Bespoke radiator cover

Khind

I would like to put a radiator cover in our hallway but after measuring up it seems our radiator is very high 95cm. Annoyingly I can only seem to find ones up to about 93cm! Has anyone had one made? And how much did it cost? Really don't want to spend a fortune but struggling to find anything ready made that would work.

Hello,

If you really want to keep costs down, even if you are not handy, these are very easy to make. Just google for a video. If you don?t have the gear, that?s fine. Just measure up and ask whitten timber or similar to cut the wood to the correct sizes for you then just drill together.

Alternatively, buy the one you want and add a bit or skirting or similar to the bottom to raise it up?

Good luck

Radiator covers reduce the heat output from the radiator by quite a considerable amount. If you have a rad with fins on the back you will need to rout a thin slot in the top to allow the hot air to come through. I have made a lot of covers for a interior designers in the past. I am now retired but Whitten Timber make them to the customers measurements.