We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

http://avakitchens.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
messageRe: Recommending Plumber - Billy Hunter heating solutions
Posted by Laddy Muck 01 October, 2017 23:35

I sung the praises of the Hunter brothers/Hunter Heating Solutions about a year ago. Billy recently returned to do some more work and I really cannot recommend him enough. Billy, I KNOW you read the forum...so thank you so much for the work that you do, your humour, your fabulous attitude, and - this time - for going above and beyond (Billy did an extra job which really wasn't within his remit at all). thumbs up

--------------------
And the Reds go marching ON! ON! ON!

Posted by alex_b 04 November, 2017 15:20

Billy just came by to fit three new radiator valves and service our system. Fantastic work and reasonable rates. Billy is absolutely brilliant and everyone should use him.

Posted by Peckhampam 04 November, 2017 17:38

But when I rang, full until February!!!

Posted by anonymous_third_part 30 November, 2017 13:53

Billy is a great heating engineer and plumber. Really impressed with the boiler fitting and service. He kept me informed and sent photos of progress throughout the day and easy to pay via BACS too.

Billy's number - 07986 296453

Happy to provide further feedback if needed.

Posted by monica 01 December, 2017 20:37

Billy is Brilliant, highly recommended.smiling smiley

Posted by Ajb123 19 January, 2018 09:53

Billy replaced our boiler in December and was great. Very helpful, friendly and tidy. Would highly recommend.

Posted by MmeCholet 29 January, 2018 19:58

Both Billy and his brother Scott did excellent work for us. Scott replaced a kitchen tap and Billy services the boiler. Reliable, tidy and reasonable.
Would definitely use them again and recommend!

Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Billy replaced our boiler in December and was
> great. Very helpful, friendly and tidy. Would
> highly recommend.

Posted by AdamH2 31 January, 2018 12:40

Another +1 for recommending Billy and his team.

Had a new boiler fitted in the last few weeks and they did an excellent job. Completely upfront with timings and cost. Tidy, professional and all round nice guys!

Would not hesitate to use them again!

Posted by Katalimaq 06 February, 2018 18:55

Cannot recommend Billy highly enough. We called him on Monday as discovered late on Sunday night that our heating wasn't working (isn't it always the way that it stops on the coldest days?). He arranged to come at 9am and was incredibly prompt - a text message from him at 8:55 to say he would be there in 5 minutes. He fixed our boiler, which turned out to be a relatively simple fix, and then proceeded to complete a service of the boiler, since we needed that done anyway.

Whilst he was servicing the boiler, I was chatting about the issues we were having with the shower upstairs and the water pressure - since we had the shower installed two years ago, we have not been able to run the tap or flush the downstairs toilet whilst the shower is on, as it causes the shower to lose all pressure. I asked if he might be able to quote for the work, and he indicated that we would need to know where the bathroom was isolated from. He went hunting around and found the pipes in the bathroom -- and discovered that the issue had been that the original plumber never fully turned the water to the bathroom back on! He solved a problem that has been plaguing us for almost 2 years in a matter of minutes, because he was interested in solving the problem and thorough in understanding the problem prior to providing a quote. As a result, we have saved a significant amount of money on a pump we didn't need. (We will now be taking the matter up with the original plumbing company...not impressed).

I am ecstatic with the service - it's not everyday someone saves you from spending upwards of £900, and gives you back your heating as well!

Including their Checkatrade website here in case it's helpful: [www.checkatrade.com]

Thank you Billy for your hard work, I am so relieved to be able to shower stress free again!

Posted by headphonauts 01 March, 2018 11:43

Billy just talked me through fixing my boiler over the phone, gratis. What a star.

No thanks to my insurance company who cannot cope and whose phone lines automatically cut me off! Time to cancel that policy.

Posted by village people 07 March, 2018 19:29

Billy also talked me through what our boiler problem could be: even went as far as sending me WhatsApp pictures to help. All for nothing and because he was fully booked. A true gent with old school values!

Posted by village people 10 March, 2018 14:55

Duplicate in error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:03:10:14:58:30 by village people.

Posted by Clarey 07 June, 2018 12:18

Another recommendation for Billy and Hunter Heating Solutions.
Billy replaced our boiler and installed a water softener and radiator.
He's a decent, honest, hard working and reliable guy. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend!

Posted by tricia172 27 June, 2018 17:18

I would like to add to the many favourable reviews for Billy Hunter.
He is well organised, efficient and reliable. My boiler seemed at first to reqauire a simple service, that then needed another hour's attention. Billy worked hard to find the extra fault without complaint or extra charge. Thank you Billy.

Posted by clareg361 06 September, 2018 12:06

Billy fitted a new boiler for us . He kept us informed along the way. Great communications. Would highly recommend. Professional,cheerful, hard working and cleaned up brilliantly afterwards . Very happy !

Posted by cella 29 June, 2019 14:57

Billy installed a new boiler and radiators this week. He was efficient, helpful and courteous over the 3 day installation. A professional and reasonably priced service.

Posted by monica 03 November, 2019 09:06

Billy is great, he's installed my boiler and serviced it. Bill has also undertaken heating installations for my family members. Highly recommended, Sir Billy I salute you.

Posted by hernehilly January 24, 02:09PM

Another recommendation for Billy - had nightmare scenario right before Christmas. Billy gave up his day off to take a look and ended up having to replace boiler which took all day and half the evening, just so we would not be stuck over Christmas without heating and hot water. He could not be nicer to deal with!

Posted by eleni70 February 05, 01:32PM

Thoroughly recommend.

Billy and his team installed all new pipework through our home with new rads just over a year ago, and just before this christmas returned to add in extra rads and some intentionally visible pipework (they really are craftsmen when it comes to copper piping!) to our recently added extension. Billy had to work around us as we are self building and was brilliant at making sure we made good decisions, as he delivered excellent workmanship. Billy, Scott and Aaron were a pleasure to have working within our home as they are polite, and thoroughly respectful of what was a hectic moment in the self build and a whirlwind of family life going on around them.

What ever your Central heating needs - I can't recommend highly enough.

Posted by Roddy April 23, 08:38PM

Recommending Billy as he has just been round to carry out our annual boiler check (required for boiler warranty and advised by Gas Safe despite lockdown). Due to the coronavirus lockdown, he ensured he followed government guidelines. He made sure that he kept to the social distancing rules, kept well back for me to open the door to let him in, he was wearing gloves, a mask and he wiped down all surfaces that he had touched before leaving. I should add that he also installed the new boiler for us last year and we were very happy with the results of that too. Polite, conscientious and tidy.

Posted by rahrahrah April 28, 08:51AM

Another recommendation for Billy Hunter. He diagnosed and fixed our faulty boiler with no fuss. Friendly, efficient and good quality work. Highly recommended.

Posted by Pierre May 01, 02:54PM

Like with Roddy, we contacted Billy to come out to do our annual boiler service. He talked to us beforehand about how he could keep his distance and keep himself and us safe.

Great communications, prompt, tidy, and a good price. I found his details through this forum and I'll definitely be using him again!

Posted by bridod May 04, 11:24PM

Our old boiler finally gave up the ghost and Hunter Heating Solutions (Scott, Billyís brother) have been brilliant. Billy came out a few months ago to look at it and was very honest and straightforward in his advice. When the boiler did give up a few days ago, as we knew it would, we called Billy and Scott came round the next day to fit a new boiler. Really friendly, helpful, tidy and efficient. Clearly know their stuff, are very professional and feel very trustworthy. Weíre very happy.

I know itís a tough time for small businesses right now. Plus itís not always easy to find a gas / boiler engineer recommendation so I wanted to leave a review here.

Posted by helenagoundry1 May 07, 01:47PM

Leaving another great review for Billy Hunter (Heating Solutions). He came out and fixed and replaced a leaking pipe under our sink, as well as an external kitchen pipe at the end of April as well as sorting out a slow draining bathroom sink too!

Billy has previously installed a boiler and radiators for us over the past few years and is always our first person to call in any heating related job. Usually he's really booked up, but they are taking on regular plumbing jobs at the moment in light of the situation.

He ensured we were all kept safe (no mean feat with a curious 2 and 5 year old roaming around)and was as professional as ever, and tidied everything up at the end of the day. Can't recommend Billy enough.

Posted by sarahb22 May 28, 09:55AM

Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again - to anyone who will listen. These guys are the absolute nuts. If only all tradespeople could be like them. They installed a new boiler for us in, I think, December 2016 at very short notice and did a fantastic job (I reviewed them first time back then). Also moved a radiator for us at that time. They have serviced the boiler annually since then and last week, when it conked out, Scott was with us to fix it within a couple of hours of me getting in touch to ask for help! I cannot thank them enough. Professional, punctual, trustworthy. 10/10 from me. Wish they could do all my jobs and not just the heating related ones smiling smiley

Posted by Thunderblue600 June 22, 10:59PM

For the record I take it everyone is referring to:

[www.hunterheatingsolutions.co.uk]

Posted by mikman01 July 02, 08:07PM

We were referred to Billy and Scott via the forum and they've just completed our new boiler installation and new radiators.

We couldn't be happier, they were absolutely fantastic and the job has been completed to outstanding quality. Billy made sure to fit the boiler in line with our new kitchen plans and has even marked out places for the new kitchen fitters, he's also made sure to pipe in line with the wall so it is easier to fit the new kitchen.

The radiators that were replaced were not easy as they all had to be moved and piped up when the previous pipework wasn't completed to a good standard.

Could not recommend these guys enough, everything was tidied away every evening and they were a genuine pleasure to have around.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum