Recommendation need for Indian Restaurant in ED or Peckham or nearby

Ganapati is popular.. It is very small and you will probably need to book. Quite expensive.

Swadesh is quiet. They do not sell alcohol and you cannot take your own...

Jaflong is a good alternative.. Food is good. They do not sell but you can take your own and they do not charge corkage.

Dulwich Tandoori is my favourite. Good food and extensive menu. Drinks are more expensive. Can get busy.

Curry Cabin.. The oldest Indian restaurant on Lordship Lane.. Good food and cheap drinks..

Surma. Again Good food and reasonable prices. Less busy

DulwichFox

Would definitely say Ganapati, but as Fox says, it's fairly expensive - about 50% more than a regular curry. Dulwich Tandoori is my favourite if going for an old-school poppadoms/madras/naan/Kingfisher job.

Was at Jaflong last night.. I had the King Prawn (In The Shell) Jalfrezi.. One of my favorites.

I have to say it was Superb. Jaflong no longer sells alcohol but you can take your own Beer and Wine at no charge.

Well worth a visit with friendly staff and good food.

DulwichFox.

• 2 months later...

I have to say best Indian restaraunt I have been in is the Gurkha in Sydenham, not far from Sydenham station ,went there a few Friday ago booked for 7pm ,and people where queuing and waiting to get in ,beautiful food and great service

Booked to go this Friday as well