Sash windows refurbished

scottale

To anyone wanting to replace or refurbish your sash windows I can more than recommend sundial windows

http://www.sundialps.co.uk

07966 493641

Contact Steve

After visiting the property, going through the restoration process, and providing a very detailed and reasonable quote we knew that we were in good hands.

Simply professional in every department. Steve and his team (Greg and David) stripped back all windows to bare wood, filled, draft proofed, re strung, re glazed, and re painted inside and out, new hardware fitted to.

The house and drive were left spotless after every days work, and they worked long days.

The most impressive detail of all is the commitment to repair all the original windows, rather than replacing. We had to replace a couple of sashes as they were too far gone.

We have been left with a house looking like new, in fact the rest of the house now needs reprinting to do the windows justice..

Simply can't go wrong...

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

We can also recommend Steve and team's work.

They undertook full replacement sashes in 6 windows (which included a 3 window bay). The work was impeccable and the price reasonable.

Highly recommended, great bunch of guys. Wish we had done it sooner! Our house is much less drafts, quieter and most of all with bloody nice new windows if I do say so myself.

Jennie

hi Alice, Steve has just replaced some of our windows and refurbished others.

I think rattlers can probably be saved but we had rattlers and rotters in the front bays. We could have had them refurbished but it would have only extended them till they needed replacement in the very near future. Our living room was extremely draughty. Because they were so far gone, it was only a bit more expensive to have them remade rather than repaired.

We kept the frames and sills as they were ok and Steve's team of two extremely hard working blokes stripped and repainted these. New sashes- exact copies of the originals- in front bay and two non-bay in upstairs front bedroom.

Our back bedroom had a rattler with a lot of draught, and this was taken out, stripped, and whatever else was needed to make it fit properly.

They finished work today, ten days after starting- which was four days shorter than estimate.

Hi Alice, there isn't much difference in replacing / refurb. Refurb involves a lot of work often and the level and time can be the same as replacing. But clearly if your windows are in reasonably good nick (ours were beyond saving) then it is nice to keep them. Our new windows all in were about ?750 per window which is really good value as this includes painting.

Hi Alice - Steve here of Sundial. I'd be happy to come and have a look at your windows and advise you as to the best of action with them.

Thanks you Huggers and arthurcat for posting info for Alice. I'm not sure though that I like our prices being referred to as "good value". I'd much prefer that the good people of Dulwich and surrounding areas consider us - just like Stella Artois - reassuringly expensive! ;o)

• 1 month later...
We've just had our windows refurbed by Sundial and we're really pleased with the results. We were pleased to find someone who could do the whole job, repainting etc, to get it all done instead of dragging on for ages. The guys were very pleasant and the windows look like new. Recommended.

• 1 month later...
Steve and his team at Sundial have just finished refurbishing 5 sash windows for us at our house in Nunhead. We were really pleased with the work from start to finish. Steve was great to deal with, happy to answer all of our questions and kept us up-to-date before and during the work. Steve's team are really skilled and were a pleasure to deal with. The guys also cleaned up really well at the end of each day which we appreciated. We are really pleased with the end result. The windows look amazing, like they are new and the masonry work that we had done is excellent as well. I absolutely recommend using Sundial.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I wanted to add my recommendation of Steve Carter and Sundial. They redid all the front sashes in our Victorian house in Honor Oak last October and they did an amazing job. The windows look great with refurbished surrounds and new sliding sashes with laminated glass for safety. What's even better is that our house is loads warmer! The team who did the work were professional, hardworking and tidied up in an exemplary fashion at the end of each day. The price was excellent value for the level of work that was carried out. I would recommend Steve to anyone!

• 1 month later...
I have just had Steve and his team restore and draught-proof the sash windows in my house in Nunhead after seeing these recommendations. The finished windows look absolutely stunning, the draught proofing has certainly made a difference, and I would definitely recommend Sundial to others. The guys who did the work were polite and accommodating, they worked all day in my garden in the freezing cold, and they were very thorough about finishing the job to a high standard. I'm very happy to recommend them.

• 1 month later...
I had Steve and his team recently renovate 6 sash windows and they did a fantastic job. I didn't want to have to replace the windows that were in disrepair and so to be able to to get Steve to restore the originals back to their former glory was excellent. I left his friendly team to it for a couple of weeks while i was away and came back to beautiful windows and a house that was in the same condition I left it. Great job, highly recommended.

I highly recommend Steve and his team! They recently refurbished 10 windows of mine which looked very dated, ugly and extremely draughty. They now look very smart, brand new, and no more wind in the flat!

Also important, they gave me a good competitive quote, no surprises with the final bill, they finished when they said they would, and they were very tidy and clean during the whole process. They really respected my living space.

Thanks Steve! Very happy with it all.

Hande

• 1 month later...
I would just like to add to these recommendations. Steve and the team have just refurbished all of our sash windows and doors. They now look fantastic, the house is quieter and much less draughty! The team were great: worked hard, tidied up - a pleasure to have around. Thanks so much! Another happy customer!

• 2 months later...

Dear customers - you may not be aware that we can also carry out repairs and re-paint the exterior of your houses as well as the windows. This includes masonry, gables, fascia and soffit boards, Front doors and porches etc.

For existing customers, we'd be happy to give any sash windows we've refurbished for you in the past another top coat to freshen them up FOC - Happy Summer everyone - Steve

• 3 months later...
Just wanted to add to my earlier review above. I contacted Steve recently to look at a couple of window fixtures repairs not related to the previous work done. Steve came over to assess immediately and then returned a few days later to carry out the work. Excellent service and once again I'm extremely satisfied with his window repair service.

• 2 months later...

Adding to the great comments before I wanted to recommend Sundial who have completely refurbished our sash windows. They strip back, carry out repairs, etc and paint - made a huge difference to our cold living room! Also do exterior house painting as well. Contact Steve at www.sundialps.co.uk or 0845 680 0366.

Steve and his team were a pleasure to deal with at all times.

• 3 months later...

Just to let everyone know that we are fitting new wooden slimlite double glazed sashes into newly refurbished, existing frames more and more these days. It's a very effective solution for reducing draughts and rattles, as well as street/car noise.

Give me a call on 07966 493641 for a free demo and quote - regards - Steve Carter - Sundial

• 1 month later...

I would wholeheartedly recommend Steve Carter and his team at Sundial.

Steve and his team recently completed a job involving the refurbishment / replacement of 10 sash windows (three with security double-glazed glass) and exterior repair and painting work at our Victorian property. We had high expectations having read the very positive reviews on this forum and elsewhere, and could not be happier with how the job was done and the end results. The team was super friendly and professional, with excellent attention to detail and respect for our belongings, security and privacy. The windows and masonry look fantastic and it has made a huge difference to the look and comfort of our home. We obtained various quotes before booking Sundial, and think that the price we paid was very reasonable for the high quality of workmanship.

• 2 weeks later...

From time to time we take out perfectly good original windows and replace them with wooden double glazed units.

We currently have a number of these which I'd like to offer free of charge to gardeners and allotments. I'll deliver as I prefer to see them recycled, rather than go into landfill.

Steve - 07966 493 641