Loft extensions again!

Ellebell

Hello I know there's been a few threads on this but I haven't seen any comments on Dulwich Lofts.

We've had quotes from Dulwich Lofts, Classic & Taylored and finding it hard to make a decision.

Has anyone had their loft done by Dulwich Lofts recently?

Thanks

I would advise you to steer clear of Classic Lofts. What these cowboys build beggars belief. Shame so many of their customers are oblivious to what was done to their houses and what bodge sits behind those pretty F&B painted walls. Save yourself a lot of hassle and choose a reputable, solid company.

I'm surprised at the comment re: Classic Lofts. We used them for our loft after a recommendation from a friend and couldn't be happier with the quality and customer service we received, so much so we used them again for our extension.

I whole heartedly recommend Classic, and we really did our research.They showed us examples of their work in the area before we committed to them, perhaps you could ask that they do the same with you? A few people we know have had their Lofts converted with them now and no complaints!

Hi,

We have just had our loft extension completed by Classic Lofts and the whole process was fantastic. The works were finished ahead of schedule (a blessing) and everyone we dealt with was polite / friendly / knowledgeable.

We were nervous about the whole process given we have kids, mainly the disruption, noise, mess etc. - Classic managed all of our expectations from start to finish and just took any stress out of the whole situation.

The end product however is what really matters and we are delighted with the outcome. The finish is exactly what we wanted, any snagging (there is always some!) swiftly dealt with. There was always someone available to discuss progress with and timetabling (which for us was one of the most important things from past woes!).

We are now contemplating more works downstairs which Classic have said they will quote for and they will certainly be the first company we contact when we are ready.

Whilst I cannot comment on any other Loft Conversion Companies, I can say we would happily recommend Classic and invite anyone who wants to see their work to get in touch and you are welcome over for a cup of tea to admire their work!

Good luck!

We were also very pleased with our Classic Lofts experience. We did have to keep on top of them a bit - so I'm glad my husband had the time to do that - e.g. checking that the electrician they use had got the right instructions about what we wanted - but overall, really happy.

we are also planning our own loft conversion and contacted Dulwich lofts who seemed to be the right people for the job. i was very interested in reading this thread but noted that the question didn't appear to be answered as everyone only seemed to be coming to the defence of Classic lofts. dose anyone have experience of using Dulwich lofts and are prepared to comments on their service?

I have lived in the area for ten years now and had both our loft done and more recently a large kitchen extension completed by classic lofts. I was very impressed by the service we received in 2011 when we had our loft converted and both my husband and I are even more impressed with the 7 months of work Classic have just completed. Bernie the company owner, was nothing but courteous and respectful towards my family and neighbours and expects high standards of work and behaviour from all of his employees. The builders, roofers, plasterer Tom, carpenters and plumber were all really friendly and lovely people who I enjoyed having a chat with and who respected the fact that I was living upstairs with 3 small children. Classic dealt with our tricky neighbours both professionally and kindly and actually left the street outside our house in better condition than when they arrived. The staff in the office are equally friendly and helpful. Finally, the standard of work is excellent and we are currently in the process of hoping to get the same workmen on site to finish the rest of our house. I couldn't recommend Classic lofts more highly if I tried. Very fair and good people.

• 1 month later...

Maybe too late, I really hope not but have a look at this thread re Dulwich lofts.

From my own experience I would say avoid at all costs!

I think this will take you to the thread. If not just do a search for Dulwich lofts and extend the search criteria to "all dates" and you should see it if my link is duff.

Good luck

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1357439,1420529#msg-1420529

• 3 years later...
I have had a terrible experience with Classic Lofts as the neighbour of someone who has just had their loft done. I would agree with the post that says they are a bunch of cowboys. As they built up the party wall between the two properties they trampled all over my flat roof without putting any protection down, even though this was spelt out in the Party Wall Agreement. They then managed to break a load of my slates on the sloping roof and then to top it all they completely bodged the repair to the slates which I now will have to get fixed myself. My advice is steer well clear.

As a freelance surveyor and planning advisor, I deal with lots of people getting work done on their properties. It's an old problem in the building trade, that one person can have work done and have a great experience, then the next will have a bad one. All I would say is it is best to use a company that has a trading history, with a number of happy customers. In some cases, it is not just the builders' fault that relationships fall apart, as customers play there part too...

I work independently for and don't usually plug builders, But Creative Living SE Ltd, now based in Beckenham may be worth a look.

Jellybeanz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> reds Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I used Classic Lofts last year and they were

> > fantastic from start to finish. I couldn't

> > recommend them highly enough.

>

> I wonder if this was written by Classic Lofts, as

> I have not heard good things lately!

And there I was sitting in my front room back in 2007 registering on the East Dulwich Forum thinking I could pull a fast one by posting a few random comments here and there and then recommend my own company in TWELVE years time!!

You've 'not heard good things lately'. Have you ever actually used Classic Lofts? I assume not. Well I have and I'm delighted with both the quality and service I received.

Clown.