Does the sub-?20 blow dry exist?

Hello forum friends. I'm on a hunt for a reasonably priced blow-dry. Hair-do prices have gone crazy in ED, and I just can't believe that the ?20 blow-dry, or better still the less-than-?20 blow dry, doesn't exist. Often the best hairdressers are the less fancy ones, on the less fancy streets, and I wonder if anyone knows of anywhere that could do a really simple blow dry of shoulder-length straight-ish hair.

I'm probably sharing too much now, but I'll tell you why I want to find one. My mum, who's now in her 70s, and lives in Cheshire, has had a blow-dry once a week since she was in her twenties, she pays between ?12-?15 for it, it takes 20-30 minutes and it leaves her feeling on top of the world. It's been her one luxury. I'm 42 with two two tiny children, and I could just do with a boost to the old self-esteem. I'm feeling very dowdy and run-down. If I could have someone wash my hair and blow dry it nicely once a week or once a fortnight, I reckon it would give me a bit of a boost. It just looks crappy when i do it myself. But there's no way I could afford a ?40 blow-dry, as most seem to be.

MAybe someone knows of somewhere in Forest Hill, Sydenham, Peckham, Crystal Palace, the back streets of East Dulwich, or even a local mobile hairdresser? It doesn't have to be at all high fashion or glamorous, because it's such a simple style. Or maybe I'm being totally unrealistic??

Thanks everyone.

Hi there,

I do understand what you mean,

I once had a blow dry for ?40 and thought l could get a decent hair cut for this price.

Try Boki's in Herne Hill, l can't remember the price but it was much cheaper than the one l mentioned

and was done nicely.

enjoy