Painter decorator recommendation - Jovaner

malcolmweir

Just want to post a recommendation for a decorator I have recently used. He is probably the hardest working person I have ever met, and also the best (of many, all brilliant) decorators I have used. Frankly I'd rather keep him all to myself(!) as I use him to paint a lot of my carpentry but I know he is working (literally) day and night to send money back to care for his mother in Brazil (Alzheimer's) and I want to help him start building his business on the forum. I would stake my own reputation on him - if you are lucky enough to employ him you'll know why. Edit (29/01/2016) His number is 07450985602

• 1 month later...
I also can support the recommendation of Janover as a painter. He was recommended to us by Malcolm and we have been very impressed with his work. He has painted some cupboards and also a couple of bedrooms for us, and touched up other parts of our Victorian House in East Dulwich. He is very hard working, and the end result is fantastic, and therefore, he is great value for money. He has great attention to detail and does a really thorough job of the walls before he evens starts painting to ensure the finish is perfect. He is also a really nice guy. Happy to provide more details. Thanks Claire

• 3 months later...

Jovaner has done a number of decorating jobs for us and the results have been outstanding every time. We keep asking him back! As others have mentioned, he takes great care in the preparation of each job - a real perfectionist, incapable of cutting corners or being slapdash - meaning that the finished job not only looks great but will last. Our flat is old and crumbly and a bit of a nightmare to work on - peel off a bit of wallpaper and half the wall comes with it, that kind of thing - and Jovaner has really gone the extra mile to sort out all sorts of issues for us, partly because he takes pride in his work and partly because he's a kind and helpful soul.

I feel bad not to have posted this earlier in the year, as he is actually about to go back to Brazil for two months to help his family. He leaves on (I think) Christmas Eve and returns on 16th February. So get in quick - or book him for when he gets back!

By the way, when I told him I was going to post something about him on the forum, Jovaner asked me to mention that his mobile was stolen recently, meaning that he has lost his contact list - so anybody waiting to hear from him should give him a ring - his new mobile has the same number: 07450 985 602

• 2 months later...

Hello there! I would like to warn my clients and future clients, I'm already back from holidays, 12.24.2015 until 02.20.2016!

So from now on if you are looking for a painter feel free to call me to hire my services!074 5098 5602 FREE QUOTATION!!!

My name is Jovaner, i am a very experienced Painter and Decorator/Handyman. I have carried out work for local clients, who are willing to recommend my very high standard of work.I have over 14 years working as a painter and decorator, with the last seven years worked here in London, always worked for companies before. But with the help of Malcolm Weir, I started work for my self, after I have done several works of painting for him. So he recommended me to this forum just seven months ago.

Now here I would leave my THANK YOU VERY MUCH to my client and friend Malcolm Weir, because he changed my life and has made me believe that I would rather work for myself, I will never forget it!

I would like to repay his kindness, so if you're reading this message that in addition to need a painter, and also requires an honest and very experienced woodworker. Contact 07745553232 Malcolm Weir WEIRWOODWORK

Unit 1 Stoney Lane

London

SE19 3BD

Email: [email protected]

Hello there! I would like to warn my clients and future clients, I'm already back from holidays, 12.24.2015 until 02.20.2016!

So from now on if you are looking for a painter feel free to call me to hire my services!074 5098 5602 FREE QUOTATION!!!

My name is Jovaner, i am a very experienced Painter and Decorator/Handyman. I have carried out work for local clients, who are willing to recommend my very high standard of work.I have over 14 years working as a painter and decorator, with the last seven years worked here in London, always worked for companies before. But with the help of Malcolm Weir, I started work for my self, after I have done several works of painting for him. So he recommended me to this forum just seven months ago.

Now here I would leave my THANK YOU VERY MUCH to my client and friend Malcolm Weir, because he changed my life and has made me believe that I would rather work for myself, I will never forget it!

I would like to repay his kindness, so if you're reading this message that in addition to need a painter, and also requires an honest and very experienced woodworker. Contact 07745553232 Malcolm Weir WEIRWOODWORK

Unit 1 Stoney Lane

London

SE19 3BD

• 1 month later...

My name is Jovaner, i am a very experienced Painter and Decorator/Handyman. I have carried out work for local clients, who are willing to recommend my very high standard of work.I have over 14 years working as a painter and decorator, with the last seven years worked here in London, always worked for companies before. But with the help of Malcolm Weir, I started work for my self, after I have done several works of painting for him. So he recommended me to this forum just eight months ago.

Unit 1 Stoney Lane

London

SE19 3BD

• 1 month later...
I would like to add my recommendation for Jovaner. He recently painted the walls throughout my house, sanded and re-oiled my kitchen worktops, re-grouted bathroom tiles and replaced the sealant around sinks and shower. His work is really excellent, such a perfectionist. He is honest, hardworking and always cleans and tidies up after himself. If you have any work to be done, I would advise you get a quote from Jovaner first. His mobile no is 07450 985602.

• 1 month later...
I can recommend Jovaner without reservation. He recently finished painting all of the outside of our Victorian house ie woodwork, masonry & gutters/down-pipes and carried out a quite exceptional job. We have had it done a few times since we moved here just under 20 years ago, but I can honestly say that for the first time it looks spanking brand new again! Window frames that were rotten in places have been restored to their original condition; sash windows that only opened with an effort now run up and down smoothly; cracks that were still visibly filled can no longer be seen; pipes were all removed, rubbed down, sealed and painted before being put back. We had a problem with a section of the wall outside the lounge (paint flaking in places and falling off) that no-one has ever got to the bottom of - until now. Because his preparation is so thorough, after sanding the painted masonry properly Jovaner discovered a number of small (and not so small) cracks that allowed water to get into the brickwork. He explained how the bricks 'suck up' the water and proposed an affordable solution (filling the cracks and then applying a flexible paint-on rubber strip along the base of the house). Jovaner takes a real pride in his work which he approaches with a care and professionalism I have never come across before. It still puts a smile on my face to go outside and see what he's achieved! I'm so pleased we chose him from all the quotes we obtained, after seeing one of the recommendations on this site. I am happy for Jovaner to give my name and number to anyone who is considering whether to use him. You can phone Jovaner on 07450 985602.

• 4 months later...

I would like to inform clients and future clients, I am available to give free quotes, Jovaner painter, decorator and handyman 07450985602.

Because the weather from now I will be only doing internal jobs, feel free to contact me for a free quote. Thank you!

I would like to thank my client Martin very much for choosing my work, I also thank you for recognizing my professionalism, I know this afternoon to thank you here, but I have already personally thanked you.

• 6 months later...

Jovaner was with us for five weeks repainting our hall, stairs and landing, often left on his own while we were away but there was never any skimping, no nicking off to another job, no covering up of dodgy bits.

Instead he sorted out every tiny crack and crevice in the plasterwork after having had to sand off all the stupid boat varnish the previous owners covered it with. He started painting but still wasn't happy with the surface so started over again, and the final version is stunning.

He was regularly here until gone midnight, worked over 40 hours in one go at least once that we know of, sometimes we had gone to bed and he was still at work, and most impressive of all achieved godlike status in the eyes of our cat who tends not to like strangers.

He's a true craftsman with genuine pride in and dedication to his work. After Jovaner has been at work in your house, any other decorator fades into insignificance. He has also become a good friend. He is truly a star and I can't recommend him too highly. You won't get better than Jovaner!

• 1 month later...
Jovaner has just done a wonderful job redecorating the flat. I highly recommend him. He completed the work on time, at the price he quoted and to a high standard. He is trustworthy and can be left on his own to get the job done. He brings all his own equipment and will buy the materials agreed in the quotation. He works long hours and takes great pride in making sure his workmanship is excellent. He is friendly, helpful and I would not hesitate to use him again.

• 3 months later...
Jovaner did an amazing job on our house. He is incredibly hard working, a real professional who takes pride in his work, great at helping you achieve the look you want and lovely to have around. I would recommend him wholeheartedly. He goes above and beyond what the job requires because he really cares about getting it right. We hired him to paint our house but he also arranged plasterers for us and did loads of little jobs, without us even asking, which have helped turn our house into a home.

• 4 months later...
Jovaner - a solid, trustworthy, dedicated decorator. We hired Jovaner to paint walls, fix windows and fix cracks throughout our flat. There is nothing to criticise, really. The chap is very, very detailed oriented, knows crack fixing techniques that I have never seen before, leaving walls looking like new (I have re-decorated my flat on several occasions never anyone mentioned to me that these techniques can be applied). Jovaner also fixed our sachet windows that were leaking inside. Not an easy job, several people came over and told me that it was too hard to do it. On the painting work, a lot of care with pieces of furniture, edges, etc. Jovaner even installed a door stop to prevent our front door from damaging the entrance wall without us requesting. The work was quite clean, considering the amount of sanding and dust that was generated. Jovaner is also very proud of his work so he is always thinking the best outcome for you as a client. I can't compliment enough.

• 10 months later...

Just want to bump Jovaner who has done a couple of fantastic jobs for us and has just been round to quote on another.

He's got space for some work before April (usually heavily booked up) so if you need any decorating done I highly recommend him.

Details all the same as above.

• 1 month later...

Having seen lots of great feedback for Jovaner, we recently asked him to do some painting work inside and outside the house.

Jovaner is professional, well presented and to say he has high quality standards is an under-statement. The man is a perfectionist! Those walls didn?t know what hit them. He also took the time to point out where we had a leak, not directly related to his work but very helpful.

I highly recommend Jovaner, I?ve found it so hard to find a reliable, high quality decorator. We will definitely be using Jovaner again.

• 1 month later...

All the wonderful feedback for Jovaner on the EDF is completely deserved. Cannot recommend him enough. Real craftsmanship. Happy for you to call me directly for feedback. Simon Moore: 07768 751177. [email protected]

We have had Jovaner with us for 8 weeks. Painting inside and out: repairing cracks (not just filling, but taking the plasterwork back to brick and repairing with joint tape), sanding, painting walls and woodwork, sanding floors and painting them, tiling to walls and floors, and true restoration work to windowframes and deteriorated woodwork on the outside of the house.

Quality of work is fantastic. He is charming with our two children who rush to him every day and insist on plying him with food, tea and even beer!

Jovaner is coming back in a month to do more work.

Utterly trustworthy, Jovaner has keys to the house and lets himself in and out when we are at home of away.

We cross quoted two other recommendations on EDF. Jovaner spent the most time and demonstrated a genuine craftsmanlike attitude and care to attention which convinced us to use him over and above the other larger contractor-style firms. Jovaner was not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. He was also flexible on pricing when we showed the other like-for-like estimates.

Having estimated on a fixed price we have had to almost argue with him to pay Jovaner for the work he has done over and above the original estimate. Estimated originally as redecoration much of the work Jovaner has delivered falls into a deeper restoration category.

Jovaner's standards are very high. He has taken. it upon himself to redo work which we cannot see as being anything other than perfect. Guess before Jovaner we have only used cowboys before... on a few occasions he has found problems caused by the original builders of the house and repaired the root cause, where other 'tradesmen' might have glibly filled and painted over.

Jovaner is unfailingly polite, very tidy, and always leaves the house immaculate.

Trust me. You will not be disappointed. We shall be sorry to see him leave. But we will have him back soon!!

• 1 year later...
Jovaner completed 8 weeks of work in our house, and we would like to agree with every positive review above. He is by far the most professional, hard working and skilled builder and decorator we have ever met.The quality of his work is outstanding. He involved us in every small decision about issues which arose during the work, and came up with creative solutions which enhanced the overall effect of the decorating and saved on costs. He was such a pleasure to have in our homes that we are almost missing his gentle presence, which must be a first! He is totally trustworthy, and we were happy to leave him in our home whilst we were away. He is very discrete, and since he drinks neither tea nor coffee, much of the time we hardly noticed he was here, he just gets on with the work. We can recommend him 100%, and have already arranged for him to return to do further work for us. I would be delighted to speak to anyone to give a more detailed reference should that be helpful if you are considering employing Jovaner.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I am writing a recommendation for Jovaner, our painter & decorator who took care of repainting our entire house interiors - walls, ceilings and woodwork. We bought a house in Nunhead with quite a lot of superficial damages to the walls and we wanted to refresh the paint. We got three quotes, Jovaner was the most expensive but also the most detailed and we were able to talk through everything in detail with him. In the end we were convinced that he would do a very high quality job which definitely was a priority for us. He was also able to accommodate our super tight schedule, with a baby arriving in a matter of days.

We cannot recommend him enough, hiring him was the best decision we made for a number of reasons:

1- the quality of the work: to put it simply we've never met someone with such attention to detail and who is so passionate about his job, aiming for perfection every single time. The preparation work was impressive, even without the paint done our walls looked like brand new. And then with the paint on it is simply stunning, he never cuts corners and is really thorough, taking the time needed and working extra hours.

2- all the extra fixes: Jovaner did some many extras on top of what we agreed in the quote with no surcharge: fixing some woodwork and all the stairs spindles, fixing the doors that were not straight, helping with the skirtings when we had the floor redone, etc. He always made sure we were happy and everything was perfect. He also helped us a lot as we were doing some stuff ourselves!

3- The flexibility and consideration: Jovaner is simply a pleasure to work with and an all-round super nice guy. He was really considerate as our baby arrived in the middle of the work and we had to move in to a house that was not finished. He pulled in crazy hours to make sure our room would be completely ready to welcome mum & baby from hospital, and then was really mindful of us as they were finishing the other part of the house. We couldn't believe how smooth it went and how considerations him and his team have been.

Obviously we cannot recommend him enough, we are absolutely delighted with our stunning house and how everything went. Thank you so much for all your hard & fab work over the last 4 weeks Jovaner!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Jovaner recently restored and painted my front door and arch for me and I can recommend him without hesitation.

His attention to detail is outstanding, focussing on ensuring every potential flaw is made perfect. He worked well into the evening over several days to get a perfect finish that I was highly impressed by. He also went above and beyond by doing a number of extra bits and pieces without being asked.

His rates can appear on the high side, but when you consider the number of hours he puts in and the quality of his work, I really do think he is value for money. And he is also a lovely guy!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Another strong recommendation for Jovaner, who recently completed extensive exterior restoration/repair and internal and external decorating work on my house. Over a period of six weeks Jovaner worked solidly to repair cracked, water damaged window sills and a bay window, replaced facia boards and guttering, cleaned and painted pipework, and sealed and painted render. He's very tidy and takes a lot of pride in his work, always making sure any problems he's spotted are addressed and fixed. He also repaired brickwork around a window that a previous building firm had left in a mess, adjusted and installed plinths and skirting boards in my kitchen, and installed three new hearths and three decorative fireplaces for me.

Both during the work and since I've had neighbours, passers-by and delivery drivers all comment on the quality of his work - it not only looks great but I'm confident that issues I had with water damage have been solved.

Maddy