Moxon's Next Door Opens Tomorrow

Hi we are so excited to announce that Moxon's Next Door is opening tomorrow.

We are fully booked tomorrow night but please do pop by and try some of our fantastic food.

If you would like to reserve a table either call us on 020 3659 1413 or book through our website www.moxonsnextdoor.com. Find us Next Door to Moxons at 151 Lordship Lane.

We look forward to welcoming you soon!

Moxon's Next Door

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh Sue..🕳

>

> *sigh*

>

> All we need is one or two of the other club

> members and we?ll be wheeling out the usual cark.

>

Eh?

Maybe prices depend on catch of the day or maybe they haven?t been decided yet . also you find a few restaurants that have example menus online with no prices as this reduces the need for website updates which if outsourced can be an added cost

either way am sure they will actually be mentioned on their menu in the restaurant

All that said I?m excited for a local shop to be expanding and offering something different for lordship lane so let?s focus on that instead

herne hilly Wrote:

> Looks lovely but such a shame no prices, a bit

> pretentious, this is East Dulwich not Mayfair.

That?s a really good looking menu, but in my view they?ve got the whole balance of small plate/large plate wrong. It?s basically a small plate menu with options to spend a lot of money on some sharing stuff.

There may be a good reason for it, but it just looks odd to me. Anyway, I?m sure it?ll be successful. The prices are what I?d expect for that kind of repertoire; good fish isn?t cheap, especially the stuff on that menu.

JoeLeg Wrote:

> It?s basically a small plate menu

> with options to spend a lot of money on some

> sharing stuff.

AS you say it does look a bit unbalanced. But there is also the option of the "whole roast fish to share" on the blackboard so doesn't give the whole picture.

Anyway, I wish them well.

I think it looks perfectly balanced. I love small plates, it allows me to try new things without risking ordering a huge pile of something I don't like; with a friend or two I'd happily start at the top and work my way down, sharing every small plate on the menu. I hope they don't change it.

micromacromonkey Wrote:

> I'm sure they will re-do the menu now that they

> discover some idiots on the internet felt it

> wasn't right.

Haha - yes

The blackboard is the key to the menu I expect - that's where the main dish fish likely will be reflected, and as it will change regularly it wont be on printed menu.

You cant talk of the balance of the menu until you have seen the whole picture. There could be one dish or ten on the blackboard. Who knows.

micromacromonkey Wrote:

> I'm sure they will re-do the menu now that they

> discover some idiots on the internet felt it

> wasn't right.

I doubt it, I wouldn?t. I don?t imagine they care what I think or what you think for that matter.

(But I?ll be sure to PM you next time I have an opinion and you can tell me whether or not I should post it.)

I wonder whether the 'tapas style' of eating is a wave that has passed. I note that Barcelona, at the south end of LL before it becomes London Road, has closed - apparently permanently. Which I personally find a shame, although its menu (frequently modified) was still getting 'stale' - despite the quality of the cooking.

It would be interesting to know the research that Moxon's undertook before launching this menu - it looks interesting, certainly, although clearly the proof will be in the delivery. How well done is it, just how small are the small plates?

It must come in with a record breaking price for a main, at least locally, at ?75. You can buy a good large cooked and split lobster from Soper's at well under ?30.

Penguin68 Wrote:

> It must come in with a record breaking price for a

> main, at least locally, at ?75. You can buy a good

> large cooked and split lobster from Soper's at

> well under ?30.

It's not really a main, it's a seafood platter including a whole lobster. I'd expect it to be plenty for two people, maybe with one or two sides.

How is asking prices anything other than sensible? Why would I book and go to a restaurant to get there and find that I can't afford it?

I'm delighted for the folk who don't have to worry about prices but we're not all in a financial position to not care and a bit of acknowledgement that some people are not so comfortably off would at least go some way to making you look less like arrogant a-holes.

I love seafood, and the menu looks resonanly balanced to me. I would be more comfortable with a few small plates and a glass of wine anyway. If I?m not stuffed after that, a cheeseboard would help.

I?m historically not a fan of Moxon?s per se, I?ve always been a Sopers customer. However, this menu doesn?t look bad at all. I?d give it a go.

Louisa.