Plusrooms recommendation

SWeston

We have just used Plusrooms for a side return kitchen extension so wanted to add a recommendation for them here.

They are very thorough and professional. Their service took all the hassle and stress out of the planning and build phases of the project (we went away on holiday for the first month of the build). They also had some good design suggestions.

We had a dedicated (and very knowledgeable and responsive) project manager throughout. The workmen they partner with (builder, plumber, electrician and finishing team) were all really good and work together well.

Overall if you are willing to pay for the service they offer to take the risk and hassle out of a build project we would definitely recommend using plusrooms

Sophie & Mark

• 2 weeks later...

We had the nightmare of living next to one of their jobs. They said they would remeasure when we queried the measurements of the side return. They never remeasured and rushed to put up the extension rotating it across the boundary as they went, despite agreeing with Southwark, the building surveyors and adjoining owners to built it straight. They produced two sets of plans, one for us, Southwark and the Party Wall Surveyors and worked to another one so not only do we have 2/3rd of our neighbours' extension wall on our property we also have six major differences.

After the building encroachment and their disregard of the plans, we asked them to meet my building surveyor on site to go through the plans, they refused to do so even though they were working around the corner. The mention of a boundary surveyor had them running so fast that I am still choking on the dust.

Our safety was not considered and dangerous work such as putting up scaffolding above our heads was just carried out without any notice, despite stating in the Party Wall Agreement we were to receive notice. Hours of work, safety etc were totally ignored by this company and their Project Manager..

If anyone would like to see their work and pictures of the work being carried out please contact me and you can pop around the see for yourselves just how professional this company are. Even better ask the Directors of Plus Rooms to meet you here at my property so that you can see for yourselves whether they are a company you can trust with your money. If they have done nothing wrong here then why are they running and hiding.

They even went so far as to build a false crooked back wall to try and give the illusion that the extension should be crooked. The pictures of them carrying out this work are unbelievable.

We have also had a nightmare living next to one of these ongoing projects. Hours of work not respected in the slightest, including starting work at 7am on both the May bank holidays, and continuing well into the evenings most days until 8 and even last night, 9pm! Despite constant complaints to them (which tends to be difficult as the majority of the workers do not speak English, and obviously they are just trying to get their work done), our neighbor and the project manager, all comments have been ignored. They also leave rubbish on our front garden, and have caught them climbing over the fence and sitting on our roof downstairs to access the property they are working on. I have also caught them sitting in the garden they are working on having beers a few weeks ago one evening! They also pitched string across our garden when building a wall and didnt ask or tell us it would be covering our walkway, and I nearly tripped over it.

I cannot comment on their work or quality of it, but general professionalism is definitely not a strong point, or respecting neighbors.

• 9 months later...