Recommended: TJ Builders

raerae

Just wanted to post about TJ Builders who recently completed some exterior decorating and repair work on the outside of my house.

I got a recommendation for them on this site and decided to go with their quote after some ridiculously high ones (also recs from this site!). They were great, easy to deal with, reliable and clean and tidy. Hassan and Sam were the traders working for me and I was very happy to give them keys to my flat and leave them to it. Took longer to complete than originally quoted but they were hampered by some pretty stormy weather at times.

They've just finished and the before and after is quite something! Am happy to send photos if people want to see.

Telelphone: 02076409796

Mobile: 07947413009

Email: [email protected]

Hi all,

Had a couple of PM's regarding bad experiences with TJ Builders so thought I would update. Hassan and Sam have a universal thumbs up for decorating and small jobs but for larger works might be best to steer clear.

Wouldn't want people to have a bad experience because of my recommendation.

Thanks

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

A note of warning on using TJ Builders - we had a terrible experience with them: they abandoned our bathroom job half finished having pestered us for money throughout the job (which hadn't been agreed in advance). Fortunately we had only paid about 70% when they walked out, but it has taken months to get other firms in to fix and redo their work.

They botched the tiling (many chips up the edging of the metro tiles - clearly cut using the wrong tools) and we had to get a plumber in to redo some of the piping as it was so bad (visible sink feeds set at totally different levels...). They also failed to consult us before tiling the floor, though we had discussed talking it over before they did it - so tiles are now the wrong way around. Plus they set the shower so low it touched our heads! (I'm 5"8.)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• If you thought they were off, would it not have been a good idea to have kept them rather than throwing them away, as evidence for Environmental Health or whoever? Or indeed the shop? And do you mean this is the third time you have bought chicken from the same shop which has been off? Have you told the shop? Why did you buy it again if you have twice previously had chicken from there which was off? Have I misunderstood?
    • I found this post after we just had to throw away £14 of chicken thighs from Dugard in HH, and probably for the 3rd time. They were roasted thoroughly within an hour of purchase. But they came out of the oven smelling very woofy.  We couldn't take a single bite, they were clearly off. Pizza for dinner it is then. Very disappointing. 
    • interesting read.  We're thinking about the same things for our kids in primary school as well. One thing I don't understand about Charter ED is whether they stream / set kids based on ability.  I got the impression from an open evening that it is done a little as possible. All i could find on-line was this undated letter - https://www.chartereastdulwich.org.uk/_site/data/files/users/18/documents/9473A8A3547CCCD39DBC4A55CA1678DC.pdf?pid=167 For the most part, we believe in mixed ability teaching and do not stream in Year 7 or Year 8. The only exceptions to this are that we have a small nurture class for Maths. This is a provision for students who scored lower than 85 in their SATS exams and is designed to support them to acquire the skills to access the learning in mainstream class. We do not have nurture classes for any other subjects. We take a more streamed - though not a setted - approach in Maths and Science from Year 9 onwards. though unsure if this is still accurate reflection of policy, and unsure of difference between streaming and setting.
    • Hello, I'm looking for an entertainer for my 9 year old son's birthday party. Looking for someone who can organise some games for the kids as my son and his friends are quite active. Regards, Sue
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In