sufficient to heat up the water enough in our freezing winter so I needed a new one that would accommodate a larger cable. The last thing I wanted to do was spend hours pouring over bathroom catalogues trying to work out which one was suitable for me (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!) so Gary said he?d select one for me. Fantastic! I asked him to just get me the most economical possible and he found one for ?110, and got it delivered the very next day, when he installed it! And it works really well! So, I think he?s great, great at his job and his rates are very fair. Plus he explains what he?s doing really clearly, which I like, rather than leaving you in the dark thinking ?Why?s he doing that? What I am paying for?? Everything is crystal clear. Plus, he does extra little bits, just to be nice, like noticing you're missing a switch and saying "do you want me to pop one in there, I've got one in my bag". I had another ED electrician before who was good, but just did exactly the job, nothing more, so I think Gary's better! Very nice bloke.

I used Gary too, having got his name off the forum. He was really reliable - said what time he would be here, and he was, bang on time, which doesn't often happen. He is a very nice bloke, explained what he was doing, and showed me how to safely remove a bulb that had broken off in a light fitting myself next time it happened. It's a pleasure dealing with someone so straightforward and helpful. I would happily use him again next time I need an electrician.