Recommendation for new No FLIES estate agency

jarnac

I would really like to recommend No Flies estate agents to anyone who is thinking of selling a property in East Dulwich, Camberwell, Peckham, Nunhead areas. Having seen another recommendation thread on this forum I contacted them for further details and invited them to our property. My husband said you are mad as we know nothing about them. True. But having met them both - Brendan and Tony - I couldn't be happier with our decision to place our property on the market with them. They are both very experienced in both law and estate agency - they are have the right attitude in dealing with people and I like their business ethics - see website.

They prepared a fabulous brochure with no mistakes and have generated a lot of interest in our property. I also like the way that we get feedback the same day or next day after viewings which keeps us in the picture - not left wondering. It doesn't worry me that they don't have an office as having bought my last 2 properties through Rightmove I only go into an estate agents for the key pick up.

Best of all I am lucky enough to have this superior service and not pay any commission when they sell the property. On completion we will keep all the money. I think they still have some limited 0% spots available and then they will do a flat fee which will still be great value in comparison with other agents who quoted us.

Having run various businesses for the last 20 years I am very picky and have very high standards in business but NO Flies have surpassed my expectations which is unusual.

I have no association with this company at all. Until 2 weeks ago I hadn't met Brendan and Tony but now we are on the market with them I am very happy as we have two highly professional and charming men selling our biggest asset. I am very sure in the coming months you will be reading good things about No Flies all the time on this forum

but if you are thinking of selling today I would seriously consider giving them a call and making your own mind up.

Thank you East Dulwich forum - as usual - for putting me in touch with a great business.

I take it they're following this forum?

If so, can they please confirm whether or not the 0% offer is regarding the commission, and how long you're going to continue this for? Are such spots reservable if I want to list later in the summer?

Cheers,

R.

Thank you very much jarnac. We are so pleased you are happy with the service and took the leap of faith to contact us.

Smallblue - yes the 0% is a zero per cent. fee - so we sell your property for free. The 0% is an introductory offer as we are a new agency and we appreciate that we have to incentivise people to give us a go - although I hope the testimonials we have received on a couple of posts on here demonstrate that you are taking zero risk in instructing us. We have three 0% slots left and unfortunately they are available on a first come first served basis and cannot be reserved. However, we can guarantee to beat the local high street agencies' fees even after the 0% is fully taken up so please do contact us again if you do decide to market your property.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Smallblue - Since writing my recommendation for No Flies we have now agreed a sale. Brendan gave excellent unbiased advice all the way through and unusually for an estate agent kept us fully informed at all times. In buying and selling 15 properties over the years this is by far the best estate agent I have ever dealt with - they have taken estate agency to another level and deserve to do well.

• 1 month later...

Writing an update on No Flies since we exchanged last week. We were only on the market with them for 2 weeks - previously we were on with 2 leading local estate agents for nearly a year! I think part of No Flies success was the way that they tailored their marketing towards our property - they focused on the brilliant transport links of our property in order to attract professionals and it worked.

We then went from offer to exchange in 5 WEEKS. I can say hand on heart that during this period I didn't once have to email or phone my lawyer or No Flies. I did nothing but sign the papers - it was stress free and the easiest sale ever.

Brendan at No Flies did it all for both sides - he kept everyone in touch along the way and kept everything moving. Without him being on the case and chasing everyone it wouldn't have happened so quickly. This is how estate agency should be but never is!

My only criticism of No Flies is that they have totally spoilt me when it comes to using an estate agent. As I am now leaving the area I won't get the chance to use them again. I will now have to revert to the normal level of service but if you are in the local area and looking to sell definitely get them out - they should be charging double the price of other agents not as they are a lot cheaper! Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

Would also like to add to the recommendations for No-Flies. Our flat is currently under offer and we've been extremely impressed with the service provided.

We had read the feedback about No-Flies on the forum so asked them and two other larger estate agents to value our flat. Brendan and Tony came around and were very knowlegeable, professional and genuinely nice guys. They valued it at the same amount as the other two agencies and obviously knew the local market so we decided to go with them.

On Brendan's advice we decided to hold an open day and to market the flat online on Rightmove, Zoopla and their own site for a week beforehand. We used the the tips on their blog to prepare the flat, had 15 viewings on the Saturday and 4 offers on the Monday. It then went to best and final offers and we accepted an offer over asking price on the Tuesday. At all steps along the way Brendan has been available either by phone or email, offering advice and keeping us informed as things progress along.

As jarnac says in one of the posts above they really have spoilt us as we've had a quite different experience during our search for a new house with other agencies - not being called back, wrong information being provided, etc.

No-Flies have been an absolute pleasure to deal with and really deserve all the success that will come their way. We shall definitely be using them again in the future should we need to.

PK

Hi, I'd like to add another recommendation for No Flies. I had Brendan come round to value my property the other day and he was very likeable and also very thorough, giving me lots of comparable evidence to show his valuation was realistic (unlike many high street estate agents). I'm not quite ready to sell up, but when I do No Flies will be my first point of call!

• 5 months later...

Just an update on our sale through No Flies. We are finally due to complete next week - as you can see from my post above we have had our place under offer for quite a while. This was due to a combination of us being in a chain, some freeholder queries and some slow solicitors on both sides. Throughout this time Brendan has been brilliant, tirelessly chasing up the solicitors and keeping us regularly informed. As we were one of the lucky ones who took advantage of their introductory 0% commission offer, we've at times felt a bit bad for Brendan because of amount of work he's had to do to keep things on track with no monetary reward at the end of it.

We highly recommend No Flies for anyone looking for an estate agent in the area.

PK

• 3 years later...
Hi. I used No Flies after reading this post when searching for a good local estate agent in Peckham. I wanted to follow up to say Brendan and Tony did a fantastic job selling our home. They were hugely responsive, honest and really got to know us and the details of the flat. We chose them after an unsuccessful attempt using Foxtons who wasted out time by drastically over valuing our flat and therefore getting very few viewings and zero offers. No Flies priced the flat fairly but competitively and we sold for a price we were happy with. Our chain was complicated due to the circumstances of others in it but No Flies stayed on the ball and we managed to complete just a week after exchanging - we were keen to move quickly but this surpassed our expectations! They do everything themselves: they don't outsource viewings to someone clueless and it's always them personally on the end of the phone or email. They were brilliant value and great people to deal with. Highly recommend and so wanted to reassure others who were curious about these posts and recommendations from a few years back that the good service continues. It can be nervewracking choosing a small firm that isn't a big name but we found it really paid off.

We used No Flies in 2017 to sell our flat which was only on the market a week or so. If you want an estate agent that has integrity, is knowledgeable and realistic with valuations and is pleasant to deal with even when things (inevitably) get a bit fraught then I would start here.