Advice on shipping house move items cheaply

tracymcdavis

An American colleague of mine was made redundant earlier this year and had to leave the UK. She's moved back to the US and she has now decided to stay there.

I have been storing the stuff from her house, as she originally thought she would be coming back to the UK. Now we want to get her stuff shipped across to her as economically as possible - but it's not something I know much about (to say the least!).

Does anybody have any advice on good, cheap ways to do this? It's general household move stuff - about 30 boxes of books, clothes, pictures etc (although I imagine we will do some pruning of that before sending especially if it effects the cost). Timing is not an issue at all.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to everyone who sent info on this - I was investigating the sendmybag site. But, good news, my friend has got a job based in the US but for a UK company and so will be over in the new year when we will be able to sort everything out - some being sent over and some not - expect posts on here and freecycle when that happens!