Forum Sponsors

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

https://www.gokayfitness.com/3-months-body-transformation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
messageRe: Offered local handyman.
Posted by scotlass 16 July, 2015 14:46

Another thumbs up for Colin. We have used him numerous times over the years for painting and smaller odd jobs. We have always been extremely happy with his work and his prices are very reasonable. He's always gone out of his way to complete jobs quickly and he's never let us down. Couldn't recommend him more highly!

Posted by Jo14 29 August, 2015 10:35

I used Collin for the first time yesterday and couldn't be more pleased. He came to look at the many small jobs I had when he said he would, and spent about half an hour here patiently listing them all and answering my questions. He had a calm, can do approach to everything and arranged to come back in two days. He came when he said he would and worked really hard , and at a good pace throughout, over five hours. All were small jobs like fixing broken cupboards, dismantling furniture, hanging pictures, putting up shelves. He worked really hard the whole time and didn't mind at all when I added more jobs I hadn't mentioned or changed my mind about things as he was working. He was a really nice bloke. I am thrilled to have all these jobs done, and at a very reasonable rate. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again and recommend him highly. Thank you Collin!

Posted by craigyboy71 16 November, 2015 13:17

Colin is an absolute Godsend... over many years now he has done a number of jobs for me, both large and small. His decorating skills are great, but he has also done more straightforward things such as putting up curtain poles and fixing brickwork. He is a local friendly chap and his charges are reasonable. Thanks Colin!

Posted by shoshntosh 17 November, 2015 23:03

Okay so does anyone have Colin's actual e-mail address as the one in the IP does not seem to work? THANKS!

Posted by adsyb99 18 November, 2015 09:41

cdatthehorses@hotmail.com

This one should work. I've always found it easier to get him on phone or text though as not sure he checks his email during the day.

Posted by weoley84 12 January, 2016 10:58

Recently had Colin complete various painting/tiling/carpentry/plastering jobs around the house. His work was excellent (especially the tiling) and i found him to be a very trustworthy/hardworking and nice bloke whose prices are very reasonable. Would highly recommend for all the handyman jobs you never get around to getting done!

His number is 07754691541, email cdatthehorses@hotmail.com

Cheers
Alec

Posted by Peckhampam 21 March, 2016 18:21

Just used Colin to pressure wash and stain my decking and then to clean the paving +restoring a bit of garden furniture. As usual prompt, cheerful, reasonable cost and job well done.

Posted by JosieP 21 May, 2016 16:40

We've used Colin loads and I couldn't recommend him higher. Reliable, reasonable and such a good guy.

messageRe: Offered local handyman.attachment
Posted by witagh 23 May, 2016 18:25

We've used Colin for years now, and he's just done another great job for us (photo attached). He knocked through a wall between our bedroom and study, decorated the bedroom, and hung the curtain poles and mirror. He's a lovely, reliable, and trustworthy guy and I wholeheartedly recommend him. We love our new bedroom Colin - thanks very much!!

Attachments: image.jpg (585.2KB)  
Posted by sarahf 12 July, 2016 10:16

I also wanted to post a glowing recommendation for Colin who assembled our son's new bunk bed on Saturday. I found him during a handyman search on the EDF and felt that the recommendations for his services seemed the most consistent. I can see why. This is a genuine job for Colin (rather something he juggles with other things) so he prioritises his clients. We found him to be efficient, cheerful and professional. He's coming back next week to hang some pictures for us.

Posted by Peckhampam 21 August, 2016 07:00

Once again, Colin came round promptly and fixed a wall for me (that some other workman had messed up). He is up for any jobs, big or small and has never disappointed.

Posted by witagh 19 October, 2016 20:40

Colin has recently done another great job for us. Revamped and painted our tired looking front door, and porch area. Reliable, cheerful and good value, as always. Thanks Colin!

Posted by Patels11 22 October, 2016 09:58

Colin has worked for me for over 3 years doing a range of jobs including tiling, painting, garden landscaping, fencing, replacing broken window glass and brick masonry.

he is lovely, always on time, good rates and extremely efficient.

i have recommended to neighbours who feel the same about his professionalism.

Definitely couldn't run my home without him!

Posted by ollynash 07 November, 2016 12:42

I can highly recommend Colin Deery for handyman work. I found his number on this forum and he re-felted my shed room, tiled an area in front of my fire and fitted some alcove shelves.The quality of workmanship is excellent and Colin just cracks on with it and thus completed the work in very good time. He's a really nice bloke too!
Colin Handyman: 07754 691541 : )

Posted by FrancoRomana 04 December, 2016 14:51

Found Colin via this forum. We are new to the area and so have lots of odd jobs and decorating to do in our house.
Working with Colin was a pleasure, as not only does he do a good job, but if he has to do a couple of extra things in addition to the original quote, he does them without quibble. Tradesmen I've worked with before can refuse to paint an extra corner of a room or bang an extra couple of nails in if it wasn't what they agreed to in the first place.
Very flexible, personable guy. He painted our lounge walls, ceiling and skirting boards and put up a couple of shelves for us.

Posted by intexasatthe moment 05 December, 2016 12:23

The lovely Colin has just finished a small job for me .Came round at short notice and figured out a way to do something that had defeated other lesser mortals .

I've not found all the recommendations on this forum live up to the hype - but Colin does .Great guy .

Posted by Herner 12 January, 2017 20:06

Another mention for Colin - helped us with some handyman jobs including hanging pictures and a difficult mirror. A nice guy who gets the job done to a high standard with minimal fuss - highly recommended.

Posted by EHN 21 March, 2017 11:50

Colin has just done another excellent job....as usual very amendable for last minute 'add ons' and always a fair price

Posted by EHN 21 March, 2017 11:51

**sorry my error..ended up doing a duplicate post to the one above(anyway he comes recommended)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was 2017:03:21:11:55:46 by EHN.

Posted by LadyBird1977 21 March, 2017 13:45

Yet another glowing recommendation for Colin! After being turned down by other handymen and a few extortionate quotes, Colin came and started work on the front of our house. He repaired the coving around the door, painted the door, step and bay window. He fixed the wall and honestly the house looks so great! He did a really great job and was very supportive throughout, giving me advice on which paint to buy and sometimes even fetching the materials himself.

He also did some work in the garden, fixed the shed, jetwashing, painting the wall.

All of this comes with a smile! Very trustworthy too.

Posted by early_doors 21 March, 2017 15:49

We've called on Colin a couple of times in the last week. He's fixed a gate, put up a picture frame, put together some drawers, put on some roof racks. Very reasonable, prompt and a top bloke.

Posted by MissMooMoo 05 June, 2017 15:51

Hi, Another top recommendation for Colin!

He has recently completed a lot of work in my home, such as tiling, wallpapering, painting walls and ceilings, hanging shelves, you name it. He has done a few rooms in my home now. He is very reasonable, and his work is very good. I'm well impressed! He's also a very nice guy! I will definitely be using him again when very soon.. Oh, I also gave him my house keys everyday, very trustworthy :-)

Posted by TD 05 July, 2017 11:49

Another thumbs up for Colin. Nice bloke too!

Posted by lenoxdb 05 July, 2017 16:54

Hello Collin trying to contact but your email doesn't go through and not whatsapp
I'm outside uk and need help please get in touch
Thanks

Posted by Peckhampam 09 July, 2017 11:22

Three cheers again for Colin. My greenhouse is finally finished

Posted by Peckhamrye 05 August, 2017 18:33

Another recommendation for Colin - he has repainted the walls and ceiling of our very large living/kitchen/dining room. Done an excellent job, advised us on paint, finished when he said he would and the place looks fab! He is also a pleasure to work with, lovely man.

Posted by rogfrancomb 30 October, 2017 23:01

Really happy with the service provided by Colin Deery - I needed a couple of cat flaps fitting pronto, Colin came out on a Sunday morning fitted the flaps as quoted (very reasonable) and did 4 other odd-jobs for hardly any extra. Highly recommend

Posted by witagh 15 November, 2017 21:32

Thank Goodness for Colin! I texted him yesterday about a faulty overflow pipe at a flat that we rent and he was over there this morning to sort it out for us (having picked up the keys from the estate agents en route). Hes great - honest, reliable, good value and lovely with it.

Posted by intexasatthe moment 07 February, 2018 13:43

Colin has just sorted out my wooden bike shed which was much in need of putting back together .Same with our side entrance .

He was quick and resourceful - always able to find a soloution to a problem ( our neighbour doesn't like to have anything touching his property and this makes securing things difficult ) - cheerful and very reasonable .

07754 691541

Posted by Peckhampam 25 March, 2018 20:52

A few years ago Colin put up a large area of decking. Last week he maintained it as usual by cleaning, pressure washing and varnishing it. Prompt and reliable as always and decking looking great. I would always recommend Colin for any jobs that need doing, he has never let me down.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum