highly recommended builder

Hi all.

They also done immaculate job on our extension and the full house refurbishment in our house in upland road,they can put a professional hand over most external and internal jobs such as tiling,flooring,carpentry,structural works either concreting, build extensions. Highest quality, hard working,communication through all the job from begining to the last touch ups. Very highly recommended! Will use them again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recommend them too. They are just starting their own business, and it is really nice dealing with a small team of the same faces every day.

They are polite and considerate and care about giving you a good service. (It is much nicer than getting a quote from a bigger company who then passes it on to hired hands who are on minimum wage and don?t care at all).

• 1 month later...
I would like to add my recommendation for Gintaras (Lightbuild.co.uk/ 07427566558)- we had a great experience with him after our ceilings collapsed following a major roof leak, Gintaras really saved the day for us- completing the job promptly and to a very high standard - our bedroom now looks better than ever. We couldn't be happier with the result and wouldn't hesitate to use Gintaras again for other projects.

• 3 months later...

We absolutely agree, Gintaras and lightbuild.co.uk are fantastic. They reroofed and rebuilt our 30 year old kitchen and extension in the summer. They were sensitive and thoughtful about our family who lived in the house during building work and our neighbours. They worked incredibly hard and long hours. They are craftsmen and perfectionists but they also called in excellent people to do any elements which were beyond their expertise. They were brilliant at understanding what we wanted and helping us to source materials. They finished the job quickly. We recommend them wholeheartedly and love our beautiful new kitchen and living space.

Gintaras just called by to check that everything is working well and that we are happy with everything they did?.and we certainly are!

Gintaras (Lightbuild.co.uk) has just completed an extensive refurbishment of our family home. This was an enormous project for us which Gintaras guided us through in the most re-assuring way. His work and that of his team is first class; like other recommendations suggest he's a craftsman and a perfectionist - it's worth saying that this doesn't mean it takes a long time, it means the job is done right first time around. I couldn't have asked for more in a builder and he leaves us knowing that any project we have in the future, he will be the first person we contact. Aside from the work his ethos and general manner is amazing - my wife calls him a builder with heart, he always identifies solutions not problems and my kids, well they think he's a super hero (their words not mine).

Specifics about the project -

The house is a semi- detached victorian property in East Dulwich which we had to strip bare, back to the brickwork and in many places replace stud walls and some flooring. We also had the entire house re-wired and re-plumbed which was managed alongside the build. All of the structural work was completed to the satisfaction of our structural engineers report and the final finish of the house is beautiful.

I'd be very happy to answer any questions anyone might have about our project and the tireless work Gintaras and his team put in.

Very happy to have found such an amazing builder!

Phil

• 6 months later...

Gintaras (lightbuild.co.uk) recently completed a bathroom refurbishment, which involved a complete remodelling of a separate bathroom and WC.

The work was done to a very high standard and we?re very happy with the results. I cannot recommend Gintaras highly enough, not only for his ability, craftsmanship and hardwork, but also for his positive presence and friendly nature. It?s been a pleasure having him around and he brings a positive manner and approach to his work. He?s a great problem solver and I found that no request was beyond his ability or patience. He?ll be our first port of call on all future works.

• 1 month later...

Another shout out for Gintaras here.

Gintaras saved us when another bathroom firm abandoned us after we found dry rot during renovations. We found him on this forum and gave him a call and luckily he was able to fit us in. He did a complete refit of the bathroom including building a new bulkhead for shelf and niche, all plumbing, tiling, electrics (new extractor fan, spotlights etc), plastering, painting to a good standard. The design I planned was not a standard like for like, we had to move sinks and radiators but nothing was too much trouble for Gintaras and he was happy to accommodate any requests I had, often coming up with creative solutions. He was also very keen to ensure we were happy with everything he had done.(I've attached a before and after picture)

I was at home during the renovations but was happy to have Gintaras around as he was friendly and professional from the outset. He was considerate and made sure the house was clean and tidy at the end of each day. I was very comfortable with him in the house and he ended up feeling like part of the family, he was also very sweet with my 5 year old daughter.

We have since used Gintaras to do a renovation of our reception rooms and will be using him again in the future. As such I have no hesitation in recommending him.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I?ll echo all the glowing reviews for Gintaras and his team at lightbuild.co.uk ? if you?ve got building work that needs doing, save yourself some hassle and choose him. I'm as cynical as they come about gushing online reviews, but honestly, he is brilliant.

Gintaras recently completed a major renovation of our flat in Forest Hill, and we couldn?t be happier; he has absolutely transformed the place. From top to bottom, the work done is to a brilliant standard, and as others have said Gintaras goes the extra mile to make sure something is done properly rather than simply bodge it to get it done. His passion for his work shines through and nothing was too much trouble e.g. he saved and restored the frame of an old skylight that multiple other tradesmen had taken one look at at and said "replace". Beyond that, Gintaras came up with creative solutions to any problems, and made sure everything on our wish list was included. He quoted competitively and completed the work on time. As we were abroad for most of the work, Gintaras was brilliant at keeping us up to date ? regular pictures of the work progressing, and facetime calls whenever he needed to discuss something or we wanted to see e.g. how the new tiles looked etc ? he even went to Ikea for us so we could discuss kitchens! It?s quite a big step to hand over keys to your place to a total stranger, but Gintaras set us totally at ease and was friendly and utterly professional throughout. He?ll be our first port of call for any future work we have done.

• 10 months later...

Gintaras and his team (Lightbuild) really are fantastic, as the glowing reviews above already show. We can only add to them with more praise ourselves!

Gintaras and his team refurbished our 2bed flat in Camberwell. This involved the total remodelling of our toilet and bath rooms into a single bathroom, a brand new kitchen, hallway and living room spaces.

As an Architect and Graphic Designer we have a very fussy eye for detail and Gintaras really took these on board and exceeded our expectations in the quality of the finishes. Although a small project we had a few complex elements to build and on multiple occasions Gintaras came up with creative solutions to them.

His price was competitive and the timeframes were exactly on schedule, and would have been even quicker had one of our main deliveries not been delayed.

The team were considerate of our neighbours and worked tidily during the whole project.

Gintaras is a fantastic builder and a joy to work with.

You can contact him via: Lightbuild.co.uk

• 2 months later...

I wholeheartedly echo all of the recommendations for Gintaras, of LightBuild.

I had originally hoped that Gintaras would do my extension & some internal remodelling, but the timing didn't work and so I had to go with another builder. I'm still paying dearly for that decision/mistake and have learnt a lot over the course of 7 months in terms of how the "wrong kind of builder" cheats.

When I parted company with that cowboy builder, I called Gintaras to see if there was any way he could possibly help (just before Christmas). Very kindly he was straight on it, despite the prospect of having to finish from another builder and rectify a multitude of poor work.

Gintaras is fundamentally the "right kind of builder". His attitude, standards, skill and energy mean that you get a positive can-do, problem-solving approach, with a meticulous finish in an efficient timeframe.

Gintaras does not like to see a job poorly completed and is a perfectionist. He is that rare breed who takes pride in his work. This does not mean that he takes ages, in fact, he is very task driven ticking off the itemized list as he progressed efficiently, turning my house into what I had hoped and expected.

He is conscientious, courteous and a pleasure to have in your house, especially as it is evident how hard he works to provide quality. I sincerely wish I had waited for his availability originally.

Gintaras' email: [email protected]