sash window maker/fitter needed

I would also be interested in recommendations for local sash window firms. Mine are in such a state that they need replacing. I got a quote from A and E Joinery in Herne Hill after finding a recommendation on this site for them, but I can't find any mention of them when I search again and would like to hear more about others experience of using them. I would also like to get a couple of other quotes from local firms.

Any experience of this out there?

• 2 months later...
I just had F&E joinery install 4 new double glazed sashes for my Victorian property. I got burned a couple of years ago by some window fitters I found on MyBuilder who, while were the most price competitive, did not do the best installation. F&E joinery were a pleasure to work with. They were easy to reach by email and once I placed the order, they were able to deliver the windows within 4 weeks which suited my tight time scales. They only spent 2 1/2 days on site and were very tidy at home. The windows look great and the installations ran seamlessly. My only minor qualm is that I thought their quote for painting the woodwork prior to installation was too high, therefore I decided to use a local painter to do the paint work post installation instead.

Hi,

Would you be able to PM me the details of the painter you used after installation? We have just had a quote from F and E for windows and I'm not sure what to do about painting them. I also think that their quote for painting is high. But we had some installed a couple of years ago without painting prior to installation and it was a bit of a faff to get them done after, so was hoping to get them painted beforehand this time.

Thanks,

Jane

I have just used Steve and Sundial to make one new wooden sash bay window to replace rotten original, two bedroom sash windows and repair another sash window. Very pleased with the results. Quite a few recommendations on here.

• 5 years later...
Hi. I went to F&E Joinery for a curved handrail and spindles for our staircase. Having waiting a month for them to be made, on collection we questioned why the curve wasn't as per the drawings agreed with the quote. Turns out they couldn't do the curve as shown, so did something else and were surprised when we questioned it on. Darren from F&E was extremely aggressive and rude at that point and told us to take our business elsewhere. Would suggest avoiding F&E Joinery!