Skills Swap Success

altessefitness

6 weeks ago I put a skills swap ad up to give a certified driving instructor the opportunity to exchange 10 driving lessons for 10 personal training sessions. I was glad that Nick from Nicholas Driving Academy took up the offer to exchange services. Nicholas Driving Academy has been based in East Dulwich since 1981, I was sure I would be in the right hands. Nick has a calm, laid back personality which has worked perfectly for me as I have not had lessons for almost 4 years. I have been growing in confidence as the lessons go by, with Nick pitching the sessions just right. He is a very knowledgeable and experienced instructor.

Nick's personal training sessions with me have been going really well. Nick has a football background having played a good level 11 years ago. He plays badminton on the weekends. I have been working with Nick on acquiring the right nutrition to suit his work & lifestyle to enable him to attain his health & fitness goals. We have been working on Nick's cardiovascular fitness, his agility and flexibility in particular to enable him to compete effectively at badminton. Nick has had back problems and so we have looked at correcting postural issues that have been enhancing the problem.

This experience has been a great learning point for me, having to almost begin driving from scratch, needing Nick to guide me step by step and exhibit the patience I need to excel. I am used to being on the other side having to exercise patience and care, especially for those having to make a complete lifestyle change from being inactive with poor nutrition, to being active and making the right nutritional choices.

I would most definitely recommend Nick to anyone looking to start driving lessons or looking for an instructor for a friend/family member. You can contact Nick on the details below:

Nicholasdrivingacademy.co.uk

[email protected]

Just to say, thank you Altesse, I'm so glad I took you up on that skill swap. It has been 15 years since my last game of competitive football and all I play is badminton but that's not enough to keep me in shape, never mind my chocolate addiction. I must say that getting back to the gym with Altesse has been better than I expected as I suffer with back problems, but having someone understanding and who knows my limitations is fantastic and although he pushes me hard I know that under his watchful eye I won't cause myself an injury.

As a professional driving instructor who knows his stuff it's a pleasure to work with someone like him and I would thoroughly recommend him to anyone who,like myself wants to get fit and in shape.

He also has a very relaxed/cool studio in East Dulwich with various equipment.

His mobile number is 07886 176893.

For driving lessons would definitely recommend Nick. Have been working with him for the past year (work full time as a teacher so took longer!) and passed my test first time yesterday. Good, professional service and I would highly recommend him.

• 4 weeks later...
We've both had 8 sessions now, Altesse doing driving lessons and myself doing fitness lessons. The last two sessions were tough and demanding. Altesse and I both share a footballing background, the difference is he's a bit younger than me! As a personal trainer and as a motivator, I can't recommend Altesse enough. Although he's in the early stages of learning to drive, all seems to be going well and in due course he will definitely pass his test with ease. We will keep you all posted on both of our progress.

• 1 year later...

I should have posted this 2 weeks ago! Been too busy on the road! Great feeling to have passed my driving test 1st attempt, only 4 minors. Thanks to Nick! I took a lot of time away from driving lessons with work and family commitments, gave myself a short time to practice for my test, just wanted to get this done. Nick was great getting me test ready and keeping me reassured. Top man Nick. Driving has definitely improved the quality of my work/life. I have more energy for the family when I get home. Awesome!

Anyone looking for a driving instructor contact Nick 07956221706. web: drivinglessonsdulwich.tel

• 2 weeks later...
Another Nicholas Driving school success. Me and my wife both came back from our holidays last year keen to get started with learning to drive. Nick was able to fit us in early and give us all the support and advice that we needed. We both have just passed so wanted to say a big thanks! Certainly recommend!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found Nick on this forum under driving tutors.So glad I did I just passed today @Westwickham test centre.Thanks to Nicholas.Find him on drivinglessonsdulwich.tel and his recommendations go back a long way

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I would also recommend Nicholas for refresher lessons. I had not driven for ten years and having found his details on the EDF have now had 4 lessons with him including a motorway lesson. He has a very calm and relaxed style, and after the last lesson practising parking in my own car I now feel far, far more confident to drive on my own around London.

• 3 weeks later...

Just passed first time with Nick. I found Nick on the forum a few months ago and has really helped me improve my driving skills and get me to the point where I was very confident going into my test.

Nick has a great knowledge of the East Dulwich area, so each lesson is tailored to your needs. As well as being very calm and relaxed, he's also really flexible (which is great if you're trying to work at the same time).

I would definitely recommend using Nick if you're looking for an instructor in the area.

Cheers

George

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I can also recommend Nick for refresher lessons. I had been a nervous driver with only a couple of years experience under my belt when I stopped driving for just over five years ago. Nick was calm and chatted just enough to take my mind off my nervousness but kept me focussed. We had about 5 lessons and then a motorway lesson. I have just come back from a trip down to Somerset and drove all over the county with total confidence. Couldn't have done it without Nick's help. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
I had a series of refresher lessons from Nick. Having not driven for years and with no previous experience driving in the UK let alone in a busy city I was worried that I would have had to learn to drive from scratch. Nick quickly rebuilt my confidence and within a few lessons I was able to drive around my local area and further afield. Nick is an extremely chatty and parient instructor who helped me to eliminate any feelings of anxiety thanks to his very positive and encouraging attitude. With years of experience he is extremely knowledgeable about the area which is advantageous when learning to navigate around East Dulwich. Being new to the area myself it also means that I walk away with a list of shops and restaurants to try out as well. Thanks very much, Nick!

• 3 weeks later...
I passed my driving test first time earlier this week after taking lessons with Nick. I'm due to have a baby in two months and it was really important to me that I learn to drive before the baby is born, so I'm really grateful to Nick for getting me up to scratch in time and for all his patience in our lessons! I started as a very nervous driver but Nick managed to keep me calm and make me feel comfortable on the road - he's incredibly calm, friendly and relaxed.. after a pretty bad experience trying to learn to drive about six years ago, this really made a difference. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an instructor!

• 2 months later...
I have just completed four refresher lessons with nick and would highly recommend him. I hadn't driven in over ten years and needed to get my confidence back. Nick was very positive and helpful and by lesson four I was on the motorway and feeling comfortable behind the wheel again. Great experience, thanks nick.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...