Damp proofing - Recommendation - Dave Reilly (Plastercare)

Chapps

I'd like to recommend Dave Reilly. I picked up his contact on the EDF and he has completed two pieces of damp work for us in our kitchen and living room. He is reliable, friendly, efficient, reasonably priced and the work has been completed to a high standard.

Dave's mobile number is: 07932505589

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Dave

We have got some problems with damp and I am looking for someone to tell me what is causing them - then hopefully fix them for us! Is this something that you might be able to help with? We think it may be a problem with the window, but we are not sure. I am not sure if this falls within what you do?

Thanks

Dave has just been round and was brilliant. Helpful knowledgeable and upfront about what we needed to do and approximate costs. Advised me about some grants that may be available from the council and what we could do without spending too much to sort the job out.

A lovely man who I would heartily recommend

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to add to the praise for Dave Reilly on here. Whilst buying a new flat, we had high damp readings on the survey - Dave came round promptly and checked it out for us at no charge.

We needed 3 days worth of work doing across the flat and Dave quoted really reasonably for this. When it came to the work itself, more needed doing than we initially thought. Dave cracked on with this and completed everything to a really high standard at a very reasonable price.

He is a lovely guy to deal with and taught us loads along the way to stop problems in the future - if you have any damp issues, this is your man!

Dave's mobile number is: 07932505589

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I would recommend Dave to anyone needing damp works done. Dave came round at short notice to give an assessment of the necessary works which came in at 3rd of the price of Kenwood!

Dave worked around our schedule and completed the works a day earlier than expected. Dave and his team then helped us out with other works including electrics, gas and even putting a new doorway in!

Dave and his team are all great fun - very reliable, helpful and efficient.

I'm glad we now have them as contacts for any future works.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all,

I have damp in my flat. I'm looking for somebody to tell me whether it's internal or external and then to fix it. I notice that Dave is a plasterer. Did he do any external work to seal windows or re-point brickwork etc for any of you? I want to make sure I'm solving the problem and not merely, plastering over it!

Thanks so much,

JW

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would also like to add my recommendation for Dave Reilly for dealing with damp issues. He has done fab work for us in remedying small damp problems around the front bay window and cellar, and recently came out within 24 hours of my email to diagnose damp trouble in a house we have surveyed and are in the process of buying. He completely puts our minds at ease, and is refreshingly honest and no-nonsense. Thanks Dave!

Corinne, Nunhead

• 1 month later...

Another recommendation for Dave Reilly, he came and resolved problems caused by a builder when installing a patio, installed the French drain that the builder was supposed to have done, and also sorted some other bits that needed doing. His cohort Bill is also an electrician so did some additional electrical work for us whilst on site.

Extremely knowledgeable, very reasonably priced, highly recommended

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Another recommendation for Dave Reilly. Came to look at what we thought was a damp problem but is actually a dry but cold wall (1906 house). Very helpful and a nice bloke. Explained our options - which was reassuring - and that what that! Wouldn't take payment for his visit.