Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com
xxxx
Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

Glazer Delmar

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
messageRe: Plumber recommendation - A.F.E Plumbing Services
Posted by shaun007 06 August, 2018 21:44

Contacted Aria at short notice across the weekend, he was very responsive and has sorted the works on the Monday!
Thanks again for help and polite efficient manner.

Posted by landcroft 11 August, 2018 20:13

Very good response and job well done by Arias brother Dan and tiler Mark. Professional and helpful and accommodating. Will definitely use again and can recommend them.

Posted by Shaila Shah 15 August, 2018 17:37

Aria, Dan and Michael replaced a macerator. Called this morning and they managed to come round in the afternoon! All fixed. Good price, VERY prompt attendance, and polite and helpful. Will definitely recommend and use again.

Posted by jules b 16 August, 2018 09:55

Aria arranged for his team to come around and replace dripping taps at short notice. Job done, fast and well. The guys were polite and worked around my schedule. Would recommend.

Posted by David S 22 August, 2018 21:21

Very happy with an extensive range of work carried out by AFE, they responded very promptly to my initial inquiry, offered a competitive price, gave excellent advice, and carried out the work very efficiently. Definitely recommend and will use again!

Posted by rxs356 24 August, 2018 08:36

We have had the same experience - short notice, quick response and very efficient service. We'll be using Aria & team again!

Posted by SRKR1234 27 August, 2018 18:58

Once again, brilliant service from Aria and Dan (plus Michael who I met for the first time).
They installed a new shower in super quick time and when a problem arose with the electrical supply they organised for an electrician to call me straight away. Electrician was excellent and as willing and helpful as Aria and Co. Now all sorted and shower up and running efficiently.
Have recommended A.F.E. Plumbing to several friends and neighbours and will continue to do so. The whole team are helpful,considerate and appreciative of what a pain it is to have plumbing problems! They offer a prompt response to all enquiries and once work is completed they follow up with a text to ensure that all is well ....fantastic service!

Posted by Beaky 27 August, 2018 19:14

Husband accidentally put a nail through a pipe last night and Aria came round this morning to fix it - went out of his way on a Bank Holiday to get the part and fix the leak so we were able to have water again. Aria was very polite and I Would highly recommend him for any plumbing jobs

Posted by hedgirl 28 August, 2018 20:44

Very satisfied with the replacement taps in kitchen and bathroom supplied and fitted by Aria's team. They managed to work out the old, convoluted water system. Would recommend them to friends and family.

Posted by SaraEllen 29 August, 2018 11:59

Again, Aria and his team have done excellent work for me! They came yesterday to fit a new tap. It was in a very difficult place to reach with the possibility that a Butler's sink might have to be moved. But Dan managed to fit the new pipework and tap by carefully reaching behind so the sink didn't have to taken out. Before they came to fit the tap Aria had also given me advice so that I didn't buy the wrong tap which was really helpful. Aria also noticed a problem with my boiler's pipework under the sink that I will now get fixed before the winter hits. A terrific team who do excellent work! Highly recommended!

Posted by tobygwazdacz 29 August, 2018 20:30

Another positive recommendation for Aria and his team. Really pleased to have found this thread suggesting them. Very satisfied with their work. Were in and out in a matter of hours, would highly recommend to others.

Posted by Alcal 03 September, 2018 12:00

Having seen some excellent recommendations on here for AFE I wanted to share my very positive experience with them. Really lovely guys, great communication, thorough, polite and reasonably priced. They even arrived early for the job and checked the job thoroughly before they left. Highly recommended. I will be using them again.

Posted by Rainbowsky 05 September, 2018 01:17

I think this forum has been hijacked with fake reviews as it is highly unlikely that any trader can get consistent and regular reviews such as this - up to 10 pages of recommendations and you can see the same phrases being used over and over again, and telephone details being repeated. Use with care.

Posted by Hassie 05 September, 2018 07:10

Not fake as far as I am concerned. Not sure what the "same phrases" that concern you are and why wouldn't the telephone number be repeated? - that is how you get hold of them! (they also have an email address).

It is true that Aria will always ask for a review here (once a job is complete), and to facilitate that happening he will send you (the client) a link to this site. It is then up to the client whether or not they act upon that request. I have no issue with that approach - of course Aria is looking to promote his business through positive feedback. In my experience there is no pressure if you don't act upon that request, which is a nice contrast to experience with some Amazon retailers or Airbnb providers!

Posted by kditan 05 September, 2018 11:00

Called Aria to fix the kitchen pipe cos our landlord saw the good reviews on this forum. They came the next day and because I mentioned I was coming off night shift they came early in the day. They did a fantastic job! They were very quick & efficient. I told our landlord to continue using them for her other properties. Will def call on them again. Easily the sweetest team ever.

Posted by Phil Davies 05 September, 2018 11:21

Rainbowsky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think this forum has been hijacked with fake
> reviews as it is highly unlikely that any trader
> can get consistent and regular reviews such as
> this - up to 10 pages of recommendations and you
> can see the same phrases being used over and over
> again, and telephone details being repeated. Use
> with care.

Just in case anyone actually takes the above message seriously, I thought I'd post about my experience of dealing with AFE - and I can assure you I'm neither a forum hijacker or a friend of Aria or indeed Aria himself (though I do wish I had his plumbing skills...)

I've had a leaking bathroom tap for months now and yesterday I finally got round to doing something about it. I went onto SE23-Life forum first because that's local to me, and everyone over there was raving about AFE. Then I had a peep on here and the same enthusiastic recommendations were evident. So I texted Aria to see if it was likely I could get it fixed at some point this week. And by the end of the afternoon, after a useful exchange of texts and some solid graft from his team, my leaking tap problem was fixed.

I guess the repetition of phrases (quick response, efficient workers, polite and trustworthy etc etc etc) that led to Rainbowsky's suspicion are repeated BECAUSE THEY'RE TRUE. They really do work quickly and deal with jobs swiftly and they really are polite and considerate people. And because they work so efficiently they get lots of satisfied customers who are more than happy to post a positive review - myself included who, granted, doesn't usually have much cause to come on here.

And yes, Aria did request that I post a review on here if I was pleased with the work - so what?! That's how I got his details in the first place and that's how his company thrives. In the end, everybody's happy. (Well, almost everybody... But feel free to PM me if you think it will help determine whether or not I'm a secret agent working on behalf of AFE...)

Posted by LauraSteph 05 September, 2018 19:43

UPDATE: Previous issue fully resolved. Problem was not caused by Aria or AFE plumbing directly. That said, Aria picked this up and has been instrumental in getting everything sorted purely to help me out. Much appreciated and faith in plumbers reinstalled!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:09:06:18:33:13 by LauraSteph.

Posted by lottie 05 September, 2018 20:57

I had a plumbing issue that needed sorting out a few weeks ago and I can also say that I was very impressed with the service. I got their details from the EDF impressed by all the good references. I was not disappointed. They came round promptly and sorted the problem quickly and efficiently. I would use their services again without hesitation.

Posted by east-of-the-Rye 06 September, 2018 11:40

Aria sorted out a dripping tap, a tap that wouldn't turn off and replaced a valve on another tap. He turned up on time, was efficient and charged what he said he would, we'd use him again and in fact may do soon.

Posted by Into The Clouds 08 September, 2018 16:52

WOWS, what a long list of positive feedback! I first read recommendations for Aria and Dan over at SE23.life but see they have an even bigger following HERE!

So, just to add another thumbs-up. I'd been putting off four plumbing jobs around my flat for ages. But after a quick phone call, Aria and Dan were on the case a few days later.

It sounds like they are big in demand. But even though they are busy fellas, they kept in touch and made sure all the jobs got done even if they couldn't always be there in person.

As I'm sure a lot of you would agree, sometimes you get plumbers, electricians round and they can be a right grouchy bunch! So it was a nice change to deal with a team who take the job and the customer communication seriously. So I would definitely recommend 'em and also call 'em again if any other plumbing jobs come up.

For an added bonus, I also got some other useful contacts from Aria (electricians, boiler check, gutters etc) which are sure to come in handy.

Posted by Elphinstone's Army 09 September, 2018 11:01

It was nice of you to register especially to laud your plumbers so enthusiastically.

Posted by georgia 11 September, 2018 09:54

Aria and Dan are always very reliable, friendly and efficient, would definitely also recommend them.

Posted by EdgarRes 17 September, 2018 23:05

Found A.F.E plumbing services on the EDF and also independently recommended by a friend. Aria answered my initial message within minutes and gave some useful advice prior to setting up an appointment which saved time. Subsequent communications were easy. Dan and Michael came on the day and sorted my tap problem very quickly. Clean and tidy workers. Knowledgeable, friendly, courteous and respectful. Highly recommended.

Posted by Villageperson 21 September, 2018 19:35

Very courteous and polite. Reasonable pricing which came down during the job - the opposite of the usual experience! Lovely trio who I had no problem in leaving alone in my house after just an hour or so of meeting. They came highly recommended from a neighbour. I followed Arias advice on which tap to buy and he also fixed a dodgy toilet and will be back to fix a shower which another plumber failed to sort. Will be using him again.

Posted by mayfly 22 September, 2018 19:32

A.F.E. Plumbing have come up trumps for us again and fixed our bath mixer tap this time. Water had started leaking out through the diverter valve when we went to run the bath. Aria was very quick to respond and kept in touch while we were waiting for the correct part, which Dan installed quickly and efficiently when it arrived.

We are very grateful for their expertise and perseverance in fixing the tap as the installation of a new tap would have meant taking the bathroom apart!

They are very polite, professional and courteous. Highly recommended.

Aria can be reached on 07739 734895

Posted by Gilo35 25 September, 2018 17:47

Aria has been reliable and efficient in dealing with a couple of plumbing issues for me recently. He always responds promptly via text or whats app, provides invoices and is easy to deal with. He asked me to post feedback and i am happy to recommend

Posted by Prenton Park 27 September, 2018 22:06

I also strongly recommend A.F.E. Plumbing Services. They took on a really tricky and urgent job at my house at short notice, opening the ceiling to locate a leak. The work needed a plumber and a carpenter and they pulled off the track-and- trace and completed the fix and repressurised the system in a single afternoon. They kept me well informed all the way and were consistently nice and helpful. Thank you, Aria!

Posted by brainbot15 02 October, 2018 09:21

Hi there,

Just wanted to add to the recommendations. The guys from AFE were prompt to respond, work out a solution and tidied up afterwards. Will use them again.

Posted by Toby 03 October, 2018 10:54

Aria and his brother were brilliant, had to go back twice thanks to screwfix being useless. They Couldnt have been more useful and would recommend them highly.

Posted by topickering 06 October, 2018 19:46

To add to the list (and to address Rainbowsky's concerns, this is a genuine review), I was very happy with the service from Aria and his brother. We had a kitchen tap which needed replacing and this was done quickly and to a great standard. Aria gave advice on different brands of tap and where to buy, which was appreciated.

They also helped trace a slow leak in a bathroom and are helping us decide what course of action to take to remedy - I may be naive but I trust their advice, which has been tailored to our wants (and budget) and not simply a recommendation for the most expensive approach.

It can be hard to find a reliable plumber so I'm glad I looked on this forum!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum