We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

https://www.gokayfitness.com/3-months-body-transformation

www.fabbeautelondon.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
messageRe: Recommendation for brilliant Handyman
Posted by sarahl February 14, 07:53PM

I would highly recommend Aston, he is reliable, friendly and professional.
We needed to fix lots of old door handles locks and latches that didnít shut and now all the doors close properly and the handles work really well. He was good at explaining what needed to be done and we were very happy with the work.

Posted by TheWombat February 14, 11:13PM

I got Aston to fix 3 wobbly fence posts today. Once again really happy with the results.

Posted by LindseyB February 23, 06:58PM

I would highly recommend Aston. He was precise, professional, efficient, and a pleasure to deal with. We were very happy with the work, and will be using him again.

Posted by V,B&A February 23, 07:09PM

Aston has been brilliant for household jobs that are beyond our DIY skills. He is punctual and gets the job done quickly. He is also a very nice bloke. He has just put up double, ceiling mounted, aluminium curtain tracks in our bay window. They had to be bent carefully to fit, and cut with precision. Even though Aston had not worked with this type of curtain track before, he did the job very neatly and professionally in less time than I thought it would take. Our new curtains look fantastic. Aston Mob: 07490947355

Posted by LucyInTheRye March 02, 10:49PM

Thank you forumites for the excellent recommendation. Aston assembled and hung two flat pack kidsí bookcases for me, fixed a heavy mirror to the wall and mended some broken drawers which had been nagging at me for ages. He did everything with very good grace and to a high standard. He is also very nice and was kind to my toddlers. Thanks Aston.

Posted by Swells1789 March 15, 11:29AM

I can also highly recommend Aston. He fixed my TV to the wall, put up some coat hooks and assembled a bed, efficiently and promptly. He was also very friendly. Iím getting him back for some curtain hooks and pictures too!

Posted by Snowpanda001 March 15, 08:43PM

I'm looking for a Handyman to install some hardboard in my hallway.

I have seen lots of good recommendations for Aston - but no contact information? Just wondering why no one has added any website, number or email?

Posted by Claref March 17, 03:15PM

Another very happy customer. Aston has just given us a new shed felt roof and completed a small woodwork job. He is great to deal with - good communication, quick quote and booked me in swiftly. He did a lovely job and was very friendly and considerate.

07490 947355

Posted by Dilcam March 19, 12:59PM

Aston has done a number of indoor jobs for us and done them brilliantly. This time we had a badly leaning garden fence which we needed to get repaired quickly and well to avoid it falling into our neighborsí garden. Aston confirmed that he would be able to do the fence repair and that he is experienced at doing it. His solution was to used a concrete post which is sunk into the ground and attached to the leaning post to straighten and secure it. As usual Aston was punctual, efficient and he is a thoroughly nice and reliable guy. The fence is now straight, stable and very secure. Aston is now firmly our go-to person when we need work done that we simply shouldnít tackle ourselves.

Posted by IlonaM April 17, 09:52AM

Aston kindly came out yesterday to reinforce a fence post and secure a loose kickboard. Very punctual, friendly and professional in challenging times. Very pleased to recommend him.

Posted by katezerooo May 13, 11:47AM

Another recommendation here for Aston - he came out to fix our leaning fence and did a really great job. He was punctual and polite, I definitely plan to ask him to help out with some more jobs and would highly recommend.

Posted by spacetricks June 05, 02:07PM

Did a great job at short notice. Cost was reasonable too.

Posted by Laura_Grace June 10, 06:51PM

Aston was a great help today reattaching our garden gate. Iíll definitely be using him for more jobs in the future.

Posted by Fourletter June 18, 08:10PM

I also recommend Aston, today he has built a fence in front garden and fixed 3 gate posts. Very happy heís a hard working guy and wonít go until all is fixed and done properly, very happy thanks Aston! I will def call him if and when I need more work done👍🏻
Aston +44 7490 947355

Posted by beansprout June 22, 03:58PM

I used Astonís services again today and can highly recommend him. He is a great handyman, efficient, on time and gets the job done at a reasonable price. Highly recommend him. Will be using him again as needed.

Posted by Deb June 23, 04:38PM

Had Aston around again recently to hang several mirrors and a few other odd jobs. Extremely efficient and friendly as always. A pleasure to have in the house and is now our go to guy for any handy work. No hesitation in recommending his services.

Posted by weilan June 23, 09:03PM

sorry duplicate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was june 23, 09:14pm by weilan.

Posted by weilan June 23, 09:13PM

cella Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CLJ31 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Aston recently put up a wall-mounted bike
> holder;
> > made good a damp-damaged section of paper
> lining
> > and repainted; fixed some broken tiles on the
> > front step; and replaced two door knobs and a
> > latch for £260. He was efficient, timely and
> tidy.
> > I reckon it took him 5-6 hours, and all the
> > materials were included in the price, so about
> > £40-50 p/hour (which ties in with the £400 per
> day
> > mentioned above). It's not cheap, but he did a
> > great job and although I have paid less for
> > similar before (although not as little as
> £150)the
> > overall experience and the standard of work
> wasn't
> > as good as I got from Aston. NB - he prefers
> > payment in cash so be prepared to visit the
> ATM.
>
> Am I alone in thinking £400 a day is excessive -
> who earns that much in most jobs? A lot of these
> tasks are simple and straightforward and the idea
> that cash in hand is publically asked for on
> here...? I seriously don't think we should be
> encouraging potential tax avoidance in this way -
> not as though customers are even getting a cut
> price deal! One to avoid.

No you are not alone. Aston just quoted me £850 to dig up three holes measuring 70cm x 70cm x 100cm deep in concreted ground. Then he changed it to £700 to dig two holes. I was gobsmacked, for unskilled labour really? For comparison I was quoted £250 elsewhere. Thanks but that's a hard pass for me.

Posted by Nellsw July 12, 09:50AM

Iíd saved up a long list of jobs for Aston and he tackled them all and made a lovely job of everything. Iíve tried other people in the past (and found one of them watching a video of how to put up a blind which didnít exactly fill me with confidence) and wouldnít hesitate to recommend Aston for great quality, being helpful and very neat and tidy.

Posted by Jennys July 14, 02:05PM

We have again used Aston to do some varied jobs in our home and have been very pleased with the work. He is cheerful, competent and punctual.

Posted by caseys July 21, 05:10PM

Here is another shout-out for Aston!

I needed quite a bit of trellis put up, which was to be attached to an existing brick wall. Aston took the time to pop around, review what was required and give some advice. He came back the next day and did a perfect job.
Not only is his work to a very high standard, he is also a nice guy to have working around your house/garden, which is important.
I have no hesitation in recommending Aston.

Posted by Rosie_e_d August 04, 10:51AM

Aston came out yesterday to put up a shelf in my flat which had fallen down due to over loading. He was quick to book, well priced, polite, friendly, professional and tidy. He also didn't rush the job (like others I've booked before) and took his time to tackle drilling in to our 1960s reinforced concrete walls! He was able to supply new brackets and I am confident the shelf will not be falling down again! I will definitely be re booking Aston in the future.

Posted by Zepp1 August 21, 05:42PM

Aston came yesterday to install a new cooker hood and replace some outside lights for me.

This was the second time Iíd used him, heís friendly, turns up on time and extremely professional at what he does.

I would highly recommend him and will definitely be using him again for any future jobs.

Posted by Seanf81 September 16, 08:04PM

Can echo comments above, Aston cane round today and did an amazing job. Lovely guy and did everything we needed really well.

Cannot recommend enough!

Posted by NCHKB September 19, 11:37AM

We had Aston with us this week. He did a bunch of jobs for us and we couldn't be happier with the results. Aston was friendly and efficient with a great attention to detail - not to mention a big hit with the family. Already planning on having him back again soon.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum