Forum Sponsors

www.littleloud.org

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

www.facebook.com/dulwichecogardening

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
messageRe: Recommendation for brilliant Handyman
Posted by wjm 20 May, 2018 12:53

More repeat business for Aston at our place - hanging/varnishing some doors on new hinges with new locks, and boxing in some pipework in our porch. As usual the work was done to a really high quality, on time, and with zero mess. I'm sure it won't be too long until we find some more jobs for him!

Posted by Cambers 23 May, 2018 20:03

I booked Aston today, on the strength of all the positive reviews on the EDF.
He did a brilliant job of putting together some flat pack furniture for me.
Calm, personable and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend.
His number is 07490 947355.

Posted by SaraEllen 27 May, 2018 11:38

Aston came to do some jobs for me last week - replacing window locks, putting up a trellis, fixing kitchen taps. He was terrific! He carried out all the jobs to a very high standard. He is very professional and an excellent handyman. I will definitely employ him again!

Posted by gingerandhoney 29 May, 2018 15:14

It is not always easy to find someone who will reply promptly and turn up the time or day that person promised to do a small job. I have asked Aston to fix my problematic front door before and this time for our garden office door. He is reliable and conscientious with his work and charges. am so glad to have found him through this forum and I highly recommend him. His contact number is 07490 947355.

Posted by T&G 30 May, 2018 16:12

Another glowing review for Aston who came and hung a load of artwork and mirrors ...just brilliant, quick, tidy and a really nice chap. Absolutely thrilled with the work he has done. Very happy to recommend.

Posted by byngo 06 June, 2018 20:25

Me too. Aston came to us today to coat our leaking roof in waterproof paint. He's so nice, polite, hard working... I almost have to pinch myself that it was all real. Lovely chap, great job. Highly recommended

Posted by a_m 13 June, 2018 12:55

Aston hung some pictures for my mum and did a brilliant job. He was incredibly professional, efficient and a pleasure to deal with. Thank you Aston!!!

Posted by gingerandhoney 21 June, 2018 12:28

Aston, my reliable handyman came to our home again on Tuesday. He fixed our leaky kitchen extension roof where the vertical wall meets the small single storey pitched roof. He repaired the crumbled motor and filled the gap neatly. He also fixed our garden fencing panels which had become loose from concrete posts by adding some boards onto the existing feather edge panels. He is efficient, thorough and his work is neat. He is punctual and also a great communicator. Just like everyone else recommended him before me, I can always recommend him to anyone. His mobile number (WhatsApp)on 07490 947355.

Posted by hendricks 21 June, 2018 23:14

Another appreciative shout out for Aston. I called this morning about a troublesome lock and front door. Luckily he was able to come out this afternoon and resolved both promptly and efficiently. Would happily recommend and use Aston again. Another great find on the EDF.

Posted by HHhome 23 June, 2018 10:15

I had a great experience with Aston too - he fit me in at the last minute to hang some heavy pictures in a gallery and was quick and professional, definitely recommend.

Posted by MiniViking 28 June, 2018 20:42

Another thumbs up from me too for Aston. He did a great job of helping me put up some really fiddly shelves. Would definitely recommend and will use him again myself.

Posted by SaraEllen 14 July, 2018 15:34

I'd also like to add a recommendation for Aston. Aston came to fit some blinds for me this week - and at the same time he suggested it would be good to take down an old blind and refit it so that it would line up with the new one. The blinds look perfect! If Aston hadn't suggested changing the alignment of the old blind it would not have looked nearly as good. This is the 3rd time Aston has done jobs for me - and he is always very professional and skilled. I'll definitely use Aston again and highly recommend him.

Posted by Lilac2018 20 July, 2018 09:49

I hired Aston to refit a towel rail and loo roll holder in my bathroom. He completed the job over two separate visits to allow for drying time. I found him to be very professional. His communication about the work was excellent, he arrived punctually, he was courteous to have around the house and his work was meticulous and to a high standard. He clearly takes a lot of pride in his work. At £300 this did not come cheap, but I am very pleased with the final result.

Posted by frankm 24 July, 2018 23:47

I contacted Aston on account of the recommendations on this forum. He sorted out a blind cord which was detached, and opened jammed window. Top man.

Posted by Helenandpaul 26 July, 2018 20:43

Aston came round to do several jobs for us and he did an excellent job. It was an exceptionally hot day but Aston kept his cool! I would definitely use Astonís services again and would 100^ recommend him. He was easy to communicate with and very helpful in making decisions when I was struggling! Thanks Aston and see you again soon no doubt.

Posted by WG 28 July, 2018 21:20

We have asked Aston to do a variety of jobs over the past 2 years or so and have found him unfailingly reliable, polite and efficient. He communicates well from beginning to end and (particularly important) will say if he doesn't feel that he has the skills required for the job. He has repaired doors, door handles, light fittings and furniture and has also done painting for us. His charges are reasonable and we would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Posted by ABC123! 05 August, 2018 09:44

Another recommendation for Aston who came around last week to box in some cables and pipe work for me. Did a great job as always. Would not hesitate to recommend him.

Posted by EDfringe 09 August, 2018 20:27

Strongly recommend Aston (07490 947355), who fixed a tricky cabinet door for us that had come off its hinges repeatedly. His work was precise, done efficiently, reasonably priced and he was great to have around. Would definitely call him in again.

Posted by natbow 11 August, 2018 09:01

Looking for someone who can attach an IKEA door panel to a new IKEA integrated dishwasher. The machine is all plumbed in and connected.
The dishwasher name is: Renodlad
The door panel is: Grevsta
The specific IKEA instructions are available.
The site of the job is Camberwell Grove
Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was 2018:08:12:07:01:26 by natbow.

Posted by e_d_mum 16 August, 2018 08:49

Aston has just put together an astonishing amount of IKEA stuff and hung various paintings, coat hooks and very delicate paper screen - all in one day and to an exceptional standard. I would recommend him without hesitation a and wouldn't want to use anyone else!

Posted by rostamk 17 August, 2018 10:25

I too can thoroughly recommend Aston. He put up a wall mounted bannister, added a bannister rail & handle, put up numerous curtain poles and helped fix our dodgy guttering. He was an absolute gent and I felt very comfortable leaving him to finish the work in our house when I had to head off to work in the afternoon.

You can get hold of him on ‭07490 947355‬

Posted by PandG 21 August, 2018 13:19

Aston came to see us to try to repair failing hinges on an integrated fridge and a separate freezer - he spent a couple of hours trying to fix them and advised we needed new hinges - he made no charge for that visit!

Today he came and fitted the 4 sets of new hinges - job done very satisfactorily in an hour!

Nice man, tidy worker and all at fair prices.

Canít rate him high enough!

Contact him on 07490 947355

P and G

Posted by CameronMac 26 August, 2018 10:50

Like the many others who have already posted on this thread to, I would highly recommend Aston for the quality and meticulous approach to the jobs he undertakes. I had two drawers in a home-made unit that required replacement runners. This was a particularly tricky and awkward job as the unit had been custom-built and nothing was of a standard size. I'm pleased to say that Aston was able to make the necessary adjustments to fit the runners which now work perfectly.

Aston also resealed a leaking shower unit which had been a problem for some considerable time and which, despite having already been resealed more than once, continued to leak. Aston explained what he thought might be causing the problem and what he would do to repair the leaks. Again, his work was meticulous and the finished job was extremely neat and tidy.

I would highly recommend Aston and I certainly intend to use his services again should the need arise.

CM

Posted by asd 29 August, 2018 10:57

Really positive experience yesterday with Aston, who put up all of the pictures in our recently repainted flat, including some huge, heavy frames. He was extremely careful with the appearance of the pictures on the wall, and also to protect the new paintwork. We were really impressed with the end result, and also with Astonís professional, friendly manner. We wouldnít hesitate to contact him again.

Posted by tkbd2014 29 August, 2018 21:31

My wife and I are very happy with Aston's work. He fitted 2 floating shelves in our baby's nursery and his friendly manner and great service will make us definitely call him again for future work.

We recommend Aston 100%

Posted by Beaky 05 September, 2018 08:50

Aston came round on Monday and fitted 2 blinds for me - he was very polite, professional and cleaned up as he went along. Would highly recommend him and will definitely use him again

Posted by a_m 10 September, 2018 14:19

Aston did another fantastic job for my mum, hanging lots of pictures and a clock. She was really pleased with his professional, friendly and efficient way of working and asked me to post on here with a review to recommend him.

Posted by Hilja 12 September, 2018 13:57

Another recommendation for Aston, who disassembled, reassembled and reinforced a wooden Ikea kitchen trolley that kept collapsing - now solid as a rock. He also put new hinges and a bolt on an outhouse/shed door. He's efficient, professional, friendly and calm and I won't hesitate to ask him to tackle other tasks in the future.

Posted by sportbilly 17 September, 2018 19:26

Aston came over today to fix 2 doors for me. He was punctual, fixed the problems, tidied up when he finished and the bill was reasonable. Very happy, and would definitely recommend and use him again.

Posted by e_d_mum 20 September, 2018 20:42

Another brilliant job from Aston today, I wouldn't use anyone else

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum