Kitchen, bathroom and property renovations?...recommendation for Big Small Building Solutions

Jacqui5254

I recently had some renovations done to my flat and, as I have had several conversations with people looking for recommendations for good tradesmen, thought I would post it here..

Atanas Deschev and his company, Big Small Building Solutions. They do kitchen, bathroom and whole property renovations with a skilled team which covers plasterers, tilers, carpenters, builders, painters, electrical work, etc which he coordinates to ensure your project keeps to your agreed schedule Their customer service, time keeping, flexibility and decent costs are what made him stand out for me. I have had several builders in recent years and they don't come close to Atanas and his team.

To give an idea, they completed the following...

Knocked out the internal hall wall of my first floor flat, extended into the new space by creating and installing a new kitchen, removed and repositioned a [new] boiler. Also a complete bathroom renovation. Then they moved two loft hatches and installed new loft stairs, built and painted two enormous storage cupboards, replaced my flat door, decorated the hallway, upgraded some electrics and tiled the kitchen and bathroom floors. All this was done in a very tight space with no garden to spill into. They cleaned and only left when everything was in its place,no outstanding jobs, nothing left behind. All monies spent were accounted for with receipts down to the last penny. I benefitted from 100% of his discounts at trade stores where they know him and describe him as their best customer as he is never annoyed if something isn't ready. The men clean after themselves, don't seem to take breaks, and are very helpful and have high standards. Atanas is very approachable and easy to get hold of and is always willing to sit down to discuss any concerns or details. I am thrilled with the outcome.

Oh yes, and the whole job took exactly 4 weeks.

http://kitchenandbathroombuilderdslondon.co.uk/contact.html

If you are looking for someone who is totally reliable, who answers his phone and arrives when he said he would,who has an eye for detail and takes full responsibility for the quality of the job, not you nagging about how straight the tiles are, then Atanas is your man.

I second the above. Atanas and his team have recently completed a kitchen overhaul and added a utility room for me. Atanas is a most patient, calm person and solved every problem I charged him with. The work took exactly the amount of time he said it would, cost exactly what he quoted and the attention to detail was fantastic. Totally reliable, always got back to me quickly and never turned up late. Atanas allieviated all the usual stress of building work away with his calm approach - I had quite a few problems with deliveries and made silly mistakes like getting the wrong size shower tray, but he always worked round it and found solutions.

Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...

I will third the above. Atanas & co did our kitchen, and were brilliant. It was quite a big job - skimming of walls, raising of floors, moving of gas, adding of electricity, as well as tiling, painting, and .. fitting the kitchen.

Work is holding up well, was done to a good standard, and they were great about communicating, providing a quote quickly, and so on. Didn't cause a terrible mess, friendly and polite.

I've attached a before and after, to give a better idea of what they did.

• 2 weeks later...

I wholeheartedly recommend Atanas and his company for your refurbishment needs! He was my favourite of all the tradespeople I hired (I project managed it myself) and will be asking him to quote for our outbuilding conversion soon.

His scope:

1) New Kitchen including expanding a door way, and closing off a second door to the kitchen (we had to entry to the kitchen and turned into a U-shape kitchen)

2) Bathroom

3) Plastering

4) Painting

Atanas is very polite knowledge, calm, and pragmatic, offer solutions and creative ideas. I spent 6+ month planning our house refurb so I had a good vision of what I wanted. We are thrilled with the results -- see photos from the kitchen refurb. We were away in California for 3+ week and everything went swimmingly well. In fact, I was comfortable with Atanas, leaving him my keys in the keybox during the whole refurb, and communicated via email/wassap during the building works. They were brilliant and happy to see so many positive recommendations for Atanas. He does he booked in 2 months in advance but it is worth the wait.

If you wish to speak, please get in touch with Atanas and he will provide you with my details. We live in Ladywell.

[kitchenandbathroombuilderdslondon.co.uk]

• 5 months later...

To add to the recommendations, Atanas recently re-fitted a bathroom for me and his team did a fantastic job at a very reasonable price. Atanas was very professional, easy to contact, his men worked hard and got the job done on time and the labour quote was as originally agreed. I messed up with a couple of orders, but everything was 'no problem', with Atanas offering suggestions and sourcing things cheaper than I could buy where I asked him to.

I was wary of using a bathroom fitter purely on Forum recommendations as have yet to find a decent handyman on here despite glowing references for some, but would heartily recommend Atanas and his team and will definitely use him for building / plumnbing work in the future. Feel free to pm me if you want a more detailed reference.

Another recommendation for Big Small Bathroom Solutions. It was partly on the basis of earlier comments on the East Dulwich Forum that I chose them for my bathroom.

http://www.kitchenandbathroombuilderslondon.co.uk/

The bathroom was in a poor state of repair, not having been touched since the 1970?s. The room was too small and awkward in shape for a shower cubical so I elected to have it converted to a wet room.

This required the plumbing and water proofing beneath floor level, plastering of all the walls and ceiling, tiling of the floor and walls and installation of the new fittings. (They supply the plumbing and building materials and the customer chooses and purchases the fittings with guidance from the project manager, Atanas Deshev)

Two things were particularly impressive, the quality of the workmanship and the attention to detail. The whole job was completed in around 8 working days with the minimum of fuss and disruption and at a very competitive price.

My thanks to the people who recommended them in the past.

(P.S. I have no connection with this company)

• 3 months later...

amlh, I had nothing but first rate service from Atanas. My renovation was done over a year ago and I have had no problems since that I can attribute to his work.

In fact, small issues that were NOT of his making, eg poor quality toilet fittings mean that the flush broke and he came back 3 times to fix it, which also included taking out all the boxed-in fittings. I think he takes a lot of pride in his work.

We had a full bathroom refit completed four years ago. We've now sold up and moved, but the last time I saw and used 'our' bathroom two weeks ago, it looked as good as it did the day Atanas and his team finished. They did a brilliant job at a brilliant price.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Thank you for all you kind words, we are touched and really appreciate your recommendations. We are usually quite booked up,but due to a comment in January we are not so booked in advance as we used to be. We have contacted the person on the forum to check what he/she meant as it was very vague and unspecific and they have deleted their comment, but never replied to us even though we tried twice. We never asked for the comment to be deleted, just wanted to resolve it as I was very surprised to see it on the forum. It took 4 months for me to check it as we were quite booked from December, but then the work slowed down and I thought it was due to a potential recession, it never crossed my mind someone will make potential clients worry here , as we deal with every small issue as it arises and never ever get such emails, It was a mixed thread on a negative spectrum but without giving people proper insight at all. It could be a troll or one customer so we need to check. As I read in the Tube yesterday on a legal advice advertisement "Reputation takes years to build and a click to destroy".

We are blessed with really lovely customers that are a pleasure to work with. I am sure many will back us up here.

I just want to let the potential clients know that we do inside refurbishments throughout properties and smaller renovations like bathroom or kitchen fitting with a 1 year warranty. Our teams have a variety of skills and can cover a wide range of trades including tailor-made wardrobes or even building new summer houses. They are hard working and have a few gaps now, here and there

(working not full 6 days a week as they are used to,but 4-5). There are projects booked, but just wanted to let you know that you can benefit from us having shorter lead times at the moment.

Feel free to contact us on 0800 015 2266.

http://www.kitchenandbathroombuilderslondon.co.uk/.

Kind regards,

Iliana

• 2 months later...
I'd also like to endorse Atanas and his team. We had a full kitchen refit, including plastering, flooring and everything in between. I found him very easy to communicate with and he undoubtely made the whole experience much easier for us by accommodating delays in supply of some cabinets and fittings. The standard of work and professionalism was high throughout the process and I wouldn't hesitate to to use him and his team again.

• 4 months later...

I would highly recommend Atanas - 0800 015 2266.

[www.kitchenandbathroombuilderslondon.co.uk].

his team did a brilliant job on my bathroom refurbishment. They were efficient, helpful and very reasonable. They did an excellent job. The tiling was perfect, everything was very professional and they were very considerate with small details

If you need more info happy to be contacted.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for you recommendations and Happy New Year to all!

I wanted to add a link to another tread.I thought the old comments were lost,but the forum is set by default to show just last years,so just in case they are outdated at some point,I will add them to this more recent thread.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1005785,1435473#msg-1435473 (dating back to 2012)

The New year hasn't picked up as much as last year and we still have some availability in February.

Feel free to contact us on 0800 015 2266.

[www.kitchenandbathroombuilderslondon.co.uk].

Thank you lovely community adn best wishes for 2018

Iliana-Big Small solutions

• 8 months later...

Atanas and his team completely refurbished a two bedroom flat in Peckham for my daughter, with me managing the project. Timing was an issue with summer holidays to work around and delays due to landlord permissions etc. However, the job was completed to a high standard in the time expected, and has turned a near-derelict flat into a lovely apartment. The work involved complete restoration: plaster skimming, floor levelling, full electrics, plumbing and heating, kitchen and bathroom fittings, and tiling. The only part of the original flat that was retained were the walls and window frames (which had been replaced so needed no work).

All the positive comments about Atanas and his team are quite correct and justified.

Atanas and his team refurbished my flat in Peckham (see Stuart GG?s post above) to a high standard. They worked quickly and effectively to complete the work in a short time frame. They were also considerate of my belongings and availability, given that I work full time, and live in the flat alone. We had easy communication throughout the job. I therefore would recommend him to anyone and would use Atanas again for future works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I chose Big Small Building Solutions for a recent bathroom renovation project and was absolutely thrilled with the results. I felt reassured from my initial communication with Iliana and again during the consultation with Atanas who made a note of my wishes and also made some useful suggestions of his own. I was quite particular with the supplies and the look I was aiming for and couldn?t have been happier with the execution. Atanas kept in touch with progress and checked in with me from time to time. He clearly has extremely high standards of work and I would not hesitate in using his services again.

• 1 year later...

Happy New Year to all our past and future clients and EDF users!

We have been working around 9-10 years in the area and had amazing experience.

As our website is 10 years old it is not keeping up with new updates and we need to either update it or have completely new one .We were quite busy and never got a chance to updated it with new projects ,so we can't wait to show you all the work that we covered through those years.It would take a few months, meanwhile please contact us here , 0800 015 2266 or email: [email protected].

We have an extensive gallery of photos we can show you ,please request.

Many thanks,

Iliana & Atanas

Atanas and his team just finished a bathroom renovation for us and we were thrilled with how it turned out. Atanas was really helpful, communicated well and had some really useful suggestions about how to lay things out. They were really friendly and tidy while they were working and finished on schedule (despite a problem with the floor tiles that could easily have delayed things). Iliana was also great at answering questions before the work started. Theirs was also one of the most reasonable quotes we received.

Would highly recommend and will use them again in the future.

• 5 months later...
Atanas recently completed our bathroom and did a really good job. He was very professional and his communication with us before, during and after the job was excellent. We?d definitely use big small building solutions again.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

We have just had Atanas and his team do our bathroom renovation. They were amazing and did a very professional job. We had to move out whilst the work was being done and I was happy to leave them with a key. Atanas communicated with us on a regular basis during the build and sent us regular pictures.

I would certainly use them again and would recommend them to others.

• 5 months later...

Happy Easter !

We are taking bookings again for bathroom and kitchen renovations, full refurbishments or any other project -feel free to reach and check as we cover most internal renovation ,lofts and extensions .

It was incredibly busy for 5 years or more years but managed to take a breath during last year and recharge we are looking to book more work .Still working on our website .If you would like to look at some projects ,we have uploaded very minimal amount to facebook while we work on our online presence. https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Ffb.me%2Fbigsmallbuildingsolutions&h=AT32PhQC_0kqAOJx-Sk7QDkKtqCKU2WGDtZtIL9JMxrE51Mhx58vJCdVIMzx19DAj6uPNDPD3zDlScDDkRENpTJ_dgW0z8fWcs-lj-EcwnMSsw8J6o-SlBWCuzORAX_ijrdGUv_ZIA61Yz9tgcP-G5dX

Please check links to recommendation posts going back to 2011/12 above on this thread ( search wouldn't find them ).

Atanas is on 07809776638 call, text,whatsup for quickest reply, alternatively reach us here or use our email address [email protected]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi I would just like to add my recommendation for Atanas and his team. They have just done a fantastic job on renovating my bathroom.

Really impressed with the work delivered and felt it was a really reasonable quote for the amount of work and level of craftsmanship they have done.

Atanas is extremely professional, great communication before and during the works, he managed the job really well and on time (which with the amount of work that was needed I was really impressed).

He provided all the plumbing material and offered his trade discounts at shops for tiles etc

I moved out to let him get on with the work and felt very happy for him to have keys etc - he left my flat all tidy

Already saving up to get him back for my kitchen!!