Recommendation for Plumber & Gas Safe Engineer

thebond

I don't do this sort of thing but I had such a good experience with this chap I felt he deserved a compliment.

Firstly the company is MLC Plumbing and Heating he is a sole trader and very pleasant and straight forward to deal with, and he was very competitive even outbidding the Polish traders.

He certainly knew his onions when it came to fixing my combi boiler in West Dulwich, even supplying me with a certificate. He was very methodical; explaining fully what he had done and was very tidy.

His name is Michael, number is 07960691495 email: [email protected] or [email protected]

Completely agree! Mick attended at short notice to assist with our boiler during kitchen renovations. He was meticulous, professional and made a point of explaining his work. He picked up points that had been missed by others, provided certification for his work and is the only gas engineer I've met who actually offered his credentials for inspection. After dealing with a few cowboys recently, it was a refreshing change!

He was also reasonably priced and a thoroughly nice chap. I will definitely use him again and wouldn't hesitate to commend him to anyone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This chap came highly recommended from a friend whom uses his services so thought I'd get him too look at our somewhat old boiler, thinking he will right it off and try and sell me a new one, but my scepticism was undone by his friendly and surprisingly honest evaluation of our heating system. All it need was the central heating system to be flushed out. Thought I'd end up paying ?1000's and it cost a fraction of that. Also he explains things in layman's terms; no jargon.

Hats of to you Michael

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My neighbour (not on here) asked me if I knew or could recommend a heating engineer/plumber to both fit a new bathroom and change his storage heater system. I had no qualms in recommending Michael.

My neighbour was very happy with the work and price. He said he liked Michael 'cheery chappy chat' and asked me to mention it on here, I keep trying to get him on EDF, but he's never got round to it.

Thanks Michael for not ruining a good neighbour relationship

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't normally bother to review but unfortunately we've had such a poor experience with Mr Corley of MLC that I think we have to.

He quoted us on a boiler conversion and agreed a fixed price for all the work, seemed very polite and competitively priced. Agreed to complete the job in 3 full days max and agreed to work from 8am to 8pm all three days but estimated would be finished with 2.5 days.

Problems started right from the first day he started work (or didn't start so to speak)

Day 1 - he arranged to meet me at 8am for me to purchase the materials required I waited 45 minutes called and texted with no response, finally got a call at 11am to say he'd slept in and would come to meet me straight away, finally turned up at 3pm collected money and left saying he'd be straight back, he turned up at 7pm and worked until 9pm.

Day 2 - said he'd be starting at 8am, heard nothing so assumed all ok, got home at 6pm and he hadn't been there, turned up at 7pm and worked until 11pm said his apprentice had let him down.

Day 3 - apparently was working all day at my house and left at 5pm just before I arrived home, after inspecting looks like he did about two or three hours work tops.

Day 4 - again meant to start at 8am and again didn't arrive until 6pm and worked until 12am ( completely unacceptable but we needed it finished.)

Day 5 - again meant to be an 8am start, texted me during the day saying was all going well got home at 6pm and he wasn't there and hadn't been, told us he fell asleep on his sofa and was going to come now, arrived at 8pm and worked until 12am again, promised to finish it but didn't have correct parts

Day 6 - meant to arrive by 10 and got there at 12:30 came to "finish up" and finally got our new system up and running

Day 7 - meant to come and clear all of the old system out and take it away, he cancelled as was too busy

Day 8 - took the boiler and cylinder but left all pipe work, left tanks in the loft and did an extremely poor job of cementing up the flue hole from old the boiler left a note for us apologising for all the hassle but requesting an additional ?220

He failed to complete all of the work he agreed to do, not removing the tanks, timer nor the pipework in the cylinder cupboard, failed to make good with cement the holes left behind and installed a condence pump despite the boiler being on an external wall and easily able to have a condence trap outside. He also left us without heating and hot water for a total of 6 days due to him not turning up when arranged. On top of all of this he charged an additional ?260 on top of the quote for a variety of things he'd previously agreed on the quote, we paid ?50 for an additional radiator but obviously refused to pay the rest due to the level of work we received, as we didn't pay this additional fee he refused to register our boiler with Gas Safe and so we have now had to have another plumber out to inspect everything, correct a few mistakes he made and register the boiler.

Bottom line, Mr.Corley did not care about getting our job done aside from when it suited him, he has been paid in full for a job he hasn't completed and I'm afraid we certainly wouldn't recommend him in the slightest.

• 1 year later...

Very rarely take the time to write reviews but the excellent service we received from Michael deserves an exception. Michael came out at very short notice, late on a Sunday evening, to assist with a pigeon that had become trapped in our gas fire chimney.

Michael was extremely polite and professional and, as well as helping the problem at hand, noticed several significant defects with our gas fire that meant it was not safe. We are incredibly grateful as these defects had clearly been missed when the previous owner had the fire checked for safety.

I find the above review surprising given that the service I received accorded with the other previous reviews of excellent service.

The bird survived unharmed, by the way. Michael's concern for the welafare of the bird was also nice to see.