Recommendation: Greg - Painter/Decorator and more

miss T

I want to recommend Greg - I can't praise him too highly. I had rotten old sash windows - really in a bad way - he renovated them completely. Friends cant believe they're the same windows! He did everything from replacing sash cords,stripping and treating wood, filling frames and finishing to such a high standard.

I'm so happy with his work.

He also does external and internal painting - refreshes bathrooms (mould removal,regrouting,mouldy sealant replacement etc)

and all sorts of general maintenance jobs,furniture assembly and electrical jobs such as installing new light fittings etc etc.

He does much more than Ive listed here so give him a call and he'll be happy to talk to you.

He works for himself - is local - and very willing to come and give a free quote.

He sets very high standards for himself and on top of all that is a really nice guy. Im more than happy to sing his praises.

GREG 07955 656941

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for someone to do some painting work, Greg comes highly recommended. He recently painted our front door. From start to finish, Greg is extremely reliable and thorough, explaining the process very clearly. He did a wonderful job, and went the extra mile (after a long day) to ensure it was finished properly.

Greg's number is 07955656941.

To answer your question ijolt - Ive known Greg for several years but it was only when i was telling him about my rotten windows that I discovered he did this kind of work. Believe me I wish i had known before. You really will be so happy with his work.

• 2 weeks later...
I've just used Greg for a number of jobs around the house as I have just moved home. He hung my blinds and curtains,and much more. He was warm and reliable and great value for money. I am going to ask him to come again when I have another set of jobs to be done. Highly recommended.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another big shout out for Greg!

He has just decorated both my bedrooms and put together furniture etc. The finish is excellent, it looks so professional and his work has totally surpassed my expectations. He is reliable, friendly and works incredibly dilligently - he is also great value for money.

I couldn't recommend him highly enough and will definitely be asking him to do further decorating in my flat.

Greg's number is 07955656941.

I would also like to recommend Greg. He did some touching up/repairing of paint work in a couple of rooms. He was quick in getting back to me, came round within a day to give a quote. Greg took great care with the work, and the finished result was of a high standard, and even did a couple of little jobs during down time while the paint was drying. I would definitely employ Greg again.

• 1 month later...

Greg decorated three sets of bookshelves for us late July and he was brilliant. We are very pleased with the end result, very well finished work. He was also very professional, arrived when he said he would, worked consistently and hard to get the job done within the timescale agreed, has attention to detail, cleared up at the end of the day, not an intrusive presence, in fact a very nice man.

He was not our cheapest quote but his price was fair, there was no running over time or hidden costs. He was accommodating given we wanted to have the work done as soon as possible, the whole thing was stress free. Would have no hesitation in using him again.

Greg: 07955 656 941

• 4 weeks later...
Greg just finished several jobs around our house and we are very pleased with them. He is hard working and reliable. He delivered on time and on budget. He is good at explaining how he will do a job and what the result will be so there are no surprises. Will definitely be using him again!

• 2 weeks later...

Greg has just finished painting a couple of external doors and I found him to be really thorough and professional.

He was quick to get back to my initial enquiry and proved to be very reliable, clear about what needed to be done and was also a nice guy to have around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have used Greg twice now and he was excellent both times I used him. He is friendly and always on time. He knows how to get a job done quickly and efficiently and he is very skilled at making the finish look superb. I would highly recommend him to friends and family. He is great value for money and very trustworthy. I look forward to using him in the future when I need more jobs done.

Greg has just finished painting the exterior of 3 sash Windows. He prepared all the wood work and masonry very thoroughly, replacing putty and sealant only where it was required, and clearly explained what was required. He worked hard and carefully to ensure a good, thorough finish and was happy to do some DIY jobs while the paint was drying. I would be happy to recommend his painting/decorating and 'handyman' skills and hope to be able to employ him again.

• 1 month later...
Greg has just finished decorating a bedroom for me which included making good damaged plasterwork before applying lining paper, preparing and painting woodwork and finishing off walls and ceiling with emulsion. He provided a realistic estimate and work schedule and kept to it. He is a dedicated worker; knowledgeable, professional and his work is first class. I highly recommend him.

• 2 months later...
I can't recommend Greg highly enough ! He's just finished painting my front window frames and front door! He works very hard and is reasonably priced ( he could charge more ) .Greg finished the work on time and even let my little boy do some painting with him ( very sweet) . I'm chuffed with the end result and get lots of complemts from visitors at to how smart the front door looks now ! Deffo #teamgreg

Another recommendation for Greg - he painted our house, fixed creaking stairs / floorboards and did several other DIY jobs quickly, reliably and for a reasonable price. We will definitely use him again.

I have used Greg's painting services twice (most recently this week) to paint and hang wallpaper and various hang blinds/hooks. This involved stripping/sanding old, filling, painting doors, walls, ceilings. We agree a price/time in advance. He quotes either for the job or a daily rate. He did a good job, leaving a nice finish. (Ensure you/he protect existing fittings, especially wooden floors if a lot of filling/sanding is done to avoid filler dust settling in the wood.) Greg is trustworthy, works hard and offers good value for money, going the extra mile to refit light fittings, curtains poles, radiators, etc after the job is finished. I had no hesitation giving him house keys. Highly recommended and will use him again if needed.

I would like to recommend Greg as well. He come to our house to fit an external door and he did an amazing job. He was very tidy and he left the door perfectly fitted. We deffinetely would call him back if we need another job. He is reliable and he charge very rasonable price for the quality of job he delivers. Top quality.

Greg 07955 656 941

• 2 weeks later...
Greg has recently done some painting and decorating at mine. He works to his own very high standards and won't cut corners. He worked very hard to finish the job on time and kept me informed as to what he was doing as he went along. He was very thorough and professional and I would certainly recommend him.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to add a recommendation for Greg. I had very tight timescales and Greg came the day I after I phoned to give me a quote and then started the job the day after that. This is almost unheard of in London!

He also was able to solve a tricky problem that came up on the job and found a great solution. He stayed amiable and professional throughout and delivered a really great paint job. I'd hire him again in a flash.

Greg 07955 656 941

• 4 weeks later...
We've recently had Greg refurbish the main front entrance of an old Victorian conversion. He did an amazingly thorough job to a very high standard, sanding back old paint, touching up masonry and repainting the exterior. We were impressed with his punctuality and professionalism. Greg kept us informed all the way through. Incredibly reliable and we will hire him again!

• 1 month later...
I'd echo the comments of others on this forum. Greg, and his colleague Jacob, have done a fantastic job in my living room and previous carbuncle of a understairs cloakroom. They take great pride in their work and take time to think about practical solutions. They kept me informed throughout the process. I would not hesitate to recommend Greg and to re-hire him!