We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

https://sjbsashwindows.co.uk/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageHas anyone used Martin's builders?
Posted by SEnewbie 25 April, 2015 17:07

Hi

We are about to purchase a renovation project & are considering using Martin's builders.

[www.martinsbuilders.com]

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Pm me if you have a second.

Thanks so much in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was 2015:04:25:18:17:53 by SEnewbie.

messageRe: Has anyone used Martin's builders?
Posted by Pugwash 25 April, 2015 18:15

Is this the same builder mentioned under the 'avoid' heading already posted.

Posted by SEnewbie 25 April, 2015 18:17

Hi
No they are a different company. Just added website above to avoid confusion but thank you.

Posted by SEnewbie 26 April, 2015 18:38

Posted by tibby 26 April, 2015 21:30

They are doing a couple of jobs one
In Scutari road and Barry road knock and ask the house owner

Posted by WillyH 28 April, 2015 15:17

Hi SEnewbie,

Did you get any feed-back on martinsbuilders? We are buying a property in East Dulwich and thinking of asking them to quote, just wondering if you had received any recommendations?

Willy.

Posted by Simon Cyrene 28 April, 2015 16:39

tibby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are doing a couple of jobs one
> In Scutari road and Barry road knock and ask the
> house owner

They are also doing a job at 119, Crystal Palace Road. Been there ages. perhaps knock and ask those owners.

Posted by veronesi 17 June, 2015 22:29

we are currently using them - please send me a private message if you'd like some honest feedback

Posted by Xanadustar 18 June, 2015 10:14

We are also using them at the moment. So far so good!

Posted by mattcart 21 June, 2015 17:00

We have used Martins for our rear extension , roof repair and bathroom renovation. The plumbers electricians plasterers tilers painters roofers are all excellent. They gave the best quote and the company is responsive and flexible They are mostly from Madeira which on Wikipedia says the island has a reputation for construction. On any big job lasting months there are going to be issues that arise but to be frank there haven't been any issues at all with the quality of work. So thumbs up from my experience

Posted by 26 June, 2015 15:22

My programme was supposed to be 10 weeks but nearly 6 months later, I ended the job. I am still dealing with the outstanding issues........

Posted by SEnewbie 28 June, 2015 15:15

Thanks everyone

Posted by AJ_EDF 01 July, 2015 12:18

I've posted elsewhere about Martin's - they carried out a full refurb / kitchen extension for us last year. Like Matt above, we thought they were great. Would definitely recommend them.

Posted by MM22 15 July, 2015 14:34

Hi - we are also thinking of using them...anymore feedback? Did you go with them SEnewbie and WillyH? Veronesi - would you mind also sending me the pm?

Thanks!

Posted by Monty3005 26 August, 2015 13:09

Hi Veronesi,

You said on the ED Forum to contact you for some honest feedback on Martin's builders, so I'm curious. How did your work go? I'm looking to do a bathroom renovation and wasn't pleased with the company I used in my last property. Would love to hear your thoughts on their quality/speed/professionalism.

Thanks!

Posted by Partriguez 14 November, 2015 11:17

Hi everyone, I met with Martin from Martins Builders this morning after seeing their advertising board outside numerous homes in the local ED area. We are looking to build a rear extension and a loft conversion. Martin was very knowledgable and I had confidence in what he was saying. I would really appreciate any feedback you may have before I go forward with Martin. Thank you so much. If you have any recommendations for other builders that would also be appreciated as I would like to get a few quotes.

Posted by SEnewbie 14 November, 2015 19:05

They've just finished our house renovation & side return. Would definitely recommend to anyone & we'll use again in the future. We found them very good.
Happy to pm with any queries.

Posted by East of Dulwich 14 November, 2015 23:10

Someone was asking for other recommendations. I used [www.aspectconstruction.uk.com] and was very happy with them.

--------------------
Mr. East O'Dulwich esq.

www.eastofdulwich.com
@East_of_Dulwich

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum