Gas Fire Recommendation

Beatrice

Hi

We have a decorative gas fire in a large fireplace which produces absolutley no heat! I am looking for a gas fire engineer who could help us choose a more effective heat source and possibly re-design our fireplace to make more efficient. We are not looking for a log burner.

Many thanks. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Ive just had a fireplace and gas fire installed - and I don?t have any hesitation regarding Kent Fireplaces - based in Shortlands. They were recommended to me - I didn?t even shop around - end to end the help and service was brilliant. I later found out that some of my colleagues have used them also!!

Enjoy getting it done :)

Ditto on Kent Fireplaces.. We used them for a gas fire and also a normal Victorian replacement type..

Great job and good price (having spent many weekends travelling to numerous shops!)

The fire we had was a Riva 2 - 800 and its very good for heating a 4x4m sort of room and bigger..

Oh gosh - the heat is melting when on high - so yes very happy with it!

They?ve a huge range and I can?t remember which one I went with! I?ll find the paperwork! But they?ll walk you through the options - but be prepared - I didn?t realise there were so many!

As I said before - they are really helpful and will guide you properly!! Bring some photos and measurements of your current fireplace- if you do decide to go ahead with them - they?ll survey your property based on suitability for whichever fires you may wish to go for!!

Hi Sheff and Muffins

I really appreciate your feedback. I made an awful mistake about ten years ago by buying a gas fire pretty much on looks rather than efficiency of heat and I have regretted it ever since. So I am determined to get it right this time!

I will definitely follow up your suggestion of Kent Fireplaces. Since I'm guessing you live locally can I ask you both a massive favour - can I actually come and see your fire in action and feel what sort of heat it emits? It would take five minutes and I could bring you a thank you gift of your favourite tipple. My number is 07796 943513 if you are up for a quick visit either before Christmas or in the new year.

Thanks again for your feedback. Beatrice