Recommendations for an estate agent to sell a property

shrinkkate2

I would second the No Flies vote. I completed about a week ago so my experience is very recent. I was originally selling through Pedder - they were OK but the sale went wrong and I partly blame this on the buyer having used their in-house mortgage advisors. The mortgage advisor was overly optimistic about the buyer's prospects of getting a mortgage offer, although once I found out his circumstances it seemed obvious to me that he was high risk. It fell through very late and I lost out on my onward purchase. I think the experience was typical of the bigger high street chains - they push their other services and my case was very quickly offloaded to more junior staff with little oversight from the person who did the initial valuation. I was just some other number and they really cared about getting new instructions.

I switched to No Flies on the recommendation of a neighbour who sold with them this summer. There are just two of them, and I dealt with them at all stages. They don't push other services on buyer or seller, and I was always able to get through to someone or got a reply to emails within hours. The service was certainly much better and at a lower fee than Pedder. They took all my experiences into account and really made sure the buyer was sound and that everything went smoothly.

I would recommend Kushy Move, they based on Bellenden Road. I had a lovely experience with Mr Kushy while buying the property. You can always get in touch with him and he always finds a time for you. We had a problem with the property managing team, but Kushy was always on track, chasing everyone up. It cost me a lot of nerves, as I was pregnant then and I didn't wanted any delays with exchanging date. Thanks to Kushy Move, everything went smooth and on time!

Honestly, I think it's better to use small agency with a lot of experience, as they're giving more attention and more time to their customers.

• 3 months later...
We have worked with Felicity at Roy Brooks - She has been around for years and has loads of experience. The percentages charged are not fixed so there is always room for negotiation. If you would like independent and objective advice/help on preparing your house for sale to get the best possible price then do contact us - www.propertyfacelift.co.uk

I have very recently sold my flat with No Flies - we completed last month. I would definitely recommend them. Brendan and Tony were great - reliable, responsive, and seemed very genuine. This was really important to me having been on the 'other side' buying property through rather unscrupulous estate agents. My sale was not an easy one, but the stress was much reduced by having 'No Flies' on my side. And they were very competitive in terms of fees too.

Thanks Brendan and Tony!

• 3 weeks later...
I just wanted to post on here to second some of the many recommendations for No-Flies estate agents. Brendan and Tony marketed my flat for me last year. I was aware that their business model avoided the overhead of high street premises (which seemed sensible to me given that I and everyone I know uses the Internet to search for property) so I got an excellent fee for what turned out to be a brilliant service. They valued the property in line with valuations I received from other agents, generated large numbers of viewings, gave prompt feedback and secured a buyer for me at above asking price. However they really came into their own when my sale began to encounter difficulties as a result of issues with London Borough of Southwark. I was living overseas at the time and so these issues could really have threatened the sale but No-Flies were great. They were always available, gave pragmatic advice, kept my buyer onside, liaised with various surveyors and tradesmen to allow access to the property as required by Southwark, kept my solicitors on their toes and generally nursed the sale through for me over an 8 month period until I was finally in a position to complete in January. I doubt I would have got this level of service from many other agents and certainly not for the kind of fees I paid No-Flies. I can only thank them and recommend them to anyone else on here who is thinking of selling.

• 2 weeks later...