Forum Sponsors

https://www.tutorfront.com
xxxx
www.inshutters.co.uk

www.lilasjewels.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
messageRecommendation - Painter/decorator/plasterer, etc
Posted by tyrrell_squirrel 07 May, 2013 14:41

I am pleased to recommend Carl Ferri Mobile: 07930 316291 - who I chose from previous recommendations on this site (of which there are numerous).

A great decorator (providing an excellent finish) - the work he did at our home included plastering, skimming, painting and some minor carpentry. All done to a high standard at a reasonable price.

In addition he is very personable - and even very tidy! He was also helpful at finding other tradesman to do some additional work (electrician/plumper, etc)

I would recommended Carl for stress free, honest and efficient decorating.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit was 2013:05:07:21:08:08 by tyrrell_squirrel.

messageRe: Recommendation - Painter/decorator/plasterer, etc
Posted by cf123 11 May, 2013 08:23

Thankyou kindly for recommending me!
I can also be contacted at info@cferri.co.uk
www.cferri.co.uk

Posted by Morri 31 August, 2013 10:14

I would like to recommend Carl Ferri as well. He re-painted the outside of our house and cleaned up and painted our outside steps. He did a brilliant job, worked very hard and is a lovely guy! I would definitely get him to do more work for us.
Morri

Posted by dstr82012 31 August, 2013 15:46

There is only one handyman for me on this world to do every little job
His name is Gary
He is good , reliable , honest, cheap and easy going
His number is

Kind regards
Dan

Posted by cf123 02 September, 2013 15:16

Thank you Morri for your kind post
Regards
Carl

Posted by Tim88 04 November, 2013 09:39

I'd likewise recommend Carl Ferri. He has just redecorated a bedroom for me. He turned up punctually when he said he would, was a clean and tidy worker, and - most importantly - the quality of his work was excellent. He also arranged a carpenter to sort out some woodwork that needed doing. Again, the quality of the work was high.

I left him the key to my flat while I went away on holiday for a week, and I returned to find everything completed and the flat in good order.

Highly recommended.

Tim

Posted by cf123 11 January, 2014 08:08

Thank you Tim. A belated happy New Year to all my customers
Carl

Posted by NeilG 24 March, 2014 17:27

Another recommendation for Carl, who with Paul recently wallpapered my hallway and painted a bedroom. The work was done to a high standard and I was particularly impressed with the wallpapering, a great job done in what is not the easiest space to work!

The work was completed on time and Carl kept me up to date on progress and timing throughout. Carl is friendly and personable and was quick to offer helpful advice and answer other decorating queries I had. It was a pleasure to have him do the work for me and I would heartily recommend him to anyone in need of a painter/decorator.

Posted by NickW81 16 April, 2014 17:50

I would also like to recommend Carl who recently decorated most of the inside of our house and did an excellent job.

The work was completed on time and to a high standard, with Carl even doing odd bits of DIY here and there for free as well. Carl is also a genuinely nice bloke and completely trustworthy.

I recommended Carl to my parents and would happily recommend him to anyone else as well.

Posted by richfish 18 September, 2014 19:47

Another recommendation for Carl who has just completed painting my sitting room and kitchen. He has done another great job to an excellent standard and very promptly. Amazingly tidy and very flexible as my timetable kept shifting due to the nightmare of a new IKEA kitchen being installed. Definitely recommend him.

Posted by icam 23 October, 2014 16:00

Carl refurbed the exterior and interior of a five-storey house for us. Our neighbours were so impressed he is now doing the same for them. Very pleased with the work and he'll be doing the same for us (I hope) each time it needs re-doing.

Posted by GeoffR 29 October, 2014 11:29

I found Carl after seeing the recommendations on this site and was not disappointed. His work painting my hallway was excellent and I would happily recommend him to others.

Posted by planlondon 17 November, 2014 14:23

I used Carl recently after recommendations on EDF. He and his mate Paul were excellent! Tidy, on-time (flexible as we're not early risers) and a very good finish.
Happy to recommend them to anyone.

Posted by dimjim79 16 February, 2015 09:20

We would highly recommend carl. Carl did extensive internal and external decoration work for us and we have been delighted with the work. One of the biggest factors for us is communication due to our working demands and carl was spot on. Contact me directly if you want to see his work! Thanks.

Posted by Satu 11 September, 2015 11:25

Hi
I am trying to find a decorator to do some work at my flat including plaster work. I saw the recommendation you put up along with others. Can you give me some more information about the work Carl did for you as sometimes it is difficult to trust the recommendations on this site.
thanks
N

Posted by Tim88 28 September, 2015 09:43

Carl has just completed his second lot of work for me - stripping walls and ceilings, then re-papering and re-painting them, and painting wooden doors and window frames. Just like two years ago, he worked cleanly and considerately, and the quality of the work was excellent. No hesitation at all about recommending him to others.

Tim

Posted by sparklehorse 05 December, 2015 11:28

Another recommendation for Carl Ferri. He and his colleague Paul have just finished decorating two rooms for me (ceilings, walls plus lots of woodwork - window frames, doors, fireplace surround, shelves etc). Carl has been great to work with, very reliable, punctual, efficient, tidy, really helpful with advice on materials and the standard of workmanship has been excellent throughout. Also prompt and clear communication, very personable and patient with my decision making! I have no hesitation in recommending him to others, and thank you to others on the forum who recommended him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2015:12:05:11:29:56 by sparklehorse.

Posted by JAYNEWADSWORTH 06 January, 2016 21:37

Carl recently decorated the exterior of our 3 storey building and did a great job with no fuss. Would highly recommend him for any building or redecoration work.

Posted by tw7 20 January, 2016 12:47

I cannot recommend Carl Ferri, and his colleague Paul, highly enough. We wanted a complete redecoration of a large flat with very high ceilings (12ft), including work on various period features, removing and filling in an internal window, hiding cables, etc.

They are knowledgeable, experienced and skilled, and achieved a very high standard of finish. We kept adding bits to the job and they were very patient with our questions and requests, listened, offered great advice and insights, and were very accommodating and flexible. They did some weekend work to accommodate our additional requests.

They were always punctual, finished to deadline and cleaned up every day. Not least of all they are really good guys, friendly, trustworthy and were great with communication throughout, always keeping us in the loop. We always felt we were in good hands with them, and despite this level of service and delivery their quote was very competitive.

Carl Ferri Mobile: 07930 316291

Posted by Rofenstein 23 February, 2016 18:40

Another recommendation for Carl Ferri. We just had the inside of our flat painted by Carl, he did an excellent high quality job.He also left the place tidier than any workman I've experienced!

Posted by AnouskaTamony 24 February, 2016 18:33

I run a boutique interior design studio and recently met with Graeme from Trim Decorating after he got in touch with me online to discuss the refurbishment of our own home in East Dulwich.

After obtaining a couple of local quotes my partner and I have chosen to use my regular West London based builders, mainly because they're able to cover the full scope of works involved in our refurbishment (i.e. parquet flooring and tiling as well as painting and wallpapering), but I was really impressed by the professionalism of the chaps at Trim Decorating and wished to mention them on here as they're Herne Hill based and have a super local portfolio for painting and decorating work.

AT

Posted by GreenGem 09 March, 2016 18:56

Carl recently painted the hallway of our house top to bottom. He was quick and tidy and did a great job. Plus, he's s genuinely nice bloke. Would highly recommend him!

Posted by Broconnell 14 March, 2016 17:22

I'd like to add our recommendation for Carl as well.

He decorated our hall, stairs and landing - lining paper and painting of walls, ceilings and woodwork. The work is excellent, was finished on time and he was really tidy!

Andy

Posted by Jimmyp75 20 April, 2016 21:04

I'd also like to recommend Carl. He's just completed a good amount of decorating at our flat and was completed on time to a very high standard. Carl is extremely tidy and leaves everything clean and organised at the end of each day.

Posted by cooperach 25 May, 2016 13:59

Delighted to add another huge recommendation for Carl and his colleague Paul. They redecorated 4 rooms in our house to a very high standard. This involved painting walls, woodwork, some wallpapering and also repairing and replastering some quite large cracks. They worked hard, were delightful to have around the house and were extremely clean and tidy. All 4 rooms look amazing - I will certainly be using Carl again and have no hesitation in recommending him to others.

Posted by alyson_s 01 August, 2016 22:46

Echoing what others have said! Carl and Paul recently repainted our lounge, stairs, hallway, bathroom and all of our interior doors. They did a fab job, were very friendly, reliable, punctual and hardworking, and left the rooms clean and tidy at the end of each day. Communication was fantastic, we always knew where we stood, how long the job was going to take and how much it would cost (they stuck to their original quote exactly, no nasty surprise hidden costs!). We got several quotes from local painters before we booked them, and they were the most competitive.

Great standard of work, we've received so many compliments on the decorating...and it was so much nicer to hand it over to professionals rather than slogging over it ourselves! Carl also gave us some really helpful advice about paints, and was considerate of the fact that I'm 5 months pregnant by using acrylic rather than oil-based paint for our woodwork, to keep fumes to a minimum. He also let me know when the dustiest days would be, so that I could stay out of the way and not breathe it all in!

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I really appreciated it towards the end of the job when Carl actively encouraged me to check their work and point out any small issues I wanted touched up. I struggled to find any, but it was nice to be asked smiling smiley

Would definitely book Carl again next time we have a big decorating job. Highly recommended!

Posted by cf123 03 January, 2017 12:11

Happy new year to all of my customers and once again a huge thank you for your kind recommendations!
Carl Ferri

Posted by JH Plaster 03 January, 2017 18:15

Hi not sure if you have found someone but I work closely with Dave Franklin, Berdec decorators who only works in dulwicy and has a great reputation on here.

He can be contacted on 07956688622 and he will be happy to discuss any works you want carried out.
Stacey hart

Posted by worldwiser 16 February, 2017 22:42

Delighted to also recommend Carl and Paul. Lovely chaps who did an extremely thorough job for us. We particularly noted how respectful they were of our home and how tidily they worked. Many thanks indeed.

Posted by Broconnell 03 October, 2017 14:25

Very happy to add a recommendation for Carl Ferri (07930316291).

Having previously used Carl for some interior work we had no hesitation in asking him to paint the exterior of our house. Carl and Paul did a great job, we are very happy with their work again. They are reliable and very tidy and considerate while working at the house, Carl was also felxible enabling us to arrange start dates around holidays and the weather, keeping us informed all the time.

Andy

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum