MOT GARAGES

mary123

embracefinancial Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Definitely East Dulwich Test Centre on Tyrell

> Road. Had several MOTs / services done there and

> they are quick, reasonably priced and very

> helpful.

I stopped going there when I mistook the MOT date (my fault obv) and turned up a day too late and they just said the MOT was yesterday

When I asked why they hadn't contacted me when I didn't turn up, as I could have had the car there within ten minutes, they had no reply.

So now I take it to Dells in Handler Road.

embracefinancial Wrote:

> Definitely East Dulwich Test Centre on Tyrell

> Road. Had several MOTs / services done there and

> they are quick, reasonably priced and very

> helpful.

Seconded, I've always found the guys in there really helpful and they don't try to rip you off by making you spend money before you need to. My last MOT and test my back tyres were getting worn but still good enough to get through the MOT and they said that given the low mileage I did, they thought I would be able to wait until next MOT to change them and just told me to come back sooner if my mileage went up compared to prior years.

• 5 months later...

On the basis of this thread, I picked the Dulwich Test Centre on Tyrell Rd for the MOT & mini service which were done yesterday. This is my first car/first MOT so I was a bit worried about the cost. It is also a second hand car which I purchased about 5 months ago.

I found Paul and his brother very professional, reasonable and very reliable. As mentioned in the previous thread, they don't try to rip you off and recommend what needs to be fixed in the future. Of course, this wasn't anything urgent but what I liked they did not put any pressure on me to have it fixed by them and straight away. They just made me aware of the issue and let me to decide which I appreciated.

I highly recommend them and will definitely use them again.

Kind regards

Kat

• 1 year later...

Alec1 Wrote:

> The test centre in Deptford. Free re-test/no pass

> no fee. No garage attached so no vested interest

> in failing you!

+1 for the Test Centre in Deptford. Have been 3 years in a row with my 18yr old BMW convertible. They are very reasonably priced, thorough and efficient. As Alec1 says, they offer a free re-test if you fail and do not do any repairs, so it's in their interest for you to pass!

The only fault they ever found was a broken light bulb - the one thing they can fix for you - which they did for ?2.

Last time I went, I happened to go to KwikFit a couple of weeks after for a new tyre, and they tried to flog me all sorts of 'fixes for problems' that would soon fail an MOT. Told them to take a hike :-)