Forum Sponsors

www.mindovermatterboxing.co.uk

www.inshutters.co.uk

Your Local Personal Trainer

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
messageRe: excellent plumber and gas engineer
Posted by Luciespeakman 09 August, 2015 22:50

Fantastic service from McHow Maintenance Services! Phoned them to fix a leaking sink waste pipe, they arrived within 1hour 30 and identified the problem immediately. I cheekily asked if they could re-seal my kitchen sink at the same time (two plumbers had arrived; Dave and colleague) and they both got to work. All fixed, excellent work all round - very pleased.

Posted by Mands123 10 August, 2015 11:05

Dave from McHow contacted me after I posted on this forum looking for some help to remove a kitchen in a hurry. He and his colleague Ricky came on a SundayExclaimation, were courteous and friendly, did what we needed them to do in a really short time and the price was very reasonable.

I also asked Dave for some advice on how to upgrade the boiler and heating system. He was super helpful and I will definitely be using him to do the job when the time comes.

I highly recommend McHow Property Maintenance. Don't waste your time looking for someone else, just book him in now.

Amanda

Posted by olliewc 27 August, 2015 20:24

Fair price and excellent work. Would recommend ahead of the 2 other plumbers.

Posted by annabel 28 August, 2015 15:05

I would also be happy to recommend Dave from McHow. He diagnosed the problem with my boiler and fixed the problem a week later. In addition he and his mate were friendly and polite.
Cathy

Posted by Catzy 22 September, 2015 21:34

I too can only say fabulous things about Dave and am so pleased that I have now found a brilliant plumber in East Dulwich!

I had a problem that Pimlico Plumbers said they could only fix by smashing the taps to pieces which result in me having to buy new ones, and costing me as it was turning into a very time consuming job. Three weeks ago Dave sorted the problem without causing such expense and I still have the old taps in place now working perfectly.

I am absolutely delighted and highly recommend Dave for his professionalism and punctuality, he's incredibly hard working and on top of that, very reasonably priced!

His number 07814 833352

Posted by Bickers 19 October, 2015 19:47

Adding to the praise for Dave!

I called him this morning as my boiler had gone on the blink, he arrived the same day and had the problem fixed within an hour. He turned up exactly when he said he would, identified the problem and provided a cheap solution.

I would certainly reccommend.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by SREP 15 November, 2015 13:53

Thoroughly endorse David at McHow. Punctual, thorough, friendly, helpful and good value for money.

Posted by Blades 03 December, 2015 20:06

Dave from McHow came last week to try and get our central heating working on the ground floor, we had spent several thousand pounds with another local plumber who hadn't managed to fix the problem. Dave and his colleague spent the whole day persevering until they fixed the problem at a cost of less than a fifth of what we had spent unsuccessfully trying to get the problem fixed earlier in the year. Dave is very professional and i would recommend him to anyone that needs plumbing / heating work done. Simon & Emma

Posted by eclecticgal 07 January, 2016 20:36

I found Dave from McHow through this forum and have been getting him to upgrade the plumbing in my new home. So far he has put in an internal mains water stopcock, an external tap, re-sited the washing machine and completely replaced the bathroom. When he took up the bathroom floor the joists were really rotten - he and Ricky managed the situation without any hassle and just did the work necessary. He's got a good network of people including an efficient electrician and someone who can decorate, so for now he's my one-stop shop!

Posted by Herner 19 January, 2016 21:13

I can also recommend Dave as a plumber. He replaced my kitchen tap after we had been let down by another plumber mentioned on this forum (see recent posts about "Rick"). Dave was punctual, his price was fair, and he did a good job. He is also a nice guy. His number is 07814 833352.

Posted by chegger101 26 June, 2016 19:33

We have used Dave numerous times over the last few years.
New radiator installation this time and a continued quality service.

Thanks Dave

Posted by Hisingen 08 July, 2016 09:47

I would also like to highly recommend Dave and his partner at McHow. Showed up just a couple of hours after I had phoned and they were very efficient, polite and reasonably priced. Fantastic service and I will of course use them again!

Posted by dkd 26 July, 2016 15:26

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Dave and his partner. The work they did for us was complex. Re-siting gas flue which involved going through the roof and making that water-tight, power flush to clean the system and complete dismantling, cleaning and refurb of the boiler following years of neglect from our 'insurers'. Quality work at a fair price.

Posted by dkd 26 July, 2016 15:38

Would not hesitate to recommend Dave and his friend. The work we had done was complex. Re-siting flue which entailed making roof good, power flushing the system, and completely stripping down, cleaning and replacing parts in our boiler. This had been neglected by our 'insurer'. All this was done efficiently, neatly and well. The price was fair and we will most certainly using their services again.

Posted by dingle 30 August, 2016 21:58

Was recommended Dave by a friend and he was great, came to service the boiler but ended up having to dismantle the cupboard first so he could get to the boiler - which he did with a smile and re assembled afterwards.

He was timely, polite and showed up when he said he would - highly recommended.

Cheers

Posted by robslost 03 September, 2016 10:15

We found Dave, at McHow, through the forum after a leak in our integrated shower (one of the ones which looks lovely but are hidden in a wall so a nightmare when something goes wrong!).

Dave instantly answered my call, agreed a convenient time to visit, text to confirm the day before and turned up exactly as agreed (spot on time).

We've fully refurbished our house and so have had lots of tradespeople in over the past couple of years and we could instantly tell Dave was (a) a lovely chap (b) honest and decent (c) super knowledgable, practical, passionate and experienced.

He had an idea of what might be the issue and set to work - the broken seal was quickly identified everything was fixed that morning, including an old issue we'd had with a toilet that he fixed as a part of the job.

I'd absolutely recommend Dave to others and he'll be our go to person in the future - we already planning an upgrade to another bathroom.

Thanks to Dave for the great job and to forum members for the recommendation.

Posted by EdClements 08 September, 2016 18:58

I was really impressed with David and would highly recommend his services. He fixed my boiler quickly at a reasonable price.

Posted by Socrates31 14 October, 2016 08:11

My central heating didn't come on this winter and I called Dave from McHow after reading the excellent reviews on this thread.

Dave was over in an hour of me calling him and he fixed the problem immediately.

Very friendly, fast and efficient service at a competitive price. I will 100% use Dave from now on and I have no hesitations recommending him to others.

Posted by olliewc 15 October, 2016 11:22

Hi Dave visited my house to look at leak in bathroom and was very good, reasonable price and completely reliable.

Posted by GodwinBanks 15 October, 2016 12:19

I hope David's prices are reasonable? I've got issues with my boiler; showing fault 'F22', it's a valiant combi-boiler. Now there is hot water but no heating whatsoever.

Just hope his rates are affordable. Seen so many other boiler engineers with call out charges, just on a tight budget at the mo. Will try these other ones as they come highly recommended by you guys on this forum. Thanks!

Posted by M O'Brien 16 October, 2016 18:34

I highly recommend Dave at Mchow Maintenance on 07814833352.

He fixed my boiler by replacing a leaky pipe and stabilising the pressure. No other gas engineer has been able to solve this long term problem.

Fantastic service and very professional.

Posted by east dulwich fan 06 November, 2016 09:42

Hi everyone, I would like to recommend Dave McHow (07814 8333 52) for plumbing work - he recently replaced a bath mixer tap for me. He was very reliable in telephone/message contact and helpful in discussing the replacement. He came to do the work at the agreed time. I will be asking him to quote for any future plumbing work I need to get done.

Posted by petergrimsdale 21 November, 2017 10:28

Got Dave's name off the Forum 8am yesterday. He was with us by 11. It turned out to be a small problem but he was very attentive and stayed to check that the heat was powering up properly. Friendly and unhurried. Definitely recommend.

Posted by MDMDPD 26 November, 2017 07:57

We have used Dave many times and always had exellent service. Contacted him about a leak the other morning and it was all sorted by midday!

Very highly recommended

Posted by Nuna 12 December, 2017 13:59

Another thumbs up for Dave and his colleague Rick - they fixed two leaks in our house and power flushed our whole radiator system. Very helpful and friendly guys.

Posted by Mkw33 13 December, 2017 21:47

Dave came and fixed a leak on an old radiator, an hour after I called (when the other trades ppl I called showed no interest in the job) Great service, so friendly and good value too. Will definitely recommend to friends and use again. Thanks Dave!

Posted by HB 14 December, 2017 17:56

I also highly recommend Dave (Dave McHow (07814 8333 52) for plumbing work. After having another plumber attend three times this week to try and fix a leaky toilet, Dave arrived this promptly this morning and fixed the leak in half an hour. He did a great job and was very pleasant. I will use him again.

Posted by JHMusic 14 December, 2017 20:38

I'll add my recommendation to this deservedly long list- Dave was the only plumber of the many I contacted who could come out the same day for our toilet leak and carried out the fix quickly and with minimum fuss. Also checked all was ok the next day.

Posted by EmilyE 09 January, 2018 09:49

Another recommendation. He came quickly to measure up for a radiator and returned the next day to fit it. I'd been waiting for someone else for months so was particularly pleased.

Posted by Hatchie 15 January, 2018 17:12

Another recommendation for Dave! Our kitchen sink (which had been newly fitted by another builder) broke and we had water pouring out over the floor. Dave was able to come within an hour of me phoning and returned an hour later to do the job. All sorted really quickly and he and his colleague were friendly and professional. I will definitely be using Dave again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:01:15:17:12:54 by Hatchie.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum