Colin - Local handyman.

colin d.

Hi all. My name is Colin. I have 25 years experience in the handyman business. Unfortunately I have lost all my recommendations but have many happy clients on this site. I can put my hand to jobs such as painting. Patios. Decking. Fencing. Tiling. Laminate flooring and more. My number is 07754691541. My email address is [email protected] trading address is 21 Vivian square. Scylla road. Just off Peckham Rye. Thanks for reading. Colin the handyman.

I recommended Colin on another post. I have used him over the years for many jobs, big (he saved my bacon when my bathroom ceiling was flooded, arranging other workman to help as well) and small,(putting up blinds and trellis.) He is lovely to have around, trustworthy and his quotes are good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Colin has done lots of work for me over the years since I've been in East Dulwich and he's been great. He's very reasonably priced, does a great job and always arrives when he promises to. I would thoroughly recommend Colin for any job. He's also a nice bloke:) Ed

• 1 month later...
I can also recommend Colin. He's done many different jobs for me over the last few weeks - painting, fixing my fence, hanging picture etc - and everything has been great. He's a lovely guy and reliable. He prices are reasonable.

• 4 weeks later...
Colin is great!!!! Over the years he has done many jobs in my flat including painting, carpentry and fitting roof insulation. If he can't do the job himself he always knows a man who can! He is very friendly and trustworthy and produces quality work at an excellent price. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the area.

• 1 month later...

Colin worked over the Bank Holiday weekend to put up some shelves, repair and paint some warderobe doors and fix a small plumbing issue. Very pleased with his work and was a pleasure to deal with.

craigyboy71 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Colin is great!!!! Over the years he has done many

> jobs in my flat including painting, carpentry and

> fitting roof insulation. If he can't do the job

> himself he always knows a man who can! He is very

> friendly and trustworthy and produces quality work

> at an excellent price. I would highly recommend

> him to anyone in the area.

• 3 weeks later...
Very happy to recommend Colin too. He has done several jobs for us over the years too - most notably repairing a broken fence which turned into a bit of a nightmare job. But he plugged away at it and refused to charge any extra. Very honest and hardworking, definitely give him a call!

• 2 months later...
Just wanted to add our recommendation too. Colin recently fitted a cat flap for us and took care of everything efficiently. He sourced the wood, cut it to size, painted it and swapped out a really tricky glass panel in the door it was going into. Throughout he was friendly, patient and helpful. Super value too! During the process the glass (which had been fitted too tightly) got broken. Colin cleared everything up, sourced and replaced the glass (again cut to size) at no cost and has offered to refit the glass when we move out (we're tenants) for free. We'll definitely use him again for any odd jobs we have.

My mum's asked me to log on and add her recommendation for Colin (she's not on EDF). She's over in Brixton and had used him a few times and always says how great he is. Since he was recommended to her by a friend a couple of years ago she's called him when she needed him to do things like putting up a stair rail, putting up hooks, putting together furniture and sorting out other odd jobs around her house. She says he's always totally reliable, honest and fair, does a great job, doesn't make any fuss about fiddly little jobs and is a really nice guy.

• 3 weeks later...
Another recommendation for Colin-he has reassmebled a wardrobe for us. We asked for a Friday morning early slot and he kindly obliged and was on the doorstep promptly at 0800hrs ..offered a very resonable price and once again did a fantastic job.

• 1 month later...
I am happy to recommend Colin for any jobs you need doing in the house or garden. Colin fixed a garden fence that had blown down in the recent high winds and mended a side gate for us. All very reasonably priced and a good neat job.

• 4 weeks later...
This is the most unreliable man. He has mucked us about no end and has left us in a pickle meaning that we can't now have our work done before our open day. He shows no remorse and his excuse for mucking us about so much was 'I don't fancy it today'. I would never ever ask this man to do anything again. Absolutely fuming

We've used Colin on numerous occassions - he laid patio down in our front and back garden; and he's also done a number of decorating jobs on a couple of flats that we rent out. he is good value, incredibly nice and (most important of all!) very reliable! Definitely reccomend

carterjennifer00 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is the most unreliable man. He has mucked us

> about no end and has left us in a pickle meaning

> that we can't now have our work done before our

> open day. He shows no remorse and his excuse for

> mucking us about so much was 'I don't fancy it

> today'. I would never ever ask this man to do

> anything again. Absolutely fuming

Sorry but I'm calling BS on this post. Sounds like you were the one expecting him to be at your beck and call, and can't understand that his life and schedule don't revolve around you.

Colin was round on Saturday morning for me, was super flexible time wise and got all the jobs done in no time at all.

So another thumbs up for Colin. I'll definitely be using him again in the near future and can't recommend him highly enough. 99% positive reviews can't be wrong......

No actually, wrong again. He moved his time and days around three times and I actually accommodated him by coming back to my property before going to the airport which was never my original plan, to only find a couple of hours before he was due he said he didn't fancy coming..

So enough with the BS comments, I'm just saying what happened. I thought he was good because of all of the comments but was left in a mess before going on holiday. Not good.