Russell Perring - fantastic roofer

sue k

I found Russell Perring from a previous recommendation on here; and he did not disappoint. He not only repaired our roof parapet, which had been leaking, he also repaired another other roofer's very shoddy work on the other side, which had been done by my next door neighbour as she had a new loft extension, and which affected our shared parapet wall; (they also broke one of our roof tiles) and we wouldn't have known, had Russell not been up on our roof and did a thorough inspection. He tells you straight what is needed, is helpful, and so obliging. A really decent, hardworking roofer who takes pride in his work. His team are also respectful, and just a good team of guys to have around. Really glad we found him!

07852 972052

Email: [email protected]

We've worked with Russell a couple of times and so have our neighbours, highly recommend. He's busy, but worth waiting for if you can. Lovely guy, really high quality work at reasonable price and gave us great advice on the best solution (which worked and was much cheaper solution than we had also been quoted!).

I did not like his attitude, very sloppy, left dirty fingerprints

when he came round the first time,

asked for access through neighbours house, but when l had arranged everything, he just said that this would not work anyway. He was supposed to repair two leaks, but after a short while, water came through again after a short time.

I was not keen on having him back tough.

I am amazed at what enjoy has said above. I can't believe he is talking about the same roofer.

I found Russell competent, reliable, friendly and fairly priced. He explained everything carefully and was not in the least big-headed. He also gave me a list of local addresses where I could go and see similar work which he had done.

I would have absolutely no hesitation in using Russell again.

I agree,Sue... can't believe 'enjoy' is talking about the right guy either! He is certainly not bigheaded etc..just tells you straight, he is proud of his work and happily shows you examples/gets references etc..that is proof of his good work, I would be worried if he wasn't convinced of his skills!

We all know , that if tradesmen are good at what they do, you can't get them for ages as they are so busy!

p.s also to add, that the scaffolders accidently, chipped our window cill. Russell repaired it,(and not only repaired the chipped edge, but repainted the whole cill extremely neatly and cleanly... without even a murmur....

• 4 weeks later...

I am also going to sing Russell's praises as he's just done a super job on our roof. He's a very popular and therefore very busy man, but very much worth the wait.

He's confident in his own knowledge and the skills of his team, tells you what is and isn't worth doing and the standard of finish is excellent. He promises the best looking roof on the street and delivers it, with little interruption to family life.

Will definitely use him again if required, although that hopefully won't be for another 20 years!

I have used and known Russell for over 10 years. Great guy and hard worker. He may not always get it right (and who can say they are perfect) but he will always keep at it until he gets it right. Sorry to hear Enjoy is upset with finger prints but I'm pretty sure, had he been told, Russell would have come out to try and rectify where the water leak recurred.

monica Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Sue

> No he did not explain why, and when I spoke to the

> other roofers, they explained what it was I

> needed, and why I did not need a new roof.

xxxxx

Not being funny, but then how did he "try to convince you" you needed one, if he didn't explain why?

When I had a new bay roof, he explained exactly what he was going to do and why.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sue

Russell said all my tiles were damaged, and needed replacing, and from what he could see from the Rd below, it would cost me around ?5000. So no as i originally said, not impressed by him. I can see others are, which is great for him, and them.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> monica Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Hi Sue

> > No he did not explain why, and when I spoke to

> the

> > other roofers, they explained what it was I

> > needed, and why I did not need a new roof.

>

> xxxxx

>

> Not being funny, but then how did he "try to

> convince you" you needed one, if he didn't explain

> why?

>

> When I had a new bay roof, he explained exactly

> what he was going to do and why.

• 5 years later...

Simple.

I used this thread as a recommendation when getting some work done recently. I was not happy with the work, so just want to update the same thread where I got the contact with some recent negative feedback, so other members do not have the same problem.

Just had a quote for a quarter of the price paid, for the same issue which has reappeared. Just want to confirm a negative experience another member has had to assist the community when choosing decent local traders.

I spoke with a Sue from RJP so hopefully the feedback makes its way back