Melbourne Tyres?

icicle

We're about to drive 1,000 miles to France and he's telling us that all our tyres are dangerous. We've replaced two through him but wondering if he's doing a hard sell. Can anyone vouch for him or recommend another supplier locally? Thanks.

• 9 months later...

Never Never Never will I use Melbourne Tyre again!

Despite I can see the nail, he insisted I had to change my tyre. Installed a tyre which has a different load and speed ratings to the rest of the 3 tyres and charged me ?85 for a unbranded tyre, made in Thailand, without receipt. My car ESP signal came up very soon after as the tyre is not compatable with the rest.

Even a michelin at Kwik fit will cost less than ?80 including fitting!!!

Why didn't you ask for a receipt?

If you have problems, you have no proof of purchase.

Though I would never use the ED Kwik Fit again, as suggested above. They were rude and unhelpful when I went there a few months back, or at least the person I spoke to was.

I got the tyre replaced at a really helpful and efficient little place in Oxford.

Not very convenient if the replacement is time critical though!

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why didn't you ask for a receipt?

We used MT once...they did an OK job..but refused to give a receipt when asked. We now go to KF and find them very good. The last time we went for what we thought might be a new tyre but the guy who served us showed us the point where a screw had pierced the tyre and repaired it/checked it out without fuss or scaremongering.

All I can say is I had the opposite experience. I went in with a flat tyre caused by a nail and asked for a new tyre but he said no need for a new one, I can fix that hole for you for ?15.

That was earlier this year and tyre has been fine since then.

Be blessed Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Never Never Never will I use Melbourne Tyre again!

>

> Despite I can see the nail, he insisted I had to

> change my tyre. Installed a tyre which has a

> different load and speed ratings to the rest of

> the 3 tyres and charged me ?85 for a unbranded

> tyre, made in Thailand, without receipt. My car

> ESP signal came up very soon after as the tyre is

> not compatable with the rest.

> Even a michelin at Kwik fit will cost less than

> ?80 including fitting!!!